Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Royce Freeman

Postby Bot101 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:26 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:32 pm
NoRiskItNoBiscuit wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:11 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:57 pm

Wait, it was a major surgery??
It was a major injury... it required surgery. Most minor injuries dont require surgery. Lindsay hasnt been able to do anything.and.he will be incredibly weak when he will be cleared. people are grossly underestimating the severity that this holds. regardless, Freeman is much better suited for this scheme.
Sounds very hyperbolic to me. If Freeman was better suited than why didn't he get more run last year?
Man you havent been reading anything I've been sayin for awhile. The previous coaching staff fitted Lindsay's run style. The new staff fits Freeman. Lindsay also will never fully recover his grip strength in that hand. Freeman also faced far more men in the box on average than Lindsay. Freeman also suffered a high ankle sprain and wasnt the same upon return.

So its easy for Lindsay fans to say "Freeman is JAG" when Freeman was running in a scheme that didnt fit him, vs tougher run defenses and a high ankle sprain.

Get Freeman.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:13 pm

I think some of the comments (both directions) are a bit too far.

- Zone blocking would fit Freeman's style.
- The wrist injury to Lyndsey was a significant one - I'll let the doctors describe why. It wasn't "because it required surgery" but the type of injury it was.
- Lyndsey doesn't just disappear because of the injury.
- Freeman will show much better than the Lyndsey owners believe this year.

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:54 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:26 pm
It was a major injury... it required surgery. Most minor injuries dont require surgery. Lindsay hasnt been able to do anything.and.he will be incredibly weak when he will be cleared. people are grossly underestimating the severity that this holds. regardless, Freeman is much better suited for this scheme.
Sounds very hyperbolic to me. If Freeman was better suited than why didn't he get more run last year?
Man you havent been reading anything I've been sayin for awhile. The previous coaching staff fitted Lindsay's run style. The new staff fits Freeman. Lindsay also will never fully recover his grip strength in that hand. Freeman also faced far more men in the box on average than Lindsay. Freeman also suffered a high ankle sprain and wasnt the same upon return.

So its easy for Lindsay fans to say "Freeman is JAG" when Freeman was running in a scheme that didnt fit him, vs tougher run defenses and a high ankle sprain.

Get Freeman.
Freeman also was better at yards created than Lindsay last year

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:49 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:57 pm
NoRiskItNoBiscuit wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:55 pm Is it just me or is Royce seriously under valued for 2019? Lindsay is recovering from a major wrist injury, and the new zone scheme works in Freemans favor way more than Lindsay. Yet you can get Freeman dirt cheap! He hurt his ankle last year and was never the same.

The potential is still there, I just dont understand why no one is talking about him. Hes going to eat this year
Wait, it was a major surgery??
Yep. His fingers touched his forearm, picture that. Cecil Lammey (Denver beat reporter on Football Guys) says Lindsay is behind schedule. There is a chance Lindsay never regains his full capabilities and strength on his wrist.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:52 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:26 pm

Get Freeman.
Freeman isn’t known for his pass catching prowess right? Is Freeman facing more stacked boxes than Lindsay a cause or a result of their pass catching differences? Me thinks they stacked the boxes against him vs Lindsay for a reason (i.e. Freeman in game = handoff up the gut).
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:45 am

You guys are animals lol I'm not a Lindsay or Freeman guy. I agree Royce should gain value fairly easily this year, would be hard for him not to. Thanks for the info though, don't really put too much thought into this backfield either way

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:51 am

As much as people hate him, the switch to zone is also a better fit for Booker. He’s essentially free and was getting a lot of passing down work last year.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:30 am

I just traded Brandon Cooks/Rashaad Penny/2020 1st for AB/FREEMAN/2020 3rd.
At first I was going to counter for something else besides Freeman. But after a little research, I think Freeman was a good get in the deal.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:36 am

I'm buying Freeman everywhere I can. He's the best 'buy low' guy out there imo.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:30 am

These Lindsay injury takes are getting way out of hand. Is it unfortunate and something to monitor moving forward? Of course.

He's already catching passes at full speed and is expected to be fully cleared for all contact during Training Camp.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:22 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:30 am These Lindsay injury takes are getting way out of hand. Is it unfortunate and something to monitor moving forward? Of course.

He's already catching passes at full speed and is expected to be fully cleared for all contact during Training Camp.
Even if this is true, you haven't addressed that he got hurt in the first place. TO WIT: He is a smaller back and his risk for injury is increased when given a full time workload. Broncos brass learned this the hard way. Thus, a new system better suited for Freeman as the lead with Lindsay as the joker.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:57 am

JTLoh wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:22 am
kmbryant09 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:30 am These Lindsay injury takes are getting way out of hand. Is it unfortunate and something to monitor moving forward? Of course.

Even if this is true, you haven't addressed that he got hurt in the first place. TO WIT: He is a smaller back and his risk for injury is increased when given a full time workload. Broncos brass learned this the hard way. Thus, a new system better suited for Freeman as the lead with Lindsay as the joker.
Legit question - is there any truth / science / research that backs up the argument that smaller RBs get hurt more than bigger RBs?

The injury was not the type of injury that a bigger back could have avoided, and Freeman himself dealt with an injury last year as well - are we knocking him for it?

My point is, there are people in here suggesting that Lindsay might never grip a football strong enough because of his injury - which is outlandish.

FWIW, I don't care what system coaches run. I watched every snap last year and Freeman is JAG, and will continue to be JAG whether he's running in a zone scheme or a power scheme. Meanwhile Lindsay looked ELECTRIC every time he touched the football and was Denver's best weapon all season long.

I agree that he's not a traditional, pound-between-the-tackles type of RB. But to maximize that offense? Lindsay should be getting 12 - 16 carries and another 4 - 6 targets per game.
Last edited by kmbryant09 on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:04 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:57 am

Legit question - is there any truth / science / research that backs up the argument that smaller RBs get hurt more than bigger RBs?

The injury was not the type of injury that a bigger back could have avoided, and Freeman himself dealt with an injury last year as well - are we knocking him for it?

My point is, there are people in here suggesting that Lindsay might never grip a football strong enough because of his injury - which is outlandish.

FWIW, I don't care what system coaches run. I watched every snap last year and Freeman is JAG, while Lindsay looked ELECTRIC.

I agree that he's not a traditional, pound-between-the-tackles type of RB. But to maximize that offense? Lindsay should be getting 12 - 16 carries and another 4 - 6 targets per game.
To add to the size argument, I think the bigger question / concern for RBs is their frame - not some basic number like height or weight.

For reference, Lindsay has the same BMI Index @ 5'8" and 190 pounds as someone who's 6'0" and 215 pounds. Miles Sanders fits that latter profile and I don't see anyone arguing that he's too small.

Being short for a RB might actually be better - your center of gravity is lower and you're less susceptible to lower body injuries from being too upright. If Lindsay was 5'8" and 170 pounds? I'd be worried. But he's 9 pounds less than Jamaal Charles' playing weight and 3 inches shorter.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:42 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:04 am
kmbryant09 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:57 am

FWIW, I don't care what system coaches run. I watched every snap last year and Freeman is JAG, while Lindsay looked ELECTRIC.

To add to the size argument, I think the bigger question / concern for RBs is their frame - not some basic number like height or weight.

For reference, Lindsay has the same BMI Index @ 5'8" and 190 pounds as someone who's 6'0" and 215 pounds. Miles Sanders fits that latter profile and I don't see anyone arguing that he's too small.

Being short for a RB might actually be better - your center of gravity is lower and you're less susceptible to lower body injuries from being too upright. If Lindsay was 5'8" and 170 pounds? I'd be worried. But he's 9 pounds less than Jamaal Charles' playing weight and 3 inches shorter.
I remember reading a stat that the most productive RB's were most often within an inch or so of 6 ft tall, but can't remember where I read it.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:41 pm

In terms of that specific injury, it's nothing to do with his size (having done it myself and definitely a 'bigger back'). Actually quite an uncommon injury in contact sports.

But as to whether his size makes him more likely to sustain future injuries, I would've agreed in the past, but people are so different. I've seen tiny guys never get injured at rugby, whilst other bigger, ripped, freaks of nature, can ever stay healthy. I'm sure there's some correlation, but until he starts getting those injuries I'm not as concerned
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04