The Real Zay Jones thread..

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: The Real Zay Jones thread..

Postby mild » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:31 pm

I always smile when this thread pops up. Zay Jones is the craziest of gamble trains to be riding coach on... I grabbed him off waivers in my 10-team for free when his play picked up last season. Tried putting him in a trade as a throw in this offseason... that conversation went like this:

"How do you feel about riding the crazy-train express that is Zay Jones?"
"That's a little too crazy for my tastes... even for me!"

On the good side - he's got nice measurables, we've seen flashes, his QB situation at least appears to be young and stable (with plenty of arm and an infinite amount to improve upon), and this will be the oft-vaunted "third year WR season" for him. He's also only 2 years off potentially being another Robert Woods, and making his escape from Buffalo...

On the bad - can you ever trust a Buffalo Bill? And most mocks I see have the Bills taking an alpha WR1 first or second round (seeing a lot of DK Metcalf). He also had Foster breathing down his neck at the end of last season, despite playing well, Foster was even better.

This will be an interesting year for Zay Jones. But for the price of "free" or close to it, you could do a lot worse on a gambling variance play.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Zay Jones to the Raiders

Postby Phaded » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:48 pm

For a 5th.
I like it for the Raiders and for fantasy.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Zay Jones to the Raiders

Postby Blueboy » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:02 pm

Agreed. I actually might love it for the Raiders. Zay seems like a guy that may not be useful for fantasy, but can be a very valuable situational WR for real football.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:32 pm

Instant Starter on that depth chart. Low risk move by Mayock for a guy who can help them.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:11 am

Like this a lot. Jones’ skill set seems like a better fit in Oakland and he clearly needs a change of scenery after being called out for taking plays off in Buffalo. I’m not convinced this is going to turn his career around, but at least he has a chance now. Not sure that was the case in Buffalo.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:57 am

Agreed that a change of scenery seems to be in order for Zay Jones (but there are few Buffalo Bill WRs you could not say that about in recent years ;) ). I think that there is opportunity in Oakland for Zay Jones long term but we shall have to wait and see if it plays out like that.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:55 am

U mm, no. I own ZJ. And he's a deep threat type of WR and he went from Big Arm Allen to David Small Care... This is not an upgrade situation.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:57 am

Seems like its just the Raider fans who see this as really good news through silver and black glasses. But its simply not. Hes just a warm body.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:23 am

Bot101 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:57 am Seems like its just the Raider fans who see this as really good news through silver and black glasses. But its simply not. Hes just a warm body.
If you knew about our team, you'd realize he's better than anything they have beyond Ty Williams. It's a low risk move that could pay off, and if it doesn't, it's a 2021 5th. Gruden is scheming Trevor Davis (who?) to be making splash plays, he should be able to find a way to mix Zay in.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:08 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:55 am U mm, no. I own ZJ. And he's a deep threat type of WR and he went from Big Arm Allen to David Small Care... This is not an upgrade situation.
A big arm is useless if you don't know how to use it.

Carr >>>>> Allen
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:35 am

MrUbuto wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:08 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:55 am U mm, no. I own ZJ. And he's a deep threat type of WR and he went from Big Arm Allen to David Small Care... This is not an upgrade situation.
A big arm is useless if you don't know how to use it.

Carr >>>>> Allen
This.
Carr is the third most accurate deep thrower in the league over the last three years.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:19 am

Bot101 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:57 am Seems like its just the Raider fans who see this as really good news through silver and black glasses. But its simply not. Hes just a warm body.
I'm not a Raiders fan. If anything, I find the team annoying due to the whole Vegas situation.

Perhaps some people just think that a starting situational WR is worth paying a 5th for?

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:33 am

Blueboy wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:19 am
I'm not a Raiders fan. If anything, I find the team annoying due to the whole Vegas situation.

Perhaps some people just think that a starting situational WR is worth paying a 5th for?
I dont think its a bad thing. But its hardly something to get excited over. Kinda like a... "whatever" situation?

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:48 am

watch and see situation for me. he'll probably start on the raiders but mid season trades are hard on players.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:21 am

Bot101 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:33 am
Blueboy wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:19 am

I dont think its a bad thing. But its hardly something to get excited over. Kinda like a... "whatever" situation?
I look at it as - somebody on the team has to catch balls and with Tyrell hurt, there's nobody.