Jaylen Samuels

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Re: Jaylen Samuels

Postby Pet_Smith » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:15 am

So... who do we think is getting the touches this week vs the Pats?

Conner back? Samuels leading the way again? Ridley given the lead role in his "revenge" game?
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:08 pm

JFever wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:10 am
Krypto_King wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:12 pm because Ben was terrible and Josh Dobbs also played in this game. I'd blame that over the RB. Conner has had tons of trash rushing lines but, touchdowns.
Missed my point I'm afraid.
"Why aren't some on this site blaming Samuels for the loss like they were blaming J.Conner for a couple of the earlier Steeler's losses? "

I'm saying if Josh Dobbs played I don't think anyone would have blamed James Conner for a loss. There is no inconsistency

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:08 am

Did you not watch that game? Your point makes it seem as if you didn't see it.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:27 pm

I did not watch 3rd qtr and start of 4th, did Samuels have a bunch of fumbles and INTs that I missed and aren't in the play by play?

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:26 pm

Well all else being equal it looks like Samuels will get another shot at being the lead back this weekend as Conner is almost officially out and not likely to play, so everyone can critique his play for another week with a whole new bunch of plays to either applaud or demean!

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:13 pm

BlackOmega wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:26 pm Well all else being equal it looks like Samuels will get another shot at being the lead back this weekend as Conner is almost officially out and not likely to play, so everyone can critique his play for another week with a whole new bunch of plays to either applaud or demean!
Yayy! Really needed an RB2 this week. Hopefully Dobbs doesn't ruin Samuels value! :lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:19 pm

What is this doing for the Steelers backfield going forward? Is Conner still the Bellcow? What Samuels did in a HUGE game vs the Pats can't be understated. Has he earned a role moving forward?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:24 pm

He seems a little top-heavy to me, but he impressed me with his footwork and elusiveness. Maybe he can get into better shape, but he and the Steelers would definitely know better than me.

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:26 pm

If nothing else the Steelers may err on the side of caution with Conner since Samuels played pretty well today though he did miss a blitz pickup that could have gotten Ben killed if the refs hadn't blown the whistle with Ben in the grasp. They may finish the season in a committee and then either continue with that next year or have a competition

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:29 pm

BlackOmega wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:26 pm If nothing else the Steelers may err on the side of caution with Conner since Samuels played pretty well today though he did miss a blitz pickup that could have gotten Ben killed if the refs hadn't blown the whistle with Ben in the grasp. They may finish the season in a committee and then either continue with that next year or have a competition
With Samuels ability as a receiver, I feel like they will try and use him in some regards, even when Conner gets back.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:42 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:29 pm
BlackOmega wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:26 pm If nothing else the Steelers may err on the side of caution with Conner since Samuels played pretty well today though he did miss a blitz pickup that could have gotten Ben killed if the refs hadn't blown the whistle with Ben in the grasp. They may finish the season in a committee and then either continue with that next year or have a competition
With Samuels ability as a receiver, I feel like they will try and use him in some regards, even when Conner gets back.
Conventionally, I'd have to agree. The Steelers haven't mixed 2 backs in lately though. I think they like running one all day as long as they are playing well.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:30 pm

On most teams Samuels would have some type of role with his size and pass catching but Conner has both as well. If I were them I'd use both as 3 down backs and rotate by series rather than a traditional committee. Conner can carry the load if Samuels doesn't continue to succeed.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:46 pm

I may be overreacting but currently I'm personally terrified to own James Conner in dynasty. The Steelers just plugged in a 5th round rookie TE/RB tweener and got RB1 numbers out of him in a super important divisional game. If I'm not a very strong contender I'm selling Conner this offseason to anybody that believes he's an irreplaceable and elite dynasty RB asset.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:51 pm

Every RB is replaceable in the right situation. However, it doesn't take long to recognize RBs who have skills, traits and talent that differ from the typical. Conner and Samuels are not those guys. They can still produce in Pittsburgh though.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:35 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:51 pm Every RB is replaceable in the right situation. However, it doesn't take long to recognize RBs who have skills, traits and talent that differ from the typical. Conner and Samuels are not those guys. They can still produce in Pittsburgh though.
No arguments with this statement.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th