Jaylen Samuels

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Jaylen Samuels

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:47 pm

He got a lot of touches, which is nice, but Samuels doesn't appear to have made much progress actually learning how to play running-back. No instincts as a ball-carrier. He left a lot of yards on the field. Oakland's front seven is soft like Charmin, shoulda been better. Wish Samuels was taller. Then he might've been a helluva move-TE.
Valhalla wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:19 pmI'm a huge Goedert fan so that knocks Ertz' future in my eyes
I had Goedert as my #1 TE from this year's class, pre NFL draft. Doesn't alter that Ertz is a 28 y/o superstar and far and away his QB's favorite target. Provided Ertz stays healthy, Goedert is no knock on his future. Goedert is only a talented Plan B in the event something unfortunate happens to Ertz.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:23 pm

Samuels definitely looked bad as a RB. Danced a bit too much on certain runs and left a lot of yards out there

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:35 pm

Well...that's a wrong call by me. I love Kittle but DAMN did he overproduce any expectations anyone could have had

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:25 pm

Samuels is a 3rd down back.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:38 pm

Started Reed *and* Jonnu in a TE premium, shallow roster league for playoffs. Double zeroes. Oucherz! See ya next year.

Wonder where Reed plays next year?

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:13 am

Steelers RBs are good for PPR for sure. Big Ben loves throwing and dumping it off to them.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:27 am

turcorox911 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:13 am Steelers RBs are good for PPR for sure. Big Ben loves throwing and dumping it off to them.
Samuels disappeared while Dobbs was in. Figured a backup would rely on the check down more than a starter

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:43 am

Samuels wasnt a full time RB in college. He is really a tweener at the NFL level. I don't ever really see him doing much at RB at the pro level. RB isn't a position you get moved to in the NFL and have any kind of sustained success.

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:53 am

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:43 am Samuels wasnt a full time RB in college. He is really a tweener at the NFL level. I don't ever really see him doing much at RB at the pro level. RB isn't a position you get moved to in the NFL and have any kind of sustained success.
I disagree I think RB is one of the only positions you could get transitioned to from playing another position and have success. All instincts. Having said that he has special pass catching ability for a back so he's worth a stash especially in ppr. If he got transitioned to TE that would be huge
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:07 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:27 am
turcorox911 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:13 am Steelers RBs are good for PPR for sure. Big Ben loves throwing and dumping it off to them.
Samuels disappeared while Dobbs was in. Figured a backup would rely on the check down more than a starter
Ben is great, great at spreading a defense out, looking deep and then checking it down. His movement skills still to this day are underrated.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:43 am

Simply put, they missed Conner in that game vs the Raiders. Samuels left a lot of yards on the field. Why aren't some on this site blaming Samuels for the loss like they were blaming J.Conner for a couple of the earlier Steeler's losses?

Lets be consistent folks. You know who you are.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:59 am

JFever wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:43 am Simply put, they missed Conner in that game vs the Raiders. Samuels left a lot of yards on the field. Why aren't some on this site blaming Samuels for the loss like they were blaming J.Conner for a couple of the earlier Steeler's losses?

Lets be consistent folks. You know who you are.
I didn't watch the game. I heard that it was tough sledding, with very little running lanes to work with, much like what Conner has dealt with at times. I have also heard (like you just said) that he left yards out there. I wish I had the time to watch it so I could have my own concrete opinion on whether he was leaving yards out there or whether the blocking was struggling (as it has been at times for Conner too).

I don't believe I criticized Conner's games earlier this season. I think he's a pretty solid RB. But...he has had some spurts with a very low ypc as well. It's one game with a fairly low carry count...pretty small sample. Maybe Samuels can come on strong just like Conner did (if Conner isn't good to go).

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:36 am

Yep. It was a little of both. But, There were several plays where too much patience was utilized by Samuels. And, a few plays were a little shiftiness would have helped. Samuels isn't a complete JAG and I'm not insinuating that. Pittsburgh's offense as a whole looked a bit more flat than we are used to seeing. (Not Vikings offense flat....) but, still kinda flat. He isn't a natural looking runner with the ball in his hands but, he is a load to bring down and does play hard. I did watch the game, nearly all of it as the Vikes had no game on Sunday, I was able to just chill and enjoy games I had some interest in. The Raiders did play tough, so, I'll give them some credit. But, I will say that in my opinion, if they had Conner in there, Pittsburgh would have won that game.

My little comment wasn't directed toward you Vall. I don't believe you've criticized Conner in that fashion. I just remember reading something from someone that made little sense to me at the time. It was earlier in the year after J.Conner had a few big games and we found out that L.Bell likely wasn't reporting and - Steelers lost a game, Big Ben had multiple picks, and their defense performed like a Sieve, and the forum member essentially put the blame on J.Conner. * which to me, is obviously just lazy, and likely biased analysis. Games are typically not decided by just one player, particularly a rb. But, if that same poster is on top of things and consistent, I'd expect to see the same comment here on this thread, but, I haven't, so - the bias part must be part of the motivation to blame Conner.

Samuels is more valuable to his NFL team than he has value in fantasy imo. He will provide nice depth and a sense of toughness.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:12 pm

because Ben was terrible and Josh Dobbs also played in this game. I'd blame that over the RB. Conner has had tons of trash rushing lines but, touchdowns.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:10 am

Krypto_King wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:12 pm because Ben was terrible and Josh Dobbs also played in this game. I'd blame that over the RB. Conner has had tons of trash rushing lines but, touchdowns.
Missed my point I'm afraid.