Kareem Hunt Live Interview

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Kareem Hunt Live Interview

Postby steelman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:14 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:47 pm
steelman wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:43 pm Where I live that video would have resulted in automatic criminal charges against Hunt. There wouldn't have been any officer discretion permitted.
I've seen more actual damage done in a playground fight between 10-year-olds.
Agreed, but is that really the point? The law is pretty clear when it comes to assault

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:29 pm

steelman wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:14 pm
steelman wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:43 pm Where I live that video would have resulted in automatic criminal charges against Hunt. There wouldn't have been any officer discretion permitted.
Agreed, but is that really the point? The law is pretty clear when it comes to assault
The law has nothing to do with it here. If we were just worried about what is technically assault we’d need lifetime bans for Hal the nfl players because that many have probably shoved someone during an argument.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:49 pm

Vcize wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:29 pm
steelman wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:14 pm

The law has nothing to do with it here. If we were just worried about what is technically assault we’d need lifetime bans for Hal the nfl players because that many have probably shoved someone during an argument.
Oh I agree, but the post of mine you quoted was only about criminal charges being laid in a case like this. As I said, if he wasn't an NFL player I believe he would have been charged and convicted

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:59 pm

Keep it consistent. Both Hunt and the woman should be charged with assault. Though the video does not seem long enough to truly know who physically threw the first "punch". Cant hit somebody just because they call you a racial slur and cant attack someone if they kick you out of the room. Even if it does not align with your morals.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:26 pm

If you randomly try and shoot someone and miss, but still get caught you will be charged with attempted murder despite no damage being done.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:22 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:35 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:41 pm I never understand when people do the whole “In my job I would be immediately fired if I did that” argument.

Seriously? What kind of job do you have? Unless you yourself are a pro athlete, or in politics, or have some celebrity status, I highly doubt most of you who argue that actually would lose your job or sustain any punishment from your employer.

In most cases, why would your employer even find out?

One exception would be in the case of DUIs, if you have a job that requires a CDL or something. But in most cases, an employer has little to no knowledge of your off-work vices/activities, nor would they get involved if they were made aware of them.
Current job your probably correct ... but good luck getting a new job & passing a background check with a felony or serious misdemeanor on your record.
Serious misdemeanor? Now that's funny.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:00 am

Bot101 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:21 am
embe5291 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:48 am Yeah that was a bust of an interview. When you request the interview and she asks you why, why would you not have a well thought out prepared statement? He didn't look great, the video is awful, he is a POS human being it sounds like, however I'm still disappointed my Chiefs cut him. Call me a terrible person.
You're a terrible person.
:lol:

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:39 pm

embe5291 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:48 am Yeah that was a bust of an interview. When you request the interview and she asks you why, why would you not have a well thought out prepared statement? He didn't look great, the video is awful, he is a POS human being it sounds like, however I'm still disappointed my Chiefs cut him. Call me a terrible person.
So he didnt rehearse a statement prepared by his team of reps and thats bad? As a person who has been on the wrong side of the law and made a ton of mistakes everyone deserves a second chance and should be allowed to change themselves. I don't see where its any of our places to judge him. He made a mistake and i do not condone his actions at all but to toss a 23 year old away without looking back i think is ridiculous. Suspend him and then allow him to make it right and improve himself.

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:45 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:41 pm I never understand when people do the whole “In my job I would be immediately fired if I did that” argument.

Seriously? What kind of job do you have? Unless you yourself are a pro athlete, or in politics, or have some celebrity status, I highly doubt most of you who argue that actually would lose your job or sustain any punishment from your employer.

One exception would be in the case of DUIs, if you have a job that requires a CDL or something. But in most cases, an employer has little to no knowledge of your off-work vices/activities, nor would they get involved if they were made aware of them.
Current job your probably correct ... but good luck getting a new job & passing a background check with a felony or serious misdemeanor on your record.
When i was his age i collected a nice long list of criminal history and sinve then have cleaned up my life. Young people make mistakes.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:41 am

darewood11 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:45 pm

When i was his age i collected a nice long list of criminal history and sinve then have cleaned up my life. Young people make mistakes.
You don't get a second chance for certain things. For example, if you're a sex offender, that follows you around your entire life and one "mistake" in that way greatly restricts your opportunities going forward.

And something I have been troubled by in this and other threads is the use of the word mistake. Hunt's actions were not a mistake, he made a choice. A mistake only happens when someone is trying to do something but fails, a fumble is a mistake, dropping a glass is a mistake, arriving at the wrong answer when trying to solve a math problem is a mistake - attacking another person is a decision, not a mistake. He made a choice and choices have consequences. It may have been impulsive and emotional, but it was a choice nonetheless and with everything that has happened over the past few years I have no problem with him never being able to play another down in the nfl due to that choice. I like your story and I hope Hunt also cleans up his life, but perhaps it has to be outside of the NFL. He doesn't have to be a professional football player to have a meaningful life and turn things around.
Last edited by thebeast on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:59 am

thebeast wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:41 amAnd something I have been troubled by in this and other threads is the use of the word mistake. Hunt's actions were not a mistake he made they were a choice. A mistake only happens when someone is trying to do something but fails, for example, a fumble is a mistake, dropping a glass is a mistake, arriving at the wrong answer when trying to solve a math problem is a mistake. What happened here was a choice that Hunt made. It may have been impulsive and emotional, but it was a choice nonetheless and with everything that has happened over the past few years I have no problem with him never being able to play another down in the nfl due to that choice. I like your story and I hope Hunt also cleans up his life, but perhaps it has to be outside of the NFL. He doesn't have to be a professional football player to have a meaningful life and turn things around.
When explaining a mistake, you had me until the underlined. The first two examples are failures in physical activity, but the third is a failure in thought process and comprehension. Similarly, you could say Hunt's actions were based on a failure of thought process, driven by emotion and having physical outputs. He can still look back and realize the error in his thought process (like answering a math problem) yielded results he now recognizes are undesirable and the process was flawed, or a mistake.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:32 am

I will first admit that I do own Hunt in 1 league, but do not in any way condone what he did. It was very wrong. I have read many but have not read every post on this site about this incident. In regards to him being banned from NFL I disagree with that. I think he should get at least half a season to a full season. After that if he has taken courses(anger management, domestic abuse, etc.) and the league feels he has changed for the better than he should be given another chance.
I don't think he should get a lifetime ban. He went through college and worked to become a professional football player. If a person who went to school to become a dentist did the same thing would he or should he lose his dentist license amd never be allowed to be a dentist again? Same for other professions. Yes that person might get fired from that dentist office but I highly doubt they would lose their license and right to ever be a dentist for the rest of their life. I know a lot of times people view playing sports as a privaledge, but there was a lot of time, effort, hard work, and sacrifices that went into to reaching that level.
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:36 am

Another vid unearthed by TMZ showing hunt being held back after a bar fight

He seems to have a serious problem of looking for a fight/getting violent after drinking

He also has A+ friends who do their best to save him in these situations, but can't save a guy from himself
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:50 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:59 am
thebeast wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:41 amAnd something I have been troubled by in this and other threads is the use of the word mistake. Hunt's actions were not a mistake he made they were a choice. A mistake only happens when someone is trying to do something but fails, for example, a fumble is a mistake, dropping a glass is a mistake, arriving at the wrong answer when trying to solve a math problem is a mistake. What happened here was a choice that Hunt made. It may have been impulsive and emotional, but it was a choice nonetheless and with everything that has happened over the past few years I have no problem with him never being able to play another down in the nfl due to that choice. I like your story and I hope Hunt also cleans up his life, but perhaps it has to be outside of the NFL. He doesn't have to be a professional football player to have a meaningful life and turn things around.
When explaining a mistake, you had me until the underlined. The first two examples are failures in physical activity, but the third is a failure in thought process and comprehension. Similarly, you could say Hunt's actions were based on a failure of thought process, driven by emotion and having physical outputs. He can still look back and realize the error in his thought process (like answering a math problem) yielded results he now recognizes are undesirable and the process was flawed, or a mistake.
The process behind a rounding error and hitting a woman or any person for that matter do not equate.

izekial
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby izekial » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:58 am

i dont really care if the people i watch smash into each other and literally risk broken bones on a routine basis are "good people." I also dont think the NFL, or any sports league, needs to be the morality police.

Hunt's actions clearly show an out of control man going after a young woman. his friends mostly succeeded in restraining him, thankfully.

charges likely should have been pressed. for whatever reason they werent. thats the real issue this video should be confronting and bringing to bare, not something so trivial as to whether the dude should be able to play football again. but the NFL generates more hits than attacking the police department, so TMZ angled it to question the NFL. everything else is just the NFL covering their rear and waiting two weeks for this to blow over, like every other similar case
12 team, standard scoring. 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 wr/te flex

QB-stafford, Luck
RB- K Hunt, A. Kamara, S Michel
WR- Beckham, A THielen, Julio Jones, S Watkins, C Davis, G Tate, C Coleman, Mike Williams, Cooper Kupp, Trey Quinn, C sutton
TE- Njoku, Gesicki, Goedart