Kareem Hunt Video

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Re: Kareem Hunt Video

Postby PR0v3 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:26 am

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:03 am
AussieMate wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:28 am
PR0v3 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:31 am

If your QB is dumb enough to put himself in that situation you cut him. People that dumb are not capable of being QBs at an NFL caliber level. Mahomes is smart enough to play QB so he is automatically smart enough to not do what Hunt did.

Asking what if it was Mahomes is like asking what does the color red sound like? Does not compute. You can’t even imagine what would happen because the question makes no logical sense.

And before you bring up Jameis I think he is proving that he is not long to be an NFL starter.
Michael Vick? To say starting QBs are too smart to do these things is in itself a stupid statement.
Roethlisberger comes to mind as well. Just because he got away with it doesn't mean his decisions were any smarter.
On a more serious note, if Mahomes did something like this nothing would happen to him outside of what was mandated by the NFL commissioners office (which carries out orders based on the directive of ownership i.e. owners would come to a consensus on how to handle the situation), let’s be real.

If the fans don’t hit the owners where it hurts on issues like this ($$$$), talented criminals/scumbags will always find their way back on the field. The national anthem issue, which I know was completely not criminally related, and the related NFL approval rating drop demonstrates that players won’t be kept off the field unless their participation negatively impacts pocket books.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:46 am

Getting waived is stunning. The lie Hunt told the team must have been a whopper (maybe "I didn't fight her at all"?).

Needless to say, this is a severe blow to Hunt's dynasty value. Everything was in place for him with the Chiefs to be an impact player for a long time in fantasy/dynasty. No doubt Hunt will eventually land somewhere when he's permitted to play again, but will the next fit be as good as the one with the Chiefs? Possible, but I doubt it.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:26 am

The more I think about it the more I think this would be a great time to buy. He didn’t do any damage to the girl, at worst it was assault resulting in no injury. There are far worse criminals than that in the NFL. The police had access to the tape and still didn’t charge him, so they seem to be over the issue. I feel pretty confident he will be back next year, and that this probably isn’t career ending.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:18 am

PR0v3 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:26 am The more I think about it the more I think this would be a great time to buy. He didn’t do any damage to the girl, at worst it was assault resulting in no injury. There are far worse criminals than that in the NFL. The police had access to the tape and still didn’t charge him, so they seem to be over the issue. I feel pretty confident he will be back next year, and that this probably isn’t career ending.
Yes more than half of this forum wanted Josh Gordon's head for smoking weed!!!

who would of thunk that at this time in the season Josh Gordon would be thriving and Hunt would be unemployed!!! 😂😂😂
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:56 am

PR0v3 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:26 am The more I think about it the more I think this would be a great time to buy. He didn’t do any damage to the girl, at worst it was assault resulting in no injury. There are far worse criminals than that in the NFL. The police had access to the tape and still didn’t charge him, so they seem to be over the issue. I feel pretty confident he will be back next year, and that this probably isn’t career ending.
The problem for an NFL team bringing him in is (and they will):

1. He lied about what happened to the Chiefs brass. He likely told them he didn't do anything to this woman.
2. You are now bringing in a player where there is VIDEO PROOF of his actions while he's been in the NFL.

It's possibly the worst PR move you could make. Think about it. NFL teams cut players for being late to practice, DUI's, altercations with teammates, and drugs. But, you're going to give privilege to a player who has this on his file now. It's just bewildering.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:58 am

Titans95 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:43 pm This is sensationalized video....TMZ titles it "brutalized woman" is absurd. Hunt shoved a MAN who in turned knocked over the girl. The "kick" was more of a shove. Not defending ever putting hands on a woman but saying she was brutalized or putting this in the same category of ray rice or Joe Mixon is ridiculous. It's not like this woman was cowering in fear, she kept getting in hunt's face and almost looks like she was egging him on.
BEST POST IN THE ENTIRE THREAD !

TMZ should change its name to POS that is what they really are - if you spend more than 2 minutes a year there you should likely go to the highest building in your town .......scale the stairs to the roof and the JUMP !

This is so nothing the snowflakes will piss their pants in a tizzy but like I mentioned in the mixon DV thread the fact he hit a woman should have zero bearing on the outcome .
If you as a gender claim to be equal ... equal pay equal rights equal opportunity then when wronged that punishment for assaulting a member of that group should be equal if he hit a man or a dog .
Just F*&^*&^%^ once I would like to see the sackless NFL or a team owner stand up and say enough of this BS - she struck him as well and perhaps as reported uttered a racial slur which will get you punched in the face or worse in damned near every town in America.
I have always mostly hated the cowboys and the patriots but the stand they took against the idiots in the NFL offices made me admire them ; suffice it to say that I will now be hoping the chiefs lose often and badly for their sackless reactionary capitulation to fake media pressure . Clark Hunt should have suspended him for a month looked at the camera with a straight face & said

" KAREEM lied to us & we deplore the action however the "victim" was underage drinking, struck someone twice her size and uttered racial slurs(assuming that is true)"
All the wussies saying he should be banned for life or deserves to never work again need to be told to STFU! honestly the same people that cry for kaepernick being wronged after wearing pig socks on the field turn around in the next breath and want to crucify this idiot for acting like a drunk 23 year old. I can hear the outrage but CC what if this were your daughter .... well I taught my daughter not to attack bigger people unless they were prepared to perhaps get their bleep kicked ,I also taught my daughters it is a really bad idea to stay somewhere , anywhere where you have been told you are not wanted especially if people are drinking or doing drugs . So there is that !
I do own one share and I will be buying not selling - what vick peterson mixon tyreek hill and 100 other NFL players have done is worse . Someone need to draw the line on reactionary stupidity be that person in your league and benefit from a scaredy cat snowflake mentality that is pervasive in twitter generation !
Thank me later !
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:06 am

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:46 am Getting waived is stunning. The lie Hunt told the team must have been a whopper (maybe "I didn't fight her at all"?).

Needless to say, this is a severe blow to Hunt's dynasty value. Everything was in place for him with the Chiefs to be an impact player for a long time in fantasy/dynasty. No doubt Hunt will eventually land somewhere when he's permitted to play again, but will the next fit be as good as the one with the Chiefs? Possible, but I doubt it.
It was reported that he said he was asleep when it all occurred....
Team 1: 10th Year: 10 Team, PPR
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion, 2017: 7th, 2018: 3rd, 2019: 5th, 2020: League Champion, 2021: 4th, 2022: 5th

QB: Aaron Rodgers Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy
RB: Tony Pollard, Cam Akers, Ezekiel Elliott, Javonte Williams, Kyren Williams, Chuba Hubbard
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen Lazard , Michael Gallup, Donavan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Boyd, Romeo Doubs, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, VDS
TE: Dalton Shultz, Mike Gesicki

2019 picks: 1.1, 2.3, 3.5
2024 picks:
Round 1: (1)
Round 2: (1)
Round 3: (1)

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:07 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:58 am
Titans95 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:43 pm This is sensationalized video....TMZ titles it "brutalized woman" is absurd. Hunt shoved a MAN who in turned knocked over the girl. The "kick" was more of a shove. Not defending ever putting hands on a woman but saying she was brutalized or putting this in the same category of ray rice or Joe Mixon is ridiculous. It's not like this woman was cowering in fear, she kept getting in hunt's face and almost looks like she was egging him on.

TMZ should change its name to POS that is what they really are - if you spend more than 2 minutes a year there you should likely go to the highest building in your town .......scale the stairs to the roof and the JUMP !

This is so nothing the snowflakes will piss their pants in a tizzy but like I mentioned in the mixon DV thread the fact he hit a woman should have zero bearing on the outcome .
If you as a gender claim to be equal ... equal pay equal rights equal opportunity then when wronged that punishment for assaulting a member of that group should be equal if he hit a man or a dog .
Just F*&^*&^%^ once I would like to see the sackless NFL or a team owner stand up and say enough of this BS - she struck him as well and perhaps as reported uttered a racial slur which will get you punched in the face or worse in damned near every town in America.
I have always mostly hated the cowboys and the patriots but the stand they took against the idiots in the NFL offices made me admire them ; suffice it to say that I will now be hoping the chiefs lose often and badly for their sackless reactionary capitulation to fake media pressure . Clark Hunt should have suspended him for a month looked at the camera with a straight face & said

" KAREEM lied to us & we deplore the action however the "victim" was underage drinking, struck someone twice her size and uttered racial slurs(assuming that is true)"
All the wussies saying he should be banned for life or deserves to never work again need to be told to STFU! honestly the same people that cry for kaepernick being wronged after wearing pig socks on the field turn around in the next breath and want to crucify this idiot for acting like a drunk 23 year old. I can hear the outrage but CC what if this were your daughter .... well I taught my daughter not to attack bigger people unless they were prepared to perhaps get their bleep kicked ,I also taught my daughters it is a really bad idea to stay somewhere , anywhere where you have been told you are not wanted especially if people are drinking or doing drugs . So there is that !
I do own one share and I will be buying not selling - what vick peterson mixon tyreek hill and 100 other NFL players have done is worse . Someone need to draw the line on reactionary stupidity be that person in your league and benefit from a scaredy cat snowflake mentality that is pervasive in twitter generation !
Thank me later !
You have issues that can not be worked out in an online forum... good luck
Team 1: 10th Year: 10 Team, PPR
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion, 2017: 7th, 2018: 3rd, 2019: 5th, 2020: League Champion, 2021: 4th, 2022: 5th

QB: Aaron Rodgers Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy
RB: Tony Pollard, Cam Akers, Ezekiel Elliott, Javonte Williams, Kyren Williams, Chuba Hubbard
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen Lazard , Michael Gallup, Donavan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Boyd, Romeo Doubs, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, VDS
TE: Dalton Shultz, Mike Gesicki

2019 picks: 1.1, 2.3, 3.5
2024 picks:
Round 1: (1)
Round 2: (1)
Round 3: (1)

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:09 am

Thank me later !
Oh boy.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:12 am

I think there’s a very real chance nobody picks up Hunt. RBs are disposable in today’s NFL. My main issue with this is that it seems pretty likely that a lot of guys end up being prone to violence due to head trauma suffered playing football and the NFL invariably writes these guys off as bad individuals. Look at guys like Seau and even Ray Rice. They were considered model citizens and then suddenly just go off. Maybe they just covered up being terrible people for years, but maybe the head trauma of being an RB/LB played a hand in what they became.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Metriculous
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Metriculous » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:14 am

Listening to Kareem Hunt owners rationalize (and defend...) the actions in that video are puke worthy.

You lost your superstar. Get over it. You could have sold at a discount the minute the news hit. Get over it. You could have sold at a steeper discount after seeing the video on every major news network. Get over it.

You didn't do any of those things because of "sunk cost" mindset and now you own a thug that will sit on your bench for years to come because you still can't accept the loss. Get over it.
Eleventeen Time Champion of a Sad Little League
Jealous much? Of course you are.

(Insert Clever Team Name That May Contain Sexual Innuendo)
A bunch of league settings you won't read anyways....numbers and such

QB - A guy with only one or two good years left in the tank
RB1 - A guy who stands charged with several minor crimes (Guilty until proven, right?)
RB2 - Young guy that is only good because of his offensive line and workload
WR1 - A guy whose metrics make up for his stone hands
WR2 - A dude who is probably too short to catch the ball
TE - This guy played basketball, right?
DEF & K - I guess we are still doing this .. :wall: ...

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:16 am

Thank me later !
Attachments
downloadfile.gif
downloadfile.gif (238.94 KiB) Viewed 359 times
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:25 am

People defending Kareem are lying to themselves. Dude charged a chick because she wouldn’t sleep with his friend... talk about childish...

People saying it isn’t as bad as Mixon?! Are you kidding... Mixon got spit on his face and was called a n****r multiple times and he retaliated the only way he knew how and that’s worse than hunt?! I’ll give it on par not worse... he punched once not tried to attack the girl multiple times and was held back by his friends. Get this aw poor baby Kareem hunt owner crap out of here. The POS doesn’t deserve any defense.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:11 am

K0wned wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:59 pm What if it was Mahomes?
The name changes. That's about it (or should be)

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:20 am

AussieMate wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:20 pm Just out of curiosity, do people think KC would have dumped Hunt if they didn't have Ware who is basically 90% of Hunts ability, as a ready replacement.
They probably would, but just a thought.
1,368/1,782 = 76.7% to be exact. Not 90...that doesn't take into account the lack of TD's Ware had