Late 2nd
2%

Total votes: 189

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Kerryon Johnson Value

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:12 pm

I always value my picks pretty low compared to proven talent. Was borderline a top 5 pick last year and is playing great why would I trade him for a single pick even if its the 1.1. I didn't vote because itd have to be higher
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:15 pm

Obviously his current dynasty value has dodged a bullet with the recent injury turning out to only be a sprain (I was more than half sure the injury was much worse).

He's a straight blue-chip. Very young and already very good.

Poll's best option is an early 1st? He was already an early-mid 1st from this class by the second week of August. Since then, he's only verified his talent and NFL potential. So he's worth more than an early 1st now. Not only is he the future in Detroit, he has already become the present, and when he gets back from the sprain, that will resume. I'm a little worried Detroit might try to rush him back prematurely in a probably futile attempt to make the playoffs, though. Hopefully Patricia is smarter than that.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:03 pm

Talent-wise I think he has certainly been impressive; however, there is something about him being on the Lions that give me reservations ... it similar to Mixon IMO. I’d give a #1, but probably not a top 5. He’s a 1.06-1.10 for me.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:56 pm

I think ~1.02 is where I'd put him. He's still very young, only 21. The fact he's doing so well so quickly is nothing to scoff at.
I'm not sure he can be a full time bell cow elite top 5 guys. I think he settles in as a consistent low-end RB1, high end RB2.
I hope it's more, just how I see him though.

AlPal&Ange
All Pro
All Pro

Postby AlPal&Ange » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:00 pm

Kerryon was my 1.02 last year... albeit a very large tier drop behind Barkley. That being said, I wouldn't trade him for anything besides the 1.01 AT THIS POINT this year, maybe wouldn't even later...

To put my valuation into place for a more tangible asset, I wouldn't trade him for Brandin Cooks or Jarvis, but would trade him for Diggs or JuJu

JSylvester87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JSylvester87 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:23 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:03 pm Talent-wise I think he has certainly been impressive; however, there is something about him being on the Lions that give me reservations ... it similar to Mixon IMO. I’d give a #1, but probably not a top 5. He’s a 1.06-1.10 for me.
Considering he was a top 5 talent last year for most in a way stronger class you obviously think very low of him. Especially after he has proved his talent.
War Eagle - 16 Team, going into year 9

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 TE/WR, 1K, 1D
QB: Patrick Mahomes, Dwayne Haskins, Mason Rudolph
RB: Le’Veon Bell, Dalvin Cook, Kerryon Johnson, Tony Pollard, Malcolm Brown
WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster, Odell Beckham, Michael Gallup, Sammy Watkins, Antonio Callaway
TE: Mark Andrews, Eric Ebron, Tyler Higbee
K: Will Lutz
D: Bears D
Champion 2012, 2013 , 2014 runner up, 2019 runner up.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:27 am

AlPal&Ange wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:00 pm Kerryon was my 1.02 last year... albeit a very large tier drop behind Barkley. That being said, I wouldn't trade him for anything besides the 1.01 AT THIS POINT this year, maybe wouldn't even later...

To put my valuation into place for a more tangible asset, I wouldn't trade him for Brandin Cooks or Jarvis, but would trade him for Diggs or JuJu
Blasphemy. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:42 am

JSylvester87 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:23 pm
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:03 pm Talent-wise I think he has certainly been impressive; however, there is something about him being on the Lions that give me reservations ... it similar to Mixon IMO. I’d give a #1, but probably not a top 5. He’s a 1.06-1.10 for me.
Considering he was a top 5 talent last year for most in a way stronger class you obviously think very low of him. Especially after he has proved his talent.
I don't recall him being top 5 for "most", I thought he was in the 5-9 tier in most drafts I saw, some even later.
I like how kerryon plays and would need a top 2 pick in this draft to trade him away.

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:57 am

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:15 pm Poll's best option is an early 1st?
Yes, I felt the voting system was fair to all leagues. There is tons of 16+ team leagues now that might value an early 1st in the 1.01 - 1.06 range vs. a 10 or 12 team league with a valuation in the 1.01 to 1.03 range. This gives a better evaluation across all leagues that have value ranges differently. Also the comments work wonderfully with people giving the exact pick they would be willing to give up.

Also thanks for all the responses. He is a terrific player in my view and look forward to seeing his future.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:11 am

For me I'd need a high first+ to move him. From what I recall he was in the 5-9 range for most of the offseason. It wasn't until mi-late Aug that he started moving up the draft boards. I was able to grab him at 1.08 & 2.03 in my 2 dynasty leagues. He's passed the eye test at this point and now it's just a waiting game until next year that owners won't have to worry about Blount getting GL carries.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:52 am

Unless one of the RBs this yr goes to an absolutely amazing situation, KJ would be the best RB in the 2019 draft...NTM he'd still be younger than most draft eligible RBs.

With KJ he was always seen as a "gotta wait one yr" type (until Blount leaves, and Patricia figures his stuff out). Now that the yr has almost passed, he's not worth less, he's worth more.

KJ is 21, has proven to be a stud on the field, and that was not really seeing much work until recently. Next yr when he gets the work...watch out.

In a meh-ish draft class without a Barkley, Zeke, or Fournette type, he's worth the 1.01 in this draft class for sure. He's what you're hoping to get with those early picks. A young stud three down RB in a decent offense.

If you're trading him for anything less than 1.01, I'd want a cherry on top.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:07 am

Yeah no way I would take any single pick in this coming draft for him. He has decent pedigree, Detroit traded up to get him, he took over the majority share of the backfield much quicker than people thought he would, he catches passes, he passes the eye test, he's producing high RB2 fantasy points already, he's incredibly young, and his value is going to go up even further this offseason when Blount likely leaves.

Why would you be willing to trade that away for any single fantasy pick that wasn't a Barkley type prospect?
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:07 am

CK_ wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:57 am
Yes, I felt the voting system was fair to all leagues. There is tons of 16+ team leagues now that might value an early 1st in the 1.01 - 1.06 range vs. a 10 or 12 team league with a valuation in the 1.01 to 1.03 range. This gives a better evaluation across all leagues that have value ranges differently. Also the comments work wonderfully with people giving the exact pick they would be willing to give up.

Also thanks for all the responses. He is a terrific player in my view and look forward to seeing his future.
I think his point was that there should be an option for "more than an early 1st".
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:10 pm

Vcize wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:07 am
CK_ wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:57 am

I think his point was that there should be an option for "more than an early 1st".
Ah makes sense!! Good to know for the in the future!
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:43 am

Voted for an early first because I couldn't go higher
mid-high first pick last year with draft pedigree who has proven his talent in the NFL with a situation that "should" improve with him getting some GL work. Don't really see anyone I'd take over him barring an amazing landing spot