Derek Carr Thread: King of the Underrated QBs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Derek Carr

Postby Phaded » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:33 pm

dm1129 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:15 am One of the primary excuses Gruden gave for not signing Mack was they could not pay both a QB and Mack. If Carr is moved this offseason, it tells me Gruden has absolutely no plan and is simply lying about everything. Not signing Mack could be justified if Gruden came into the situation with the intent to completely tear the team apart and start over. However his signing of veterans early on seem to indicate he was trying to 'win now'. What a mess.
Not to mention trading picks for Martavis Bryant & AJ McCarron.

I genuinely believe that Gruden believed he would contend and quickly realized he could not.

I feel like Gruden is going to get impatient with Carr too and want a QB of his choosing.

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:47 pm

While Carr is regressing, I do feel that not all of the QB issues at Oakland are on Carr. When watching the Oak-SF game the other night, it was like there wasn't an offensive line in front of him. I forget how many times Car was sacked, but add on another one for an uncalled intentional grounding.

When Gruden was first hired by Oakland, he said that he looked forward to working with Carr and that Carr was the kind of QB that he likes; but it really seems that Gruden is wanting to tear down and completely rebuild the Raiders from the ground up of HIS players.

I heard a while back that Gruden's job assignment is to have a winning team in place by 2020 when the Raiders move to their new stadium in Las Vegas. It is actually unknown where the Raiders will play in 2019. Oakland? Los Angeles? UNLV stadium in Vegas? All three of these sites have been mentioned as possible home sites for the 2019 Raiders.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:53 pm

What Gruden has said or says means absolutely nothing in case you have not noticed.

Flschbrger
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flschbrger » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:15 am

Thought I would revive this thread. Derek hasn't thrown a pick since week 5 with back to back very impressive games against KC and Pitt

With the garbage around him on offense I think credit is due
10 team, 2 qb, 4WR, 2 RB, FLEX, .5 ppr, 5 pt passing td, 6 pts rush/rec tds (5 qb roster max)

QB - Russell Wilson, David Carr Josh Rosen
WR - Brandin Cooks, Tyreek Hill, Amari Cooper, Tyler Lockett, Marvin Jones, Calvin Ridley, Marquez Valdes-Scantling Robby Anderson, Josh Reynolds, Jamison Crowder, Mecole Hardman, Deon Cain
RB - David Johnson, James Conner, Duke Johnson, Wayne Gallman, Nyheim Hines, Bryce Love, Justice Hill, Ryquell Armstead,
TE - Gerald Everett
FLEX - Chris Carson

xxironskullxx
Rookie
Rookie

Postby xxironskullxx » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:28 am

Phaded wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:53 pm What Gruden has said or says means absolutely nothing in case you have not noticed.
X2 I still cant believe how quickly they went from 12-4 and ascending to this mess. Mark Davis shouldn't of brushed aside Reggie McKenzie so quickly IMO
10 Team (15 Keepers) - 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE - Standard Scoring Full Point PPR

QB - A. Rodgers, D. Prescott, L.Jackson, J. Winston, J. Allen
RB - E. Elliott, J. Mixon, N. Chubb, L. McCoy, J. Samuels, L. Murray, J. Adams, K. Ball age
WR - A. Cooper, A. Jeffery, C. Davis, T. Boyd, G. Tate, J. Reynolds, C. Kirk, Mar. Jones
TE - E. Engram, O.J Howard, I. Thomas, M. Lacosse, C. Uzomah

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:27 am

While I think anything can happen - I would be more comfortable if I had to bet on Carr staying with Oakland than him getting shown the door - unless another "massive haul" trade is possible. IE He could get traded for the right price - but I do not expect Oakland drafting a 2019 QB in the 1st.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:37 am

Phaded wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:31 am So..

With the Raiders tearing it down and probably looking to start from scratch with a roster of zero players going into next year at this rate.. will Derek Carr be an Oakland Raider in 2019?

According to Sportrac - at the end of the 2018 season there is a potential out. I cannot see him being outright cut but I imagine someone would be willing to trade for him.

Derek Carr while he has not been fantastic - has been criticized a lot. Some fairly and some unfairly. There has been a lot about not taking enough shots down the field - but Jon Gruden has always preferred a more horizontal passing game to a vertical game. This is part of the reason that Al Davis ended up getting rid of him as we all know that Al Davis loved speed, big plays and a vertical game.

So.. with all of this said..
Do you think Derek Carr is going to be an Oakland Raider when the 2019 season starts?
If not, where can he go?
Will a change of scenery do him good?

Also just a fun fact: the Raiders next 2 highest paid players, Jackson & Osemele can also be removed for 2019 with no cap hit.
Given that it's becoming apparent that he almost single handedly destroyed the career of Amari Cooper I would say no. Unless Gruden is satisfied with a QB who is only capable of throwing to Jalen Richard and Jared Cook. Or maybe I'm just bitter that I traded Cooper before the trading deadline because Cooper 'is only a WR2 at best'.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:17 pm

The buy low window is almost closed. I've been offering Mariota + for Carr and no response. Doesn't help he's a borderline dead beat owner.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:21 pm

Obviously he’s had a rough start to this season, and the ???’s are aplenty with regards to Cooper, but he was viewed as a franchise QB before his broken leg. Will be interesting to see (over time) who the real Carr is.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:30 pm

He has definitely shown promise but I still do not trust Gruden.

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:25 am

He's been playing well recently, but I'm still not that high on him. Liked him before he went down in 2016 and hasn't been the same since.

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:47 am

Would love to see Raiders stay the course with Carr, and draft defense with those 1st round picks next year. Maybe add an RB and WR in rounds 2-3. Getting rid of Carr would REALLY set them back even more so than they currently are
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:01 pm

I'm in the camp who believes Carr is more likely gone than not. Just makes too much sense on too many levels. Carr's plain sucked the last few years (Amari's swift and sharp resurgence in Dallas of all places implies that). He's expensive & as many years as the rebuild will likely take, a rookie QB contract is much, much more desirable. You gotta believe Carr will have a market this offseason. Sure everyone wants the cheaper rookie QB contract, but the contract would not be a deal breaker for win now teams like Jax, Giants, maybe even Dolphins. If they believe Carr could be resurrected. And really it boils down to I don't believe a word Gruden says about Carr - "if Carr fails then I failed." Sure dude. You've already failed then. Even if he meant it, it's going to be too tempting to move him if he gets any interest in the offseason. Nobody would blame him then.

BTW - In my superflex league, I just picked up AJ McCaron betting he's likely the bridge QB to whomever they draft. He's free & could be playable next year.

Flschbrger
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flschbrger » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:05 pm

As owners we should want him gone. Any situation is better than his current one.
10 team, 2 qb, 4WR, 2 RB, FLEX, .5 ppr, 5 pt passing td, 6 pts rush/rec tds (5 qb roster max)

QB - Russell Wilson, David Carr Josh Rosen
WR - Brandin Cooks, Tyreek Hill, Amari Cooper, Tyler Lockett, Marvin Jones, Calvin Ridley, Marquez Valdes-Scantling Robby Anderson, Josh Reynolds, Jamison Crowder, Mecole Hardman, Deon Cain
RB - David Johnson, James Conner, Duke Johnson, Wayne Gallman, Nyheim Hines, Bryce Love, Justice Hill, Ryquell Armstead,
TE - Gerald Everett
FLEX - Chris Carson

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:08 pm

Carr is what Carr has always been. On paper, he’s a solid fit for Gruden’s offense and he’s shown some of that the last few games. He seems to have more confidence in the line at this point, which was a major issue early in the season. Gruden has been garbage in the draft for the most part, so I think he’d be a fool to try and draft his next QB, but Gruden may very well be a fool.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker