Loaning/renting players... do any of you allow it?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Trevormortis
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Loaning/renting players... do any of you allow it?

Postby Trevormortis » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:44 pm

It may not be collusion, but it's a cheap move and shouldn't be allowed.
Team 1. 12 team. 1 PPR. 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX 2017 2nd, 2018 2nd, 2019 1st, 2020 1st, 2021 2nd, 2022 1st
QB - Watson, G. Smith
RB - Henry, Ekeler, Kamara, D. Pierce, AJ Dillon, J. McLaughlin, Gainwell
WR - J. Jefferson, Diggs, AJ Brown, T. Higgins, M. Thomas, Cooks, Bateman, R. Moore, C. Tillman, J. Hyatt, D. Parker
TE - Kelce, J. Ferguson
2024 - 1,2,3,4,5
2025 - 1,2,3,4,5

Team 2. 12 team. .5 PPR. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX 2019 1st, 2020 1st, 2021 2nd, 2023 Full rebuild mode
QB - Tua
RB - T. Spears, Z. Charbonnet, C. Hubbard, R. Rivers, D. Vaughn, J. Kelly, Chubb (IR)
WR - London, J. Downs, R. Rice, Burks, J. Jeudy, A. Pierce, C. Tillman, R. Bell, D. Parker, D. Slayton, Cooks
TE - J. Ferguson
2024 - 1,1,1,2,2,2
2025 - 1,1,2,2,5

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:47 pm

If done in the open it's not really collusion but it's not really in the spirit of fair play and opens up all kind of potential problems for the league. I never allow it in any of my leagues and if I was to join a league where it was actually practiced I would promptly depart

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:16 pm

Whether you want to call it collusion, cheating, etc. there is no question this kind of a trade should get owners kicked out of a league. There is no grey area here. Even suggesting it would make me question an owner's integrity.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:21 pm

Read the title, then read the first paragraph for shits and giggles, then stopped reading. This is as blatant as collusion can get. There's not other way of putting it.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:01 pm

If I was in a league and someone did this, I'd leave. It's 100% collusion. If your league doesn't recognize it as such, then they're creating an ugly standard for what's right and wrong.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:18 pm

jman3134 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:13 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:58 pm That's collusion
You can say that again.....
It's collusion. Everyone on here beating around the bush and trying to make an argument for it is full of it. Renting a player sounds fine, but when you and another team make the deal of Zeke for nothing... that's collusion. I thought this was a troll thread at first, no offense to OP.

RCogburn
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RCogburn » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:42 pm

XclickX wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:45 pm I’ve pulled off a trade like this in redraft. So it’s a little different but it was a few years ago and I moved T.Y. Hilton for McKinnon ( when AP was out for the season.). Standard scoring league and I had bye week woes and needed an rb for 2 weeks. He needed a WR for 2 weeks to cover byes. We agreed to make the exact same trade after the 2 week rental.
Well TY blew up and it was extremely difficult to get the other owner to trade me back Hilton . Eventually he kept his word but it was like pulling teeth. We told the commish it was a two week trade and the league did not care since it was improving both teams. Not sure your trade is the same but if I were you and wanted to do it without involving your commish or league this is what you do.
A couple of owners in one of my redrafts did this. Pissed everyone off so much, that we passed a rule, once a player is traded from Team A to Team B, those two teams cannot trade the players involved in that trade back. Renting players during bye weeks gives an unfair advantage to those teams against the other teams in the league.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:54 pm

This thread topic is really going to upset some people. No, I would not allow it. Not that is so much as colluding as that it would set a terrible precedent for your league. Which would eventually lead to collusion anyways.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:58 pm

This is singling out and helping another team, without a competitive benefit to your team. That is collusion.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:04 pm

My league originally banned such a trade, but we ended up voting on it and deciding to allow it. We pretty much decided that any and all trades would be allowed and if guys want to screw over the rest of the league, then so be it. We're all good friends though and no such trade has ever happened

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:01 pm

Collusion is a secret agreement between two or more parties to limit open competition by deceiving, misleading, or defrauding others of their legal rights, or to obtain an objective forbidden by law typically by defrauding or gaining an unfair market advantage. It is an agreement among firms or individuals to divide a market, set prices, limit production or limit opportunities.[1] It can involve "unions, wage fixing, kickbacks, or misrepresenting the independence of the relationship between the colluding parties".[2] In legal terms, all acts effected by collusion are considered void.[3]

or

Definition of collusion
: secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose
acting in collusion with the enemy
Other Words from collusion

collusion
noun [ U ] UK ​ /kəˈluː.ʒən/ US ​ /kəˈluː.ʒən/ formal

agreement between people to act together secretly or illegally in order to deceive or cheat someone:

Collusion is secret or illegal co-operation, especially between countries or organizations.

----
The key words being

SECRET

AGAINST THE LAW (aka league rules)

The closest that a post on this thread has come to that is actually here:
XclickX wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:45 pm
but if I were you and wanted to do it without involving your commish or league this is what you do.

Zeke for a legitimate haul. Your whole 2019 draft 1,2,3 and your 2020 1,2,3 plus maybe someone like a Guice on your IR or Hunter Henry , McKinnon , etc. Then after the season you trade Zeke back to him for your 2019 1,3 and 2020 1,2,3 plus your IR player back. So basically the guy gains a late second rd pick for his troubles. Nobody will think twice if you guys did it like this. And if they did say something there is nothing they can do since the trade in the first place was fair, 6 picks and a player for Zeke( or whatever you 2 agree is fair).

What you are trying to do will never work. After the season how will the league allow you to trade Zeke for nothing back? Imo it has to be a fair deal for Zeke this year then a fair deal in the offseason to give him back but you get back a tiny bit less.
What he is advocating there is EXACTLY collusion. It is secretive, and intended to look normal.

Openly asking if renting a player is allowed and if there is no rule in your league against player rentals, and it is obvious in the trade that it is a rental and the Commissioner allows the trade - then it is not collusion.

Whether it is fair, just, right, moral, ethical, whatever - that is subjective and open to each persons opinion - but it is not collusive.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:07 pm

ArrylT wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:01 pm Collusion is a secret agreement between two or more parties to limit open competition by deceiving, misleading, or defrauding others of their legal rights, or to obtain an objective forbidden by law typically by defrauding or gaining an unfair market advantage. It is an agreement among firms or individuals to divide a market, set prices, limit production or limit opportunities.[1] It can involve "unions, wage fixing, kickbacks, or misrepresenting the independence of the relationship between the colluding parties".[2] In legal terms, all acts effected by collusion are considered void.[3]

or

Definition of collusion
: secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose
acting in collusion with the enemy
Other Words from collusion

collusion
noun [ U ] UK ​ /kəˈluː.ʒən/ US ​ /kəˈluː.ʒən/ formal

agreement between people to act together secretly or illegally in order to deceive or cheat someone:

Collusion is secret or illegal co-operation, especially between countries or organizations.

----
The key words being

SECRET

AGAINST THE LAW (aka league rules)

The closest that a post on this thread has come to that is actually here:
XclickX wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:45 pm
but if I were you and wanted to do it without involving your commish or league this is what you do.

Zeke for a legitimate haul. Your whole 2019 draft 1,2,3 and your 2020 1,2,3 plus maybe someone like a Guice on your IR or Hunter Henry , McKinnon , etc. Then after the season you trade Zeke back to him for your 2019 1,3 and 2020 1,2,3 plus your IR player back. So basically the guy gains a late second rd pick for his troubles. Nobody will think twice if you guys did it like this. And if they did say something there is nothing they can do since the trade in the first place was fair, 6 picks and a player for Zeke( or whatever you 2 agree is fair).

What you are trying to do will never work. After the season how will the league allow you to trade Zeke for nothing back? Imo it has to be a fair deal for Zeke this year then a fair deal in the offseason to give him back but you get back a tiny bit less.
What he is advocating there is EXACTLY collusion. It is secretive, and intended to look normal.

Openly asking if renting a player is allowed and if there is no rule in your league against player rentals, and it is obvious in the trade that it is a rental and the Commissioner allows the trade - then it is not collusion.

Whether it is fair, just, right, moral, ethical, whatever - that is subjective and open to each persons opinion - but it is not collusive.
Thanks ArrylT, I'm fairly lazy and couldn't be bothered writing a lengthy reply on why I believe this isn't collusion but you summed it up well.
I would strongly suggest implementing rules against loaning as it can turn into a bleep storm very quickly, it doesn't belong in dynasty football.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:13 pm

jordanzs wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:58 pm This is singling out and helping another team, without a competitive benefit to your team. That is collusion.
No benefit, how so? The Zeke owner gets Zeke off his team for the year which would result in a higher draft pick for him whilst gaining a first round pick next year.

I'm not condoning doing this at all but it seems people are partially reading the OPs story and screaming collusion. I'm unsure if people on this forum understand the meaning of the word at this point.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:16 pm

AussieMate wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:07 pm
Thanks ArrylT, I'm fairly lazy and couldn't be bothered writing a lengthy reply on why I believe this isn't collusion but you summed it up well.
I would strongly suggest implementing rules against loaning as it can turn into a bleep storm very quickly, it doesn't belong in dynasty football.
Anything to distract from TNF. :thumbup: :wall: :wall: :twisted: :twisted:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:38 pm

This is fantasy football not laws that govern society. This trade is collusion. It just happens to be overt.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst