General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Who are the studs coming in 2019

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:16 pm

Vcize wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:15 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:19 am
Bot101 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:50 am Is it just me or does there seem to be 4 or 5 guys that you'd want and the rest are kinda "meh"?
It's exactly that. This class lacks a true undeniable stud and doesn't have depth either. Once you get around 1.06-1.07, I think things are going to fall off a cliff.
Isn't that kind of par for the course this time of year? The mid/late 1st is typically for guys who's value escalates heading up to the draft. No one was very excited about Kamara or Hunt or Kerryon or Michael Thomas at this point in their final college season. They were all just names on a page similar to the bevy of names we have this year that look like they could or could not make for nice 1st round fantasy picks.

You are definitely right about the lack of a true stud though.
I don't know about that. I was hyping Michael Thomas all season in his last year at Ohio State. He was firmly in first rounds throughout that year. Kerryon Johnson was a fairly known name as well. You're correct though that sleepers will come. It happens in every draft class. But, that's a huge dart throw contest to figure out who those will be.

Going into the season, the consensus from draft experts seemed to be that RB's would fall off from past years, WR's would be respectable, QB and TE was questionable. So far, I'd say that's been the case.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:34 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:16 pm
Vcize wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:15 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:19 am

It's exactly that. This class lacks a true undeniable stud and doesn't have depth either. Once you get around 1.06-1.07, I think things are going to fall off a cliff.
Isn't that kind of par for the course this time of year? The mid/late 1st is typically for guys who's value escalates heading up to the draft. No one was very excited about Kamara or Hunt or Kerryon or Michael Thomas at this point in their final college season. They were all just names on a page similar to the bevy of names we have this year that look like they could or could not make for nice 1st round fantasy picks.

You are definitely right about the lack of a true stud though.
I don't know about that. I was hyping Michael Thomas all season in his last year at Ohio State. He was firmly in first rounds throughout that year. Kerryon Johnson was a fairly known name as well. You're correct though that sleepers will come. It happens in every draft class. But, that's a huge dart throw contest to figure out who those will be.

Going into the season, the consensus from draft experts seemed to be that RB's would fall off from past years, WR's would be respectable, QB and TE was questionable. So far, I'd say that's been the case.
Yeah but that's my point. It's not that people didn't know their names, it's that they were just names on a long list of guys that might turn into those kinds of players. The consensus wasn't really excited about using a mid 1st on them at the time. Kerryon was merely that guy for Auburn who got a ton of carries but was banged up and didn't seem to have NFL measurables. It wasn't until closer to the draft and then when a lot of capital was spent on him in the draft that he really became a player people were excited for.

Same goes for guys like Hunt, Penny, Kamara, etc.

There are LOTS of guys like Kerryon/Thomas right now. Lots of WRs projected to be 1st round NFL picks in various mocks that some fantasy owners are excited about and others are meh on. A next tier of RBs that could be day 2/3 NFL picks and end up as popular FF choices if they land in a good spot.

As we approach the draft some of those guys will separate from the pack.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Mascott93
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Mascott93 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:06 am

Kelvin Harmon will potentially be one of those guys who elevate themselves into the wr1 discussion as someone does every year (e.g., D.J. Moore in 2018). Hes quietly putting up solid numbers and has good size and body control.
Team 1
10 Man - PPR
QB: Stafford, Goff, Mayfield
RB: Barkley, Drake, Miller, Crowell, Jones, Clement, Gallman
WR: AJG, Samuels, Parker, Kirk, Hamilton, Harmon, Hurst, Cole, Taylor,
TE: Engram, Brate, Gathers
DL: Lawrence, Ngakoue, Jarrett, Poe, Barnett, Davenport
LB: T Smith, Alexander, Edmunds, Wright, Barron, Schobert, McKinney, Hitchens, Vander Esch
DB: Amos , Byard, Evans, Reid

Team 2 - 2 QB Superflex
16 Man - PPR, 1.5 PPR for TE, 6 pts TD pass
QB: Luck, Dalton
RB: Miller, McFadden, Abdullah, Prosise, Cmike
WR: Williams, Marshall, Lockett, T Benjamin, Kupp, Austin, Lafell
TE: Ebron, Gresham, Sims
DST: Broncos

Team 3
10 Man - PPR
QB: Dalton , Eli, lock
RB: Fournette, Howard, Rojo, Miller, Collins, AP, Gio, Breida
WR: OBJ, Cooks, JBrown, Lockett, Godwin, M Brown, Hamilton, Miller, Pettis, MVS, Harmon
TE: Kittle, Engram, Goedart, Eifert, Thomas
DEF: Chiefs

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:09 am

Mascott93 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:06 am Kelvin Harmon will potentially be one of those guys who elevate themselves into the wr1 discussion as someone does every year (e.g., D.J. Moore in 2018). Hes quietly putting up solid numbers and has good size and body control.
He's been on my radar for a few years now, and looks really good. Collin Johnson out of Texas is also putting up numbers and no one is really talking about him.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:23 am

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:25 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:23 am Did anyone see this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5kVYLtZpCw
Yes, that was awesome. I actually had that game on when that play happened. Great catch.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:40 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:23 am Did anyone see this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5kVYLtZpCw
Wow! My goodness!
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:38 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:09 am
Mascott93 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:06 am Kelvin Harmon will potentially be one of those guys who elevate themselves into the wr1 discussion as someone does every year (e.g., D.J. Moore in 2018). Hes quietly putting up solid numbers and has good size and body control.
He's been on my radar for a few years now, and looks really good. Collin Johnson out of Texas is also putting up numbers and no one is really talking about him.
I'm not gonna lie, the fact that he's 6-6 makes me want to write him off for the most part. It's an arbitrary cutoff, but just like with QBs - how many can you think of in history who were 6'6" and truly relevant players?
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:12 pm

How many 6'6"+ receivers have ever been drafted in the first two rounds though? I'm not aware of one currently in the NFL. Evans and Calvin are both 6'5", and I doubt that one extra inch would make such a big difference that someone couldn't be a fantasy-relevant WR. It's probably more a factor of rarity: there just aren't that many NFL-caliber WRs who are 6'6"+.

(I also see some places that list him at 6'5".)
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:14 am

hoos89 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:12 pm How many 6'6"+ receivers have ever been drafted in the first two rounds though? I'm not aware of one currently in the NFL. Evans and Calvin are both 6'5", and I doubt that one extra inch would make such a big difference that someone couldn't be a fantasy-relevant WR. It's probably more a factor of rarity: there just aren't that many NFL-caliber WRs who are 6'6"+.

(I also see some places that list him at 6'5".)
+1

If we are talking about Collin, I wasn't overly impressed with his ability to get separation, but only saw a glimpse of him in the OK St contest. So not a big enough sample....
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:41 pm

Vcize wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:34 pm
Yeah but that's my point. It's not that people didn't know their names, it's that they were just names on a long list of guys that might turn into those kinds of players. The consensus wasn't really excited about using a mid 1st on them at the time. Kerryon was merely that guy for Auburn who got a ton of carries but was banged up and didn't seem to have NFL measurables. It wasn't until closer to the draft and then when a lot of capital was spent on him in the draft that he really became a player people were excited for.

Same goes for guys like Hunt, Penny, Kamara, etc.

There are LOTS of guys like Kerryon/Thomas right now. Lots of WRs projected to be 1st round NFL picks in various mocks that some fantasy owners are excited about and others are meh on. A next tier of RBs that could be day 2/3 NFL picks and end up as popular FF choices if they land in a good spot.

As we approach the draft some of those guys will separate from the pack.
somewhat agree but I also just think it's because I'm sitting in a computer chair, not running an NFL team. It doesn't matter how much I like a player, a team needs to like them and invest in them to have fantasy relevance. So us nobodies do need to wait until April comes around and names are being leaked to media and then the actual draft happens.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:38 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:38 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:09 am
I'm not gonna lie, the fact that he's 6-6 makes me want to write him off for the most part. It's an arbitrary cutoff, but just like with QBs - how many can you think of in history who were 6'6" and truly relevant players?
I rarely see a college heigh hold at the NFL combine. Usually they come in shorter. Usually.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:57 pm

It really just depends on your movement. Megatron and Evans are freak shows. You're not supposed to be able to move how they do on a football field at the WR position. They're not the norm.

I feel like some taller WR's just can't sink their hips as well. You have a higher center of gravity and in some cases you have too much leg on you.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:11 pm

Rodney Anderson declares for the 2019 draft.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:50 am

Shcritters wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:11 pm Rodney Anderson declares for the 2019 draft.
he has 3 bigs injuries, maybe we will get him for cheaper...
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett