Antonio Brown - Alive & Well in TB?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Coobelz
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Antonio Brown’s feets

Postby Coobelz » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:26 am

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:16 am
jenkins.math wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:12 am Supposedly he threatened to hit Mayock in the face, punted the ball, and said "fine me for that". At least those are the highlights (or lowlights I guess).

I would assume threatening to assault a staff member would allow you to void almost any contractual obligation.
And Vontaze Burfict of all people was the one holding AB back and trying to de-escalate the situation.
You just can't make this stuff up!
TEAM 1: 1/2-PPR,
QB: Hurts, Carr, Jones
RB: McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Walker, Zeke, Patterson
WR: Waddle, Kupp, AJ Brown, DHop, Beckham, Jacoby Meyers, Mims, Nacua
TE: Kelce, Hockensen

TEAM 2: 1 point PPR, Empire Dynasty[/b]: Year 8
QB: Allen, Tua
RB: McCaffrey, Ekeler, Aaron Jones, Fournette, Walker,
WR: Hill, Diggs, Cooper, Higgins, Lockett, Beckham, Crowder, Jennings
TE: Kelce, Waller, Hill

TEAM 3: Superflex, 1 point PPR, 2 point PPR TE, Empire/: Year 2
QB: Stafford,Jimmy G, Purdy
RB: Barkley, Zeke, Aaron Jones, Derrick Henry, Williams, Dillon
WR: Kupp, Thielen, Hop, Gallup, Samuel, Valdez-Scantling, Reed
TE: Kelce, Schultz, Hill, Moreau

TEAM 4: 0.5 PPR
QB: Allen, Wilson
RB: Cook, Pollard, Swift, Robinson, Zeke, Helaire
WR: AJ Brown, Metcalf, London, Higgins, Pittman, Marquise Brown, Beckham
TE: Andrew’s, Otton, Likely

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:32 am

I can't imagine how relieved the Steelers fans must feel having this clown out of town.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:40 am

If he is indeed suspended and does not play for them after the contract is voided how do you feel this effects guys like Tyrell Wiilliams, Josh Jacobs and Hunter Renfrow? I dont see it being great for Tyrell, he will get more targets but having brown take all the coverage from him would really have helped him. It would probably make jacobs score less TDs but would it open up receiving work for him? Carr would be done most likely.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:42 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:40 am If he is indeed suspended and does not play for them after the contract is voided how do you feel this effects guys like Tyrell Wiilliams, Josh Jacobs and Hunter Renfrow? I dont see it being great for Tyrell, he will get more targets but having brown take all the coverage from him would really have helped him. It would probably make jacobs score less TDs but would it open up receiving work for him? Carr would be done most likely.
I think it's bad for everyone. Having someone like Brown opens up the field for other players to have better matchups. Oakland would become an offense to stalk with streaming defenses.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:49 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:40 am If he is indeed suspended and does not play for them after the contract is voided how do you feel this effects guys like Tyrell Wiilliams, Josh Jacobs and Hunter Renfrow? I dont see it being great for Tyrell, he will get more targets but having brown take all the coverage from him would really have helped him. It would probably make jacobs score less TDs but would it open up receiving work for him? Carr would be done most likely.
I don't heavily buy into the top guy going down being worse for the #2.
More targets= more opportunities. Tyrell was pretty decent as the No. 1 for Rivers when KA went down in 2016.
Tyrell finished as WR 13 overall on only 119 targets. That was only his second season in the league coming in as an UDFA as well.

Obviously Carr is not Rivers, but I think if AB really is done, Tyrell could win a lot of leagues this season.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:57 am

Waller shares looking better by the day.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:05 pm

So annoyed, all this AB stuff is blowing up my phone and computer in notifications .. freaking starting to dislike AB.

He needs to get back on his meds.
@PlankMelody

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:16 pm

- Hard to believe Tomlin/Ben/etc somehow kept this dude in line and PIT maintaining their competitiveness for a while.

- Carr could go from being an upside value QB to right back where he was last year....fringe QB2

Will be fun to watch this blow up, should it happen lol.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:19 pm

Good on Oakland brass for actually holding him accountable. If I were them, I'd give him a 1 game suspension, tell him this is his last an only warning, and clearly define the kind of behavior that would get him kicked off the team.

Then again, I don't know the contract details. It's possible he collects a ton of guarantees if he plays Week 2, and then he'd probably happily take an expulsion.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:22 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:19 pm Good on Oakland brass for actually holding him accountable. If I were them, I'd give him a 1 game suspension, tell him this is his last an only warning, and clearly define the kind of behavior that would get him kicked off the team.

Then again, I don't know the contract details. It's possible he collects a ton of guarantees if he plays Week 2, and then he'd probably happily take an expulsion.
I think the problem is, if he's suspended for misconduct, that voids ALL the guarantees in his contract. Essentially the Raiders have a choice between
A) cutting him for free right now
B) not suspending him at all

If they suspend him and his guarantees go out the window, just imagine how AB will act then

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:27 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:16 am
jenkins.math wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:12 am Supposedly he threatened to hit Mayock in the face, punted the ball, and said "fine me for that". At least those are the highlights (or lowlights I guess).

I would assume threatening to assault a staff member would allow you to void almost any contractual obligation.
And Vontaze Burfict of all people was the one holding AB back and trying to de-escalate the situation.
Burfict probably doesn't realize that if AB goes to another team that he can knock him out on the field
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:31 pm

notweswelker wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:22 pm
Lord_Varys wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:19 pm Good on Oakland brass for actually holding him accountable. If I were them, I'd give him a 1 game suspension, tell him this is his last an only warning, and clearly define the kind of behavior that would get him kicked off the team.

I think the problem is, if he's suspended for misconduct, that voids ALL the guarantees in his contract. Essentially the Raiders have a choice between
A) cutting him for free right now
B) not suspending him at all

If they suspend him and his guarantees go out the window, just imagine how AB will act then
If they suspend him they are basically cutting ties. If he isn't on the field Monday night, I don't expect him to ever play a game with the Raiders.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Steelersxx6
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Steelersxx6 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:40 pm

What would you guys sell AB for right now? I have no idea how to even value him currently.
12 Team .5 PPR 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX 1D/ST
QB: Lawrence, Lance, Goff
RB: JT, Dobbins, Swift, CEH, Tevin Coleman, Rashad Penny, Tony Pollard
WR: Stephon Diggs, DJ Moore, Calvin Ridley, Tee Higgins, DeVonta Smith, DeVante Parker, KJ Hamler, Darnell Mooney, Gabriel Davis, Amari Rodgers
TE: Jonnu Smith, Irv Smith, Tyler Higbee
D/ST: Ravens, Steelers
K:

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:48 pm

i don't think you can steelersxx6

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:52 pm

Steelersxx6 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:40 pm What would you guys sell AB for right now? I have no idea how to even value him currently.
Never sell low. You ride or die at this point. Shoulda sold when he signed with the Raiders if you weren't comfortable with the risk.