General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby steelman » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:05 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:19 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:54 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:32 pm Most WRs aren't HOF talents and among the best to ever play the position either, which like him or not AB is.
Not to mention he is about 11 years younger than the Goat that simply loves to throw to open WR's.

To some, age is just a number. Not a fan of AB but he is simply one of the best ever to play WR. He might implode but he is better than any WR on Tampa and they have really good ones.

Brady threw it 45 times yesterday in a great performance. He is going to hit Brown a ton when he is on the field. Brady targeted Scotty Miller 9 times yesterday. Pretty sure A. Brown is way better.....just sayin.
But that was in a game where Mike Evans had 2 targets.

So, even if you sub Brown for Miller in this instance, someone is going to take a hit each game because of the wealth of talent. You just don't know who. It's a matter of what the defense is conceding. In this case, Evans was doubled some and still may be injured (who knows), so Brady went elsewhere.
You're right, but when AB decides he wants to get open, he does. AB is going to be open a lot because he's almost impossible to cover. I think he'll be happy to be in TB so he'll keep his mouth shut and be on his best behaviour. Remember, he didn't act out while in NE, it was past issues that surfaced that got him cut.

The only question will be what he was doing for the last 18 months. Did he keep himself in shape, or was he getting high, drunk, eating crap food, etc.

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:06 pm

steelman wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:05 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:54 pm

Not to mention he is about 11 years younger than the Goat that simply loves to throw to open WR's.

To some, age is just a number. Not a fan of AB but he is simply one of the best ever to play WR. He might implode but he is better than any WR on Tampa and they have really good ones.

Brady threw it 45 times yesterday in a great performance. He is going to hit Brown a ton when he is on the field. Brady targeted Scotty Miller 9 times yesterday. Pretty sure A. Brown is way better.....just sayin.

So, even if you sub Brown for Miller in this instance, someone is going to take a hit each game because of the wealth of talent. You just don't know who. It's a matter of what the defense is conceding. In this case, Evans was doubled some and still may be injured (who knows), so Brady went elsewhere.
You're right, but when AB decides he wants to get open, he does. AB is going to be open a lot because he's almost impossible to cover. I think he'll be happy to be in TB so he'll keep his mouth shut and be on his best behaviour. Remember, he didn't act out while in NE, it was past issues that surfaced that got him cut.

The only question will be what he was doing for the last 18 months. Did he keep himself in shape, or was he getting high, drunk, eating crap food, etc.
AB is known for a lot of things. Being out of shape is not one of them.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:33 am

burntfire wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:06 pm
steelman wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:05 pm

AB is known for a lot of things. Being out of shape is not one of them.
True, but he did pretty much spiral out of control. Who knows what else was going on that we weren't sure about. I'm not saying he's now fat, but 18 months of inactivity would be the difference between him being the AB of old and just another good WR.

If I was a betting man I would take the option of AB still being among the most difficult in the league to cover, but who knows.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:52 am

If AB does return to the AB of 2 years ago, and Gronk keeps performing like he has been the last few weeks, could TB be in the discussion for the best receiving group of all time?

With attention taken to the other guys, Gronk could be a top 3 TE this year moving forward. Godwin, Evans and AB is quite the trio.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:32 am

burntfire wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:58 pm This thread is hilarious.

Also to the people trading Godwin for Lamb... can I join your league?
Yeah, I don't get the super duper Lamb love at all. He is not close to my dynasty WR1. I'd prefer Claypool to him straight up if I'm just looking at rookies WRs let alone all WRs.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:36 am

thebeast wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:32 am

Yeah, I don't get the super duper Lamb love at all. He is not close to my dynasty WR1. I'd prefer Claypool to him straight up if I'm just looking at rookies WRs let alone all WRs.
I'm not in the lamb for hall of fame camp, but he's still worth a bit more than claypool for me. Im not about to trade my Godwin for either of them.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:31 am

I'm not as high on Lamb as most, but this comment....LOL. Talk about cliche. Some people value youth/production. I can see both sides of this. Lamb is 21, vs Godwin 24. Lamb was producing, and Godwin is hurt....again. 3rd time this year. 2 of the biggest podcasters/platform owners in Dynasty have Lamb ahead of him, and while I don't necessarily agree, your comment is devoid of any helpful input. Just condescending drivel.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:18 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:31 am

I'm not as high on Lamb as most, but this comment....LOL. Talk about cliche. Some people value youth/production. I can see both sides of this. Lamb is 21, vs Godwin 24. Lamb was producing, and Godwin is hurt....again. 3rd time this year. 2 of the biggest podcasters/platform owners in Dynasty have Lamb ahead of him, and while I don't necessarily agree, your comment is devoid of any helpful input. Just condescending drivel.
I would disagree. I believe I got my point across without having to state it directly. Lamb is a rookie playing in the slot left largely uncovered. Godwin is a stud putting up top 5 WR numbers next to another stud. Sure Godwin has been hurt this year but are we discounting last year? Are we discounting his future going forward? Until Lamb keeps doing it until next year he's not in the same tier as Godwin.

WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:20 pm

burntfire wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:18 pm

I would disagree. I believe I got my point across without having to state it directly. Lamb is a rookie playing in the slot left largely uncovered. Godwin is a stud putting up top 5 WR numbers next to another stud. Sure Godwin has been hurt this year but are we discounting last year? Are we discounting his future going forward? Until Lamb keeps doing it until next year he's not in the same tier as Godwin.
That's fair, it has an argument. Your previous comment added nothing, and insulted anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion, IMO. That's what "can I join your leagues" basically is. I don't Lamb ranked highly, like that FWIW, but I understand why some might do it.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:27 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:20 pm

That's fair, it has an argument. Your previous comment added nothing, and insulted anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion, IMO. That's what "can I join your leagues" basically is. I don't Lamb ranked highly, like that FWIW, but I understand why some might do it.
Fair point.

I can see how people have Lamb that high because he's come hot out of the gate but I realistically don't see it being sustainable. People love the new toy. What drives me a bit crazy is when a guy puts up great numbers for a few weeks and suddenly they're worth as much or more than someone who is established and has done it for multiple seasons.

For me. It would take Lamb + to even consider moving Godwin. With that being said I get why people would be nervous with the questions at QB starting next year (though Brady looks fantastic).

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:13 pm

burntfire wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:27 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:20 pm

Fair point.

I can see how people have Lamb that high because he's come hot out of the gate but I realistically don't see it being sustainable. People love the new toy. What drives me a bit crazy is when a guy puts up great numbers for a few weeks and suddenly they're worth as much or more than someone who is established and has done it for multiple seasons.

For me. It would take Lamb + to even consider moving Godwin. With that being said I get why people would be nervous with the questions at QB starting next year (though Brady looks fantastic).
Lamb is not some 3rd round average rookie WR, he is a highly regarded prospect, who despite what some people thought after he was drafted, he was in a fantastic situation prior to Dak's injury. Sure he still needs to develop his game at the NFL level, but he is coming into the league with very strong college pedigree.

Why do rookie RBs get annointed the chosen one in dynasty value, but WR need to prove it first? In May, Akers ranked at 16, Carson at 27...why is the hype ranked over a player who had, and continues to produce plenty?

Regarding Antonio Brown, I see him and Godwin producing the rest of the year. I don't see how Mike Evans is anything more than a flex play now. He will be completely unreliable and TD dependent.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:40 pm

CGW wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:36 am
thebeast wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:32 am

I'm not in the lamb for hall of fame camp, but he's still worth a bit more than claypool for me. Im not about to trade my Godwin for either of them.
I get that, but Claypool is going to put it all together and it is going to be really scary... Like Julio scary (plus touchdowns).

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:35 pm

I’m finally off AB’s wild ride. Got stuck with him over a year ago and just been holding him on a rebuilding team ever since. Moved him today for a projected early 2021 2nd and mid 2021 3rd.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:37 pm

I can't believe I just did this, but I actually picked Antonio Brown up as a FA moments ago after last having had him on my team 9 years ago before trading him a year later - regrettably... until the past year or so.

I figured he was a better pick up and just as easy drop if needed as McKissic, who he replaced and is on bye anyway - a desperation RB waiver pick up last week after Aaron Jones was ruled out.

Anyway, I have no idea what AB will do in Tampa, but worth a dart throw since I'm off to a strong start, even with all my brutal RB injuries. Just have to survive at RB till the playoffs and hope Brown can chip in as a WR3/4 if needed.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:01 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:37 pm I can't believe I just did this, but I actually picked Antonio Brown up as a FA moments ago after last having had him on my team 9 years ago before trading him a year later - regrettably... until the past year or so.

I figured he was a better pick up and just as easy drop if needed as McKissic, who he replaced and is on bye anyway - a desperation RB waiver pick up last week after Aaron Jones was ruled out.

Anyway, I have no idea what AB will do in Tampa, but worth a dart throw since I'm off to a strong start, even with all my brutal RB injuries. Just have to survive at RB till the playoffs and hope Brown can chip in as a WR3/4 if needed.
Might be all the internet blowhards getting to me the last seven days but IF he gets reinstated and IF he stays on the field I think your wish for a WR3 will be his absolute floor. I checked into him several hours before he was claimed in my league last week and I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. I usually do not play fantasy footballs with my morals but geez, this guy.