Antonio Brown - Alive & Well in TB?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby Chris_R » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:07 am

steelman wrote:Could Brown be a one year wonder? Of course. Just like Luck, RG3 and Richardson could all be busts, anything is possible. With that said, I've watched every snap of Brown's career, I've watched tape of him in practice, I've read scouting reports, I've watched tape of him in camp, etc. Everything points to him being a supremely talented player. It's not like he thrived just because Wallace faced a lot of double coverage. Brown thrived because he's a very talented WR. He runs very good routes, his timing is precise, he can fight off defenders, he can go up and get the ball in traffic and he's hard to bring down after the catch. Brown faced plenty of double coverage as well at times and he was able to beat the coverage.

Brown is very talented and I believe he will have a great career. Talent almost always wins out.

I don't think your assesment is any more accurate just because you've seen practice film, OTA stuff, saw him worked out or whatever. There are a bunch of people who have seen him play. I was born in Pittsburgh and since my family moved away my father has gotten the NFL Ticket through Direct TV the past 4 years or so, so I have no choice but to watch the games every week also.

Nobody is saying he isn't talented, the point is you, me, or nobody else knows if he will continue to thrive as the #1 target there. It's ridiculous IMO for someone to call him more talented then Wallace because by doing so your assuming that Brown is already 1 of the best WR's in the NFL and that couldn't be further from the truth. Numbers speak for themselves, and for 3 straight seasons Wallace has produced, and 2 of those he received a ton of defense week in and out and his numbers rival that of most WR's.

I think Brown has 3 career receiving TD's, Wallace has 24 in 3 seasons. Let's pump the brakes here. This is from a Brown owner also make no mistakes about it, but people are getting way ahead of themselves for a guy who started 10 games, scored 2 TD's, and not one week did he have the primary focus of the defense. Until we see him have back to back great seasons, with those situations changed, saying he's more talented then Wallace is laughable. That doesn't mean he's some scrub, but too often people want to heap praise upon somebody who hasn't proved much.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:58 am

I am roommates with Brown and you makes a great mojito (i've also watched tapes of him practicing how to make that mojito) ...but I would still never consider taking him over Nicks.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

reddaddy32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby reddaddy32 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:23 pm

Must say Brown got more love here than I expected he would get. I think we need to wait to make a decision on who is better at this point, just to be fair and give Brown the look at WR1 on his team to see how he does. My guess is Mike Wallace will find his most leverage come week 3 when he still has not signed and Pitt is in the bottom 4 in total offense and brown can no longer get open. But we will see. He has talent but I really dont see Brown as elite anywhere, and given his size, I dont think he can be a consistent WR1 in the league.
Start 1 QB/TE/K/DEF,2RB/3WR or 1RB/4WR 1PPR,12 Team

QB:Locker, Schaub, Tannehill, R Wilson
RB:J Bell, Charles, K hunter, Murray, J Stewart
WR:Benjamin, Cobb, Fitzgerald, Nicks, M Williams, Rob Woods
TE:Gronkowski, Green, Housler
3.02, 4.02
WR: Cal Johnson, Broyles, Hankerson, St Johnson, M Jones, D Moore, D Thomas, Wheaton
TE: Gresham, Rudolph
K: Janikowski
1.07, 2.06, 3.07, 4.06

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:28 pm

I'm going to pick up Emmanuel because I'm sure he will be this years "Brown" should Wallace continue to hold out. Then we will be talking about how Emmanuel is better than Nicks. Lol. But seriously, I've listened to a few podcasts, read his tweets, and followed Micheal Fabiano so I have a good idea how things will turn out!
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:57 pm

reddaddy32 wrote:Must say Brown got more love here than I expected he would get. I think we need to wait to make a decision on who is better at this point, just to be fair and give Brown the look at WR1 on his team to see how he does. My guess is Mike Wallace will find his most leverage come week 3 when he still has not signed and Pitt is in the bottom 4 in total offense and brown can no longer get open. But we will see. He has talent but I really dont see Brown as elite anywhere, and given his size, I dont think he can be a consistent WR1 in the league.
one thing that brown does pretty well is run routes, i doubt he gets shut out, if wallace isnt there he might not get the same numbers, but then again he might pick up some targets, so i think its a little early to say if he can produce without wallace or not, but i can say as a brown owner i would rather not find out

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:31 am

??Droppedballs?? wrote:one thing that brown does pretty well is run routes, i doubt he gets shut out, if wallace isnt there he might not get the same numbers, but then again he might pick up some targets, so i think its a little early to say if he can produce without wallace or not, but i can say as a brown owner i would rather not find out
Brown runs routes pretty well, fights for the ball better than Wallace, is a team player, is great for PR and is an all around good guy. The organization does like him and I expect him to be with the team for a long time.

Mangelo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mangelo » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:35 pm

This dude was in the right spot at the right time. He not only duped 90% of fantasy nation, he duped one of the best organizations in sports to give him a big contract.

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:58 pm

FIRE UP CHIPS!!!
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

mrvnnol
Rookie
Rookie

Antonio Brown Trade Value?

Postby mrvnnol » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:22 pm

Would like to shop him for a back but am unsure of what my asking price should be. Should I wait until Mike Wallace is officially gone or trade now as the Steelers may draft a WR to throw in the mix. They are in cap hell and need to continue to bolster thier D but that doesn't always mean anything.

The GM
Captain
Captain

Re: Antonio Brown Trade Value?

Postby The GM » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:35 pm

I am high on him. I do not see him as a WR1 in a 12 team league but I could see him turning into a steady WR2 and last years doing it. That is the kind of value I like. If I wanted to trade him for a back I am not sure what his value would be. For picks I am not trading him for less than a first round.

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:18 pm

Not a sexy guy at all and I think he struggles without Wallace.

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:48 pm

Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Not a sexy guy at all and I think he struggles without Wallace.
Actually my WR2 statement was a little higher than where I have him. I have him in a rather larger group of high WR3 but I do like him. I think he will do fine without Wallace.

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:55 pm

I don't. He doesn't do any one thing really well, lacks elite speed, any height advantage, and has little leaping ability.

Not that this necessarily means anything but it would be amusing to see him matched up with Joe Haden - something he's never really had to do (line up v.s. a team's best corner).

will6779
All Pro
All Pro

Postby will6779 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:01 pm

i like him as a wr2 this year. hes gonna get alota targets. he could be huge in my league cause we count retun yards.
12 team, ppr,idp league. 35 man roster, 5 ts.
Start- qb,2-3rb,3-4wr,1-2te,pk, 2-3 dl, 2-3 lb, 2-3 db
Scoring- all tds 6 pts, lb&db 2/t, 4/sack. Dl 3/t 5/ sack

QB- luck, tannehill, mallet
RB- spiller,sproles,mathews,ingram p thomas, woodhead, f jackson, k davis, freeman
WR- brandon marshall d thomas,cobb,amendola , bolden, landry, bryant, watkins, carter
TE- Olsen, reed, ertz, housler, escobar
PK- Vinatary
DL- , quinn, dunlap, hankins
LB- Kueckly, bowman, greenway, v miller , ogletree, bostic, kirksey
DB- Beathea, weddel

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:07 pm

I'm not sure they'll continue to use him as a returner since he's really their only real WR.