GOAT
GOAT

Re: Antonio Brown’s feets

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:38 pm

zoster80 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:09 pm
Phaded wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:33 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:59 am Raiders are a joke
How?
Because they didn't release the best player on the team over an emotionally charged fit?

How do you feel about teams that continue to roster women beaters, child abusers, rapists, drug addicts, criminals and the like?

If the Raiders are a joke, so are the rest of the teams in the league.
Coming from a fan of a joke team...the dolphins...sometime you have to just admit that your team is a joke...

Raiders are being walked over and to scared to reprimand their player. What does this show the rookies and others on the team. This sets a bad precedent
He’s just showing whole team that you can tell your boss to eff off and still get to play

That is why they are a joke.
Honestly, we know so little. Everyone thinks they know better. It's fine to have an opinion, but you really know so little of what's going on, your opinion isn't an informed one. Not just this situation, either. Any locker room/contract situation. We just spew out BS around here, when it comes to that. You're entitled to your opinion on it, but it's not an informed one. Nobody's is. I don't really like AB's nonsense, but if it translates to a better record, that's fine. I trust that coaches etc. know where the line is. We get fed stuff through media constantly, and I fully admit AB is a head case, but I don't think it's going to affect Ferrell or Jacobs negatively. That's my opinion. Raiders are going to be a much better team than the Dolphins. They actually had a really good off season, IMO. Their roster is much better, and AB is part of that. He comes with baggage, that's a given. He probably won't last, but it was still worth the risk of a 3rd and 5th at the time they made the move.

They need to give Carr this, see how he handles it. How he handles a difficult WR, and how he plays with real talent around him after the last few years. They need to figure out if he's the guy going to Vegas or not. AB is important for that. It is the biggest decision Mayock and Gruden need to make this year, so they are doing the right thing with this, IMO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:50 pm

NFL came up with an extra wacky plan to boost MNF ratings Week 1 this year. I somewhat kid, but if something of that nature came out, I would not be that surprised.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:09 pm

Friction wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:00 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:00 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:51 pm

Of course, but if there were racial slurs, it may have been a bigger issue. Just saying, we don't have any audio evidence of it..... :D
Is cracker a racial slur? I don’t know a single white person who would be offended by the word
Cracker is absolutely intended to be a racial term, no doubt about that. At least by the user, in almost all scenarios. Offended parties are a different story, as like anything else, depends on the makeup of the individuals. Either way, pretty nuts even for AB's standards.
I changed my tune about the word cracker after the movie 'django unchained' ...
@PlankMelody

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:13 pm

League is a clown show. I've never seen such insane swings in what's accepted/not and what's suspendable/not. And that's saying something considering how inconsistent they are with these things. Reaching new levels this year though, between this and other stuff.

So much for the integrity of the league, right? It's like watching a very, very expensive train wreck and not being surprised by anything anymore, one way or the other... and still watching the games! :P lol
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:56 pm

What I'd like to know:

Has Brown always been like this, and Pittsburgh was flipping amazing at managing his personality?
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:58 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:56 pm What I'd like to know:

Has Brown always been like this, and Pittsburgh was flipping amazing at managing his personality?
According to Cowherd's source, yes. Same with stuff coming out about Troy Polamalu. Supposedly the Steelers covered up a ton. However it got to a breaking point, and that's where the Raiders took a chance. I have to say that Gruden was supposed to be an old school guy that would not jive with the new NFL player. That was the media narrative. He's shown anything but. He's clearly adapting to the new reality, and I think that people just want to bash the guy every chance they get. I am holding judgment for another 2 years, as I want to see what he can do. He gutted that roster, and I believe AB is essential to seeing what Carr is at this point. The way Bakhtiari handled Mack last night just reaffirms my belief that trade was good for the Raiders. 2 firsts on a rebuilding team for a guy about to command 5 times the salary he made the previous year on a 6-10 team was a no brainer to me. Mack wasn't going to help the Raiders build for Vegas. Gruden has made his share of mistakes, but the AB thing absolutely needs to play out, IMO. Mayock and Gruden have to assess what Carr can do with talent around him, with this offense, and 2 firsts next year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:49 pm

I’m buying all the AB. He won’t be overall WR1 again but he’ll eat if he starts. I just bought him in two leagues for Lockett and Woods.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:40 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:52 pm

All of this is being done for MNF ratings.
The question should then be how exactly is all this bleep supposed to help the Raiders actually win any football games?
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:07 am

knotts4372 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:02 pm
How?
Because they didn't release the best player on the team over an emotionally charged fit?

How do you feel about teams that continue to roster women beaters, child abusers, rapists, drug addicts, criminals and the like?

if i could "like" this post a million times i would. ppl just out there acting like ab did anything major wrong. seriously just stfu ppl. he acted like a clown sure but ya'll werent up in arms like this with tyreek hill etc.
I think you’re completely missing the point of most. People are pissed about AB because it looks like they are going to lose elite dynasty asset value because it looks like he is being a Diva. Many people are appalled at the Tyreek Hill situation and find him deplorable and think it’s a compete the joke that he wasn’t punished in any way by the league or legal system. But to suggest that people shouldn’t discuss and be concerned with ABs value is nonsensical as he’s kept himself in the news all summer and none of it has been positive.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:27 am

Friction wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:00 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:00 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:51 pm

Of course, but if there were racial slurs, it may have been a bigger issue. Just saying, we don't have any audio evidence of it..... :D
Is cracker a racial slur? I don’t know a single white person who would be offended by the word
Cracker is absolutely intended to be a racial term, no doubt about that. At least by the user, in almost all scenarios. Offended parties are a different story, as like anything else, depends on the makeup of the individuals. Either way, pretty nuts even for AB's standards.
Agreed cracker is a racial slur no different than th “ N “ word.. suppose that doesn’t offend too many black people ?
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:51 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:58 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:56 pm What I'd like to know:

According to Cowherd's source, yes. Same with stuff coming out about Troy Polamalu. Supposedly the Steelers covered up a ton. However it got to a breaking point, and that's where the Raiders took a chance. I have to say that Gruden was supposed to be an old school guy that would not jive with the new NFL player. That was the media narrative. He's shown anything but. He's clearly adapting to the new reality, and I think that people just want to bash the guy every chance they get. I am holding judgment for another 2 years, as I want to see what he can do. He gutted that roster, and I believe AB is essential to seeing what Carr is at this point. The way Bakhtiari handled Mack last night just reaffirms my belief that trade was good for the Raiders. 2 firsts on a rebuilding team for a guy about to command 5 times the salary he made the previous year on a 6-10 team was a no brainer to me. Mack wasn't going to help the Raiders build for Vegas. Gruden has made his share of mistakes, but the AB thing absolutely needs to play out, IMO. Mayock and Gruden have to assess what Carr can do with talent around him, with this offense, and 2 firsts next year.
I don't think that means anything, and Bakhtiari got beat a couple times. Even if Mack did struggle against him it doesn't mean much, Bakhtiari is the best LT in the league, especially in pass protection.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:29 am

knotts4372 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:02 pm
How?

if i could "like" this post a million times i would. ppl just out there acting like ab did anything major wrong. seriously just stfu ppl. he acted like a clown sure but ya'll werent up in arms like this with tyreek hill etc.
Man, you should go back and read the locked Hill threads. That might change your statement a little.

But yeah people shouldn't have been freaking out about this and no it doesn't compare to Tyreek... I just liked watching the trainwreck that is AB and the Raiders

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:17 am

Maybe I’m jumping to conclusions or maybe the media is making a big deal out of nothing, but AB has now asked the Raiders to release him on Instagram...

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:24 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:25 am

lololol.
Honestly, I am a Raiders fan, I own AB and even I just can't help but laugh about this now.