Antonio Brown - Alive & Well in TB?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:03 am

knotts4372 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:00 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:55 am Now he's on twitter taking shots at Carr's brothers. So glad he never played a game for the Raiders.
david carr was on tv taking shots at him before he ever got released. but you wanna hate on ab for responding. smh
I'm glad he never played for the Raiders. He's a clown. I stand by my comment. Go ahead and defend this piece of trash if you want, but I'm glad he's off my favourite team, period.

EDIT. Carr taking shots is a bit extreme. Calling AB's antics irrational seems like rational analysis to me.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:05 am

I wouldnt be surprised if David Carr has had more concussions than Antonio Brown. :(
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:13 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:03 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:55 am Now he's on twitter taking shots at Carr's brothers. So glad he never played a game for the Raiders.
david carr was on tv taking shots at him before he ever got released. but you wanna hate on ab for responding. smh
I'm glad he never played for the Raiders. He's a clown. I stand by my comment. Go ahead and defend this piece of trash if you want, but I'm glad he's off my favourite team, period.

EDIT. Carr taking shots is a bit extreme. Calling AB's antics irrational seems like rational analysis to me.
hes a piece of trash because he wanted off the raiders and did what he did to facillitate that? got cha :thumbup: lmfao
here i thought we reserved those kinda terms for the guys like tyreek hill that actually are pieces of trash but i guess thats just me. have fun with that 3-13 record from your favorite team that just got totally played
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:15 am

When the Patriots want a player, they get him. And instead of trading the Stealers a first round pick like they offered them, the Pats get him for nothing and less money.

Pat's get a 1 year trail before offering him a bigger contract. Couldn't have worked out better for them.

The Pats stealing players, I would think is bad for the NFL, but the Pats and NFL ratings will go up now that the Pats get more stud players to help them on their championship runs.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 am

knotts4372 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:13 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:03 am

hes a piece of trash because he wanted off the raiders and did what he did to facillitate that? got cha :thumbup: lmfao
here i thought we reserved those kinda terms for the guys like tyreek hill that actually are pieces of trash but i guess thats just me. have fun with that 3-13 record from your favorite team that just got totally played
I can't stand Hill either, but AB didn't have to sign an extention with the Raiders after he was trade there. You seem like a great guy, just like AB. I guess clowns stick together. Thanks for the well wishes. Peace, done with this. I want to watch football. BTW, the clowns thing is just a jab for the 3-13 comment. :wink:

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:25 am

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:51 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:27 pm
Bot101 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:33 pm I dont really buy that this was Brown's plan all along. If he wanted to be a Pat he should have just gone to Buffalo and pulled his garbage there. They probably would have cut him for less than what the Raiders tolerated.
Of course it wasn't. Why would he prefer $9 million over $30 million?
Well he was scheduled to make $15M this year with Oakland, the same he could max out at in NE. Then he becomes a UFA in the offseason and theoretically gets another 2-3 year deal with $30M + guaranteed. So it could end up a wash for him financially, if not an increase in pay.
You still have to factor in a potential injury or the possibility of him continuing to do something dumb or even declining in ability. That $30M was as good as gold in Oakland; not so much anymore.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:33 am

Why do so many people discuss NFL player salaries so much? The last thing that will ever worry me is how much NFL players make, especially the very rich players. The only thing I would care about is if my team signs a sub par player to a big contract that prohibits them from signing other players.

Whether AB left money on the table, will make more money now or is a complete wash, is about the most useless argument to be had. Let's talk football!!!

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:40 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:25 am
bjd5211 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:51 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:27 pm

Of course it wasn't. Why would he prefer $9 million over $30 million?
Well he was scheduled to make $15M this year with Oakland, the same he could max out at in NE. Then he becomes a UFA in the offseason and theoretically gets another 2-3 year deal with $30M + guaranteed. So it could end up a wash for him financially, if not an increase in pay.
You still have to factor in a potential injury or the possibility of him continuing to do something dumb or even declining in ability. That $30M was as good as gold in Oakland; not so much anymore.
If this was really his plan it was stupid. Especially since if he really actively worked to get released (as is being reported now) that would torpedo his grievance to recoup the guaranteed money from the Raiders. This smells of spin.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:07 am

Watch from 6 minutes on. They are basically talking about collusion. AB consulting with social media consultants to facilitate his release, starting with posting the letter. Fake hammy injury, it's pretty in depth. Per Mortenson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75tVqByTsHo

EDIT. Supposedly the Pats offered a first, but the Steelers did not want to trade to a rival. I was initianally skeptical about conspiracy theories, but I think it's possible there was tampering, at this point.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patr ... e-release/

KAT
Starter
Starter

Postby KAT » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:51 am

This
12 team - Sflex PPR - TEP - Champion 2021-2022
Q(1-2)-Jackson, Dak, Lance, Love, Huntley
RB(2-4)-JT, Mixon, JK, Barkley
WR(3-5)-Chase, Hill, Diggs, Cooks, Hollywood, Aiyuk, Jeudy, T. Johnson, J. Washington, Reagor
TE(1-3)-Waller, Moreau, Tonyan
DL(3-4)- Burns, Davenport, Gregory
LB(3-4)-Kendricks, Okereke, JOK, Shaq, Bolton, Jamin, Gay
DB(3-4)-Dugger, Ryan, Amos, Deablo
2022 picks - none
2023 picks all of my own

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:54 am

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 6378318848

Brown contract adjusted with 2nd year added
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:57 am

lets see what the smarks will have to say now? granted they still have the option to add that year but i just came back around to wonder what ppl will say next. let the hate flow thru you ppl. i know you can do it
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:01 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:07 am Watch from 6 minutes on. They are basically talking about collusion. AB consulting with social media consultants to facilitate his release, starting with posting the letter. Fake hammy injury, it's pretty in depth. Per Mortenson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75tVqByTsHo

EDIT. Supposedly the Pats offered a first, but the Steelers did not want to trade to a rival. I was initianally skeptical about conspiracy theories, but I think it's possible there was tampering, at this point.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patr ... e-release/
lol wow. the way these nfl team shoot themselves in the foot. turned down a 1st in favor of a 3rd? who cares if he goes to the pats, they're gonna stomp you out either way. at least make your team better.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:06 am

It certainly seems like collusion is possible. The only thing holding it up for me is why would AB sign a contract extension with OAK if he had no intention of staying from beginning? For that to be true he'd have to
1. Be smart enough and forward thinking enough to have signed the extension as a means of creating plausible deniability (unlikely),
2. Have advisers who helped him concoct this scheme from the beginning (possible but also seemingly unlikely),
Or my favorite theory-
3. He originally had legitimate intentions to play for Oakland, but then bunch of the earlier bad stuff occurred causing tension or he just realized both Carr and the team weren't going to be competitive, thus he had a change of heart and then tried to orchestrate his release.

Also the orchestrated release talk could just be AB's way of saving face to make it seem like his stupidity was all part of his plan to get what he wanted. That seems like even more likely.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:42 pm

Sell, sell, sell! This is horrifying if true

Federal Lawsuit Alleges Sexual Battery, False Imprisonment, and Battery against NFL’s Antonio Brown

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/10/spor ... riots.html

Complaint document here:

https://haaslawpllc.com/wp-content/uplo ... plaint.pdf