Antonio Brown - Alive & Well in TB?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:27 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:33 pm I dont really buy that this was Brown's plan all along. If he wanted to be a Pat he should have just gone to Buffalo and pulled his garbage there. They probably would have cut him for less than what the Raiders tolerated.
Of course it wasn't. Why would he prefer $9 million over $30 million?

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:51 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:27 pm
Bot101 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:33 pm I dont really buy that this was Brown's plan all along. If he wanted to be a Pat he should have just gone to Buffalo and pulled his garbage there. They probably would have cut him for less than what the Raiders tolerated.
Well he was scheduled to make $15M this year with Oakland, the same he could max out at in NE. Then he becomes a UFA in the offseason and theoretically gets another 2-3 year deal with $30M + guaranteed. So it could end up a wash for him financially, if not an increase in pay.

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:02 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:51 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:27 pm
Well he was scheduled to make $15M this year with Oakland, the same he could max out at in NE. Then he becomes a UFA in the offseason and theoretically gets another 2-3 year deal with $30M + guaranteed. So it could end up a wash for him financially, if not an increase in pay.
The big risk to Antonio Brown getting close to what he was guaranteed by the Raiders is Antonio Brown himself. If you believe what insiders of the Steelers say and what we have seen publicly since he joined the Raiders, the Patriots won’t put up with AB’s crap. The Steelers put up with his antics because he was the best WR in the NFL.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:12 pm

I'm just talking about the math of the money, obviously AB himself is a massive wild card and who knows what he does.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:23 pm

Kaz wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:26 pm I think one thing people are overlooking is how complex the Patriots system is. It usually takes players a while to get caught up on all the x's and o's. I could really see him struggling early on and throwing a temper tantrum about it.
You could be right that he is quiet initially. But you're going to be wrong in saying that he won't get it, or that he'll throw a temper tantrum as a result. Even the immortal Flash Gordon, noted stoner extraordinaire, picked it up with relative ease last year. There will be a handful of packages they'll install with AB where he has limited reads for the first few games, and then they'll build from there. You think he can't handle running nothing but slants, posts and go's for a few games?

You're acting like he:
a. hasn't done this his whole life
b. isn't one of the hardest working professionals in the game, now paired with perhaps the other hardest working pro in the game
c. has no concept of the NE system

Simmons related on his podcast today that when he came by and hung out this summer, he asked him "which offensive systems would be best for AB?" as a different take on "who are you going to sign with" and his answer was KC and NE.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Pats with all my heart - but if you don't think this is going to be a great fit, then I also have a bridge to sell you. They're going to move him all over the formation just like Tyreek Hill... Beli will know how to use him.

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Postby Kaz » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:22 am

mild wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:23 pm
Kaz wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:26 pm I think one thing people are overlooking is how complex the Patriots system is. It usually takes players a while to get caught up on all the x's and o's. I could really see him struggling early on and throwing a temper tantrum about it.
You could be right that he is quiet initially. But you're going to be wrong in saying that he won't get it, or that he'll throw a temper tantrum as a result. Even the immortal Flash Gordon, noted stoner extraordinaire, picked it up with relative ease last year. There will be a handful of packages they'll install with AB where he has limited reads for the first few games, and then they'll build from there. You think he can't handle running nothing but slants, posts and go's for a few games?

You're acting like he:
a. hasn't done this his whole life
b. isn't one of the hardest working professionals in the game, now paired with perhaps the other hardest working pro in the game
c. has no concept of the NE system

Simmons related on his podcast today that when he came by and hung out this summer, he asked him "which offensive systems would be best for AB?" as a different take on "who are you going to sign with" and his answer was KC and NE.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Pats with all my heart - but if you don't think this is going to be a great fit, then I also have a bridge to sell you. They're going to move him all over the formation just like Tyreek Hill... Beli will know how to use him.
It's fine to say that. It took Gordon a bit to pick it up, and I think Brown will pick it up eventually. What I'm saying is that AB throws tantrums when he isn't the one getting the ball. I could legitimately see the other WRs outproducing him early on, and him being upset about it thinking he has been "disrespected". I also think that NE won't put up with such things, so we'll see. The only thing I truly believe is that there will be more adjustment needed early on than people are thinking.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:29 am

Of course it took Gordon a while to pick it up, he's a dummy and couldn't grasp the Cleveland playbook when he was there.

AB is going to be great in New England, don't overthink it.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:55 am

What do you think his stat lie will be on the Pats?
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:58 am

Shcritters wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:55 am What do you think his stat lie will be on the Pats?
80/1047/8

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:02 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:58 am
Shcritters wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:55 am What do you think his stat lie will be on the Pats?
80/1047/8
This was going to be right around the range I was going to say, I would not be surprised if it was higher though.

jdacunha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdacunha » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:53 am

I don’t see how going to NE raises his value? In OAK, he would be the only real offensive threat and he would have been fed the ball 8-12 targets per game. In NE that will be cut in half with all the threats they have.

2019 line: 900-1000, 7-8 TDs. He will be a #2 WR for fantasy. Not a #1.

Also the guy is 31 years old. Everyone is ready to call the end of AJG’s career when this guy is the same age and a douche.
21 Players Dynasty-10 teams, (Non-PPR, 4 pts per passing TD)
QB: Justin Herbert, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance
RB:Najee Harris, Breece Hall, Cam Akers, Devin Singletary, Travis Etienne, N Hines, Jaylen Warren
WR: Jamar Chase, Dionte Johnson, Mike Williams, Allen Lazard, Rondale Moore, Kadarius Toney, Christian Kirk, R, Jakobi Meyers Devin Duvernay, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs
TE: Kyle Pitts, G Everett

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:58 am

CBA really needs to look at compensatory picks. If the Pats get a pick out of this, it's a joke, IMO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:47 am

jdacunha wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:53 am I don’t see how going to NE raises his value? In OAK, he would be the only real offensive threat and he would have been fed the ball 8-12 targets per game. In NE that will be cut in half with all the threats they have.

2019 line: 900-1000, 7-8 TDs. He will be a #2 WR for fantasy. Not a #1.

Also the guy is 31 years old. Everyone is ready to call the end of AJG’s career when this guy is the same age and a douche.
I agree with you but there is always that chance it works out and he goes absolutely bonkers. Or...this could be Ochocinco joining the Patriots, not Randy Moss. Like your projected stat line states, it’s more likely this is Brandin Cooks joining the Patriots.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:55 am

Now he's on twitter taking shots at Carr's brothers. So glad he never played a game for the Raiders.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:00 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:55 am Now he's on twitter taking shots at Carr's brothers. So glad he never played a game for the Raiders.
david carr was on tv taking shots at him before he ever got released. but you wanna hate on ab for responding. smh
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter