Antonio Brown - Alive & Well in TB?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Typhus
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby Typhus » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:21 am

lbouchard wrote:
Typhus wrote:Not just because of the new contract, but I have decided to keep Brown over Nicks, if thats any help on his value.
I think the Steelers see everything in Brown that they thought they had in Holmes.
You kept Brown over a top 5 dynasty WR? I think brown is being overrated. A major reason why he was able to do as well as he did was because Wallace was occupying the no. 1 CB, a safety, and opening a huge amount of room for Brown underneath. If Wallace holds out or is traded, Brown is forced into the no. 1 role and sees bracket coverage. I think the 2nd half of last year was his ceiling. Brown is a better route runner but Wallace is way more talented. If Wallace isn't with the Steelers, I'm not touching any steelers this year. Bad sign when your top RB and WR are stretched beyond capabilities

I did,, maybe I will regret the decision, but as of right now Nicks is recovering from a foot injury and Brown has NEVER had any injury history to date. Maybe a reach, but just have a feeling that Browns PPR ability will out weigh Nicks physical advantages over the long haul. Brown is a special talent, and I dismiss the comparison in bio. Its about FF points and Im rolling the dice that Brown ends up on top.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:38 am

dresden wrote:I can't imagine how pissed off Mike Wallace is right now. He's had several years of production and couldn't get a contract extension.
He could have gotten an extension if he really wanted one.
12-team, 24-man roster, QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1flex/K/TD
4pt passing TD, 6pt other TD, 1pt for 20 pass yards, 1pt for 10 rush/receive yards, no PPR

QB: Brees, Freeman, Kolb
RB: Mathews, JStew, DeAngelo, Redman, DCarter, Powell, Fannin
WR: Britt, AJ Green, Maclin, DBaldwin, EBennett, Knox, Simpson, Avery
TE: Witten, Moeaki, Tamme
K: Gostkowski
TD: Bears

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:53 am

Typhus wrote:
lbouchard wrote:
Typhus wrote:Not just because of the new contract, but I have decided to keep Brown over Nicks, if thats any help on his value.
I think the Steelers see everything in Brown that they thought they had in Holmes.
You kept Brown over a top 5 dynasty WR? I think brown is being overrated. A major reason why he was able to do as well as he did was because Wallace was occupying the no. 1 CB, a safety, and opening a huge amount of room for Brown underneath. If Wallace holds out or is traded, Brown is forced into the no. 1 role and sees bracket coverage. I think the 2nd half of last year was his ceiling. Brown is a better route runner but Wallace is way more talented. If Wallace isn't with the Steelers, I'm not touching any steelers this year. Bad sign when your top RB and WR are stretched beyond capabilities

I did,, maybe I will regret the decision, but as of right now Nicks is recovering from a foot injury and Brown has NEVER had any injury history to date. Maybe a reach, but just have a feeling that Browns PPR ability will out weigh Nicks physical advantages over the long haul. Brown is a special talent, and I dismiss the comparison in bio. Its about FF points and Im rolling the dice that Brown ends up on top.
whew...
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

lukeb
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby lukeb » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:37 pm

Typhus wrote: Brown is a special talent, and I dismiss the comparison in bio. Its about FF points and Im rolling the dice that Brown ends up on top.
If you consider Brown a special talent, I would love to know what you consider Wallace. He's much more talented thn Brown is. You don't finish top 10 3 straight years being double covered every single play without being an actual special talent
DLF Writer and Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter at dynastyluke

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:39 pm

lbouchard wrote:
Typhus wrote: Brown is a special talent, and I dismiss the comparison in bio. Its about FF points and Im rolling the dice that Brown ends up on top.
If you consider Brown a special talent, I would love to know what you consider Wallace. He's much more talented thn Brown is. You don't finish top 10 3 straight years being double covered every single play without being an actual special talent
Brown is without a doubt the more talented, all around WR. I've seen every snap of both careers. I'd much rather Brown, and apparently so do the coaches and front office.

Abspara
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Abspara » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:48 pm

steelman wrote:
lbouchard wrote:
Brown is without a doubt the more talented, all around WR. I've seen every snap of both careers. I'd much rather Brown, and apparently so do the coaches and front office.
I also agree with this assessment. First player in NFL history to have 1,000 receiving and 1,000 return yards and he was voted MVP of the Steelers last year, based off of 10 games worth of starting reps. Not 16 games, but 10.

Wallace is talented, no doubt. He'll find a place somewhere where he can be the big fish in the small pond. Steelers obviously don't want any part of that mentality.

lukeb
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby lukeb » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:01 pm

steelman wrote:
lbouchard wrote:
Brown is a better route runner but if you think he's more talented then we'll have to agree to disagree. Wallace is 1st in YPR and 4th in TD rate in the entire NFL over the last decade. He is more talented than Brown. Let's see how Brown does with double coverage on every play like Wallace does. Ben is above average QB but offense lacks playmakers without Wallace.
DLF Writer and Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter at dynastyluke

xlote
Starter
Starter

Postby xlote » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:49 pm

lbouchard wrote:
steelman wrote:
lbouchard wrote: If you consider Brown a special talent, I would love to know what you consider Wallace. He's much more talented thn Brown is. You don't finish top 10 3 straight years being double covered every single play without being an actual special talent
Brown is a better route runner but if you think he's more talented then we'll have to agree to disagree. Wallace is 1st in YPR and 4th in TD rate in the entire NFL over the last decade. He is more talented than Brown. Let's see how Brown does with double coverage on every play like Wallace does. Ben is above average QB but offense lacks playmakers without Wallace.

This is what the Brown lovers (I'm a Brown liker, lol) are missing, Wallace got doubled all the time. And as Mike Lombardi indicated on NFL network today, other teams have to game plan to ensure they can cover Wallace. That's a value in itself.

Also, reports are that the Steelers, while not meeting Wallace's asking price, offered him considerably more than they offered Brown.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:31 am

Great points. To take Brown over Nicks is insanity. I also don't think Brown will have quite the success if Wallace isn't there. He has proven nothing as a number one. Just ask Alvin Harper and Devin Hester,
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:43 am

Yea I like Brown, but as I suspected the love is out of control. It's purely ridiculous to try and claim Brown is the better WR when he had ONE good year feeding off of #2 corners and single coverage all season long. Brown could very well go on to continue to thrive, but that's assuming he can do have a repeat season when he has to get the teams best CB, safety help over the top, and coverage rolled his way. I'm not sure if some people just don't understand the concept of that or not, but when you have a guy as talented and as fast as Wallace it makes your life 10x easier playing opposite him.

It's also not unheard of that a guy has 1 good season then fall back to earth. It's hardly a given he can repeat those numbers. It's obvious some people are overlooking the affect playing with Wallace has on Brown, and while I fully recognize he's talented it's not as easy to just assume he'll just keep on ticking whenever Wallace leaves, after having only 1 good year of production. Wallace has been doing this for a long time now, and even as a rookie he was highly productive, Brown was barely part of the offense as a rookie so the sample size that we have to go off of is not big at all. I'm baffled as to why anyone would keep him over Nicks :confused:
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:43 am

Antonio Brown FROM?!?!?!?

FIRE UP CHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:17 am

Could Brown be a one year wonder? Of course. Just like Luck, RG3 and Richardson could all be busts, anything is possible. With that said, I've watched every snap of Brown's career, I've watched tape of him in practice, I've read scouting reports, I've watched tape of him in camp, etc. Everything points to him being a supremely talented player. It's not like he thrived just because Wallace faced a lot of double coverage. Brown thrived because he's a very talented WR. He runs very good routes, his timing is precise, he can fight off defenders, he can go up and get the ball in traffic and he's hard to bring down after the catch. Brown faced plenty of double coverage as well at times and he was able to beat the coverage.

Brown is very talented and I believe he will have a great career. Talent almost always wins out.

moen218
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby moen218 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:02 am

:wall: Brown over Nicks?!?!??? :roflma:

C'MON MAN!!
10-Team, PPR, All TDs 6pts, QB RB RB WR/RB WR WR TE/WR TE D/ST K
The Wes Coast is Wayne-N Crabs (4th Season)
QB - Brady EManning JFreeman
RB - MJD Sproles BWells RWilliams FJones JRodgers CGray JBell Woodhead
WR - White Welker Wayne Crabtree Ja.Jones CGivens JKerley Little DNelson
TE - Gronk Rudolf Myers
D - GB ATL
K - Bryant

2013 - #33, #48
2014 - 1, 3, 3, 4, 5
2015 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5[/color]

-------

10-Team, PPR, All TDs 6pts, QB RB RB RB/WR/TE WR WR TE/WR TE D/ST K
I've got a MOENer (1st Season)
QB - Ryan Cutler Locker
RB - Rice Sproles Beanie Tate JStew Quizz Turbin BPierce DRich Pead DHarris
WR - Calvin Julio Nicks Britt MWilliams DX DMoore Gordon Broyles VBrown
TE - Rudolph
D - GB ARI NE
K - Graham

2013 - #8, 13, 19, 23, 33, 48
2014 - 1,2,2,4,5

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:24 am

moen218 wrote::wall: Brown over Nicks?!?!??? :roflma:

C'MON MAN!!
I like Brown a lot, but I'd take Nicks every time. Nicks is a proven top 5, Brown isn't, period.

bobbytheo3
Starter
Starter

Postby bobbytheo3 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:25 am

I must have missed Nicks proving himself as a top 5.
___________________ is without a doubt the Fantasy Football guru of Philadelphia.