Antonio Brown - Alive & Well in TB?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:11 pm

That he is not remotely as profitable to the company as Kobe or Ronaldo, and not worth the investment.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:29 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:11 pm That he is not remotely as profitable to the company as Kobe or Ronaldo, and not worth the investment.
Logically sound. For me, it is more of a gut reaction that AB farts are not the only thing stinking about this situation.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:57 pm

The reason Nike or the helmet company acted faster is that they can cut bait without having having to deal with the NFLPA.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:35 am

So threatening texts sent by AB yesterday to the artist mentioned in the SI article. He included his lawyer and others in the text. Apparently attached pictures of the artists' kids to amp up the fear factor.

Exempt list ahoy! I also hope that artist presses charges and then sues his flatulent bleep off.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:25 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/RobertKlemko ... 0752839681

Even everything up to this point aside, this is bleep up. No matter what, you don't involve someone's kids

If the NFL doesn't excempt list him.... Oh who am I kidding. The only rule that matters to the nfl is don't let it get caught on vid. Bunch of profit above everything else hypocrites

If Patriots had any integrity they'd cut him. Hahahahahah at Patriots integrity
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:39 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:25 am https://mobile.twitter.com/RobertKlemko ... 0752839681

Even everything up to this point aside, this is bleep up. No matter what, you don't involve someone's kids

If the NFL doesn't excempt list him.... Oh who am I kidding. The only rule that matters to the nfl is don't let it get caught on vid. Bunch of profit above everything else hypocrites

If Patriots had any integrity they'd cut him. Hahahahahah at Patriots integrity
I really doubt the NFL does anything. As a Raiders fan, and someone who can't stand the Patriots, I wouldn't mind it at all, but I really doubt they do anything.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:40 am

PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:48 am

I just read the texts. What is intimidating about it? Not defending AB, but I'm not seeing anything intimidating, just him telling them to look into his accuser. Am I missing something?

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:49 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:48 am I just read the texts. What is intimidating about it? Not defending AB, but I'm not seeing anything intimidating, just him telling them to look into his accuser. Am I missing something?
The texts were sent to the accuser, with pictures of her kids.

So essentially - my boys are gonna be on you. And we know what your kids look like. Have a nice effin' day.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:52 am

Dookmarriot wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:49 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:48 am I just read the texts. What is intimidating about it? Not defending AB, but I'm not seeing anything intimidating, just him telling them to look into his accuser. Am I missing something?
The texts were sent to the accuser, with pictures of her kids.

So essentially - my boys are gonna be on you. And we know what your kids look like. Have a nice effin' day.
Ah, thank you.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:55 am

I can only imagine the outrage this would have caused if Tyreek sent text messages like that...

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:56 am

I’m scared that this Klemko fella is going to end up being a missing person if he keeps this up.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:25 am

Ray Finkle wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:56 am I’m scared that this Klemko fella is going to end up being a missing person if he keeps this up.
LOL. Too true. I doubt the NFL suspends him for this, they already said nothing was imminent after the 10 hour investigation, I doubt this turns the tide. However, AB's attorney should strongly consider confiscating his phone, and shutting down all social media. (Not that he'd be able to, obviously, just joking) AB can't get out of his own way. Not sure how he thought those messages helped his cause. :crazy:

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:02 am

This reminds of when LeSean McCoy was accused of hiring a guy to beat up his ex gf and steal back his jewelry...nothing ever came of that. Not saying Antonio Brown is a good person, but I'd be buying if I'm a contender in need of WR help...seems like you can get Brown for a 1st right now, maybe less.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:01 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:02 am This reminds of when LeSean McCoy was accused of hiring a guy to beat up his ex gf and steal back his jewelry...nothing ever came of that. Not saying Antonio Brown is a good person, but I'd be buying if I'm a contender in need of WR help...seems like you can get Brown for a 1st right now, maybe less.
I'd consider selling for a 2020 1st, but admittedly I'd label myself very risk adverse. The situation is making me somewhat nervous. That said, I'm not actively looking to sell given my team is off to a nice 4-0 start and I'll try to keep it rolling. (We play 22 games over 13 weeks)
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Xavier Hutchinson
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol: