Antonio Brown - Alive & Well in TB?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
thebeast
Legend
Legend

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby thebeast » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:30 pm

Actually all this is telling memos this is a great buy low opportunity to get Godwin or Evans. This feels a lot like the Rojo thread when Fournette was coming, all doom and gloom and then you know the guys is actually worth more now than before the FA acquisition.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:54 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:32 pm Most WRs aren't HOF talents and among the best to ever play the position either, which like him or not AB is.
Not to mention he is about 11 years younger than the Goat that simply loves to throw to open WR's.

To some, age is just a number. Not a fan of AB but he is simply one of the best ever to play WR. He might implode but he is better than any WR on Tampa and they have really good ones.

Brady threw it 45 times yesterday in a great performance. He is going to hit Brown a ton when he is on the field. Brady targeted Scotty Miller 9 times yesterday. Pretty sure A. Brown is way better.....just sayin.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:19 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:54 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:32 pm Most WRs aren't HOF talents and among the best to ever play the position either, which like him or not AB is.
Not to mention he is about 11 years younger than the Goat that simply loves to throw to open WR's.

To some, age is just a number. Not a fan of AB but he is simply one of the best ever to play WR. He might implode but he is better than any WR on Tampa and they have really good ones.

Brady threw it 45 times yesterday in a great performance. He is going to hit Brown a ton when he is on the field. Brady targeted Scotty Miller 9 times yesterday. Pretty sure A. Brown is way better.....just sayin.
But that was in a game where Mike Evans had 2 targets.

So, even if you sub Brown for Miller in this instance, someone is going to take a hit each game because of the wealth of talent. You just don't know who. It's a matter of what the defense is conceding. In this case, Evans was doubled some and still may be injured (who knows), so Brady went elsewhere.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:34 pm

Was Evans doubled? Didn't see that myself

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:41 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:34 pm Was Evans doubled? Didn't see that myself
He was on some plays. There were a few quotes after the game about it:

#Bucs WR Scotty Miller calls Mike Evans as one of the most unselfish players you'll ever see in the NFL. He gets doubled teamed, which opens up opportunities for everyone else.
https://twitter.com/PewterReport/status ... 1729828867

Head Coach Bruce Arians said with how they knew the Raiders were going to play Mike Evans, it was going to open up Scotty Miller for a big game.
https://twitter.com/CarmieV/status/1320505967356874752

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Postby dark_knite03 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:53 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:41 pm
Sriracha wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:34 pm Was Evans doubled? Didn't see that myself
He was on some plays. There were a few quotes after the game about it:

#Bucs WR Scotty Miller calls Mike Evans as one of the most unselfish players you'll ever see in the NFL. He gets doubled teamed, which opens up opportunities for everyone else.
https://twitter.com/PewterReport/status ... 1729828867

Head Coach Bruce Arians said with how they knew the Raiders were going to play Mike Evans, it was going to open up Scotty Miller for a big game.
https://twitter.com/CarmieV/status/1320505967356874752
Once the field consists of AB, Godwin and Evans this will not be the case. It's going to be very interesting to see how it unfolds.
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:00 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:19 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:54 pm

But that was in a game where Mike Evans had 2 targets.

So, even if you sub Brown for Miller in this instance, someone is going to take a hit each game because of the wealth of talent. You just don't know who. It's a matter of what the defense is conceding. In this case, Evans was doubled some and still may be injured (who knows), so Brady went elsewhere.

I like Evans and Godwin but Brown is going gobble up targets in a big way. He is a better player and can play inside or outside.

Could have said Fournette who had 7 targets and/or 4 others that totaled 6. On TE day Gronk chipped in another 8 targets and Brady threw it to no one 4 times. That is 25 targets right there not counting Miller's 9.

The point is A Brown for his career averages a ton of targets because is one of the best route runners to ever play and always open. He will get his and his QB is great at hitting the open player especially in the mid range passing game which is AB's wheel house.

No idea how long it will last but betting against him getting a ton of targets would be a fools bet IMO. I would guess the over/under in Vegas would be 8.6 per game if they were to set a target line.

I agree someone will take a hit some games but it most likely won't be Brown. I would think, TE's, RB's, and Evans would take a hit the most.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:39 pm

So are we expecting Brown who has missed almost 2 entire season to come in and get 8+ targets a game? After so long out he could be rusty and might need some time to get up to speed with the offence. I wouldn't bet on Brown walking in and being vintage Brown straight away.
After a few weeks all bets are off and he might explode, maybe a buy after the first few games?

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:45 pm

sorry, but AB is only going to be reinforcement for the playoffs. I highly doubt he will be an insta-factor with 9 weeks left.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:01 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:45 pm sorry, but AB is only going to be reinforcement for the playoffs. I highly doubt he will be an insta-factor with 9 weeks left.
I think he'll outproduce Evans from say week 10 on. Maybe not week 9, but he was an "insta factor" when he went to the Pats.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:06 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:01 pm
The Godwin Complex wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:45 pm sorry, but AB is only going to be reinforcement for the playoffs. I highly doubt he will be an insta-factor with 9 weeks left.
I think he'll outproduce Evans from say week 10 on. Maybe not week 9, but he was an "insta factor" when he went to the Pats.
When he went to the Pats he was sharing targets with..................??
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:20 pm

He's the perfect WR for Brady, he's going to lead TB in targets from week 9 on, if he stays in check of the field.

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:21 pm

Cowher called ab covid insurance.. thats where I'm at. Good player. Not what he was tho

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:55 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:06 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:01 pm
When he went to the Pats he was sharing targets with..................??
I stand by my assessment. I think he's a great fit with Brady. I think he will be involved. I can see WR2 numbers on a point per game basis. I have a feeling this offense is turning into a juggernaut. Brady is looking more comfortable, Gronk is back in footballl shape. I want the RB's in this offense, and Godwin, Gronk, AB I wouldn't mind either. Not sure about Evans. In best ball sure, but don't want to have to start him these days.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:58 pm

This thread is hilarious.

Also to the people trading Godwin for Lamb... can I join your league?
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1