Antonio Brown

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1821
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:25 am

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby captain howdy » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:19 pm

I agree. Done

In my job I see the term mental health or mental issues used very often. Perhaps too often .

But it's clear to me that ab suffers from something beyond narcissism or arrogance.

And frankly, he's had as many BIG head hits as anyone.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:46 pm

I just want to see a Twitter battle between AB and Trump.

Online
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10492
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:49 pm

He's going to get another chance, but no team is ever going to commit long-term to him unless the craziness stops. He still looks like a liability off the field.

blemly
Captain
Captain
Posts: 932
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:09 am

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby blemly » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:28 pm

captain howdy wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:19 pm
I agree. Done

In my job I see the term mental health or mental issues used very often. Perhaps too often .

But it's clear to me that ab suffers from something beyond narcissism or arrogance.

And frankly, he's had as many BIG head hits as anyone.
I disagree. Not done imo. (It’s all speculation anyway)
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Darnold
RB: CMC, Gibson, Sanders, Davis, Cohen
WR: DK, MT, Godwin, Chark, Samuel, Shepard, Mims
TE: Fant, Hurst, Knox
2.06, 2.08, 2.11

Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TE Prem:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Foles, Mullens
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen
WR: DJM, Sutton, Landry, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Trautman
2.05, 2.11, 2.13, 2.14

Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Cam
RB: Barkley, Jacobs, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Arob, Woods, Perriman, Shenault
TE: Gesicki, OJH

Team 4 (Rebuild): 12-team PPR SF TE Prem
QB: Watson, Stafford
RB: Dobbins, Swift, Akers, Gibson
WR: Lamb, Diontae, Pittman, Mims, Shenault, Campbell, Shepard
TE: Knox, Jarwin, Trautman
2021: 1.04, 1.10, 2.04, 2.08

Team 5 (Rebuild): 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak
RB: Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Pittman, Edwards, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Hamler
TE: Herndon, Gesicki
2021: 1.02, 1.03, 1.05, 1.06, 2.02

perkinsrooster
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1712
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:16 pm

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby perkinsrooster » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:21 pm

If he can still play, and I've seen nothing to suggest otherwise, he's not done yet.

User avatar
captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1821
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:25 am

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby captain howdy » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:00 am

Not sure I follow


He could certainly play for the raiders. Then he was gone.


He could play for the Patriots then he was gone.


His play is not the issue. His play is not the reason he's seen 3 teams in under a year


He has a mental issue that I have no confidence can be handled

I know what's posited. If he could just not talk. If he could just not post to social media.

If he could just have a strong locker room

The fact that is still being posited should tell you all you need to know. People are making excuses for him and his behavior and minimizing the source...Which I won't speculate on the source specifically but which caused this man to burn $30 million guaranteed.


And the stuff that he texted that woman is not only disgusting and reprehensible, but would corroborate her allegations in my mind. Probably in Goodells mind. So he's still got THAT going on

User avatar
esloan35
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1525
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:14 am

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby esloan35 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:26 am

captain howdy wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:00 am
Not sure I follow


He could certainly play for the raiders. Then he was gone.


He could play for the Patriots then he was gone.


His play is not the issue. His play is not the reason he's seen 3 teams in under a year


He has a mental issue that I have no confidence can be handled

I know what's posited. If he could just not talk. If he could just not post to social media.

If he could just have a strong locker room

The fact that is still being posited should tell you all you need to know. People are making excuses for him and his behavior and minimizing the source...Which I won't speculate on the source specifically but which caused this man to burn $30 million guaranteed.


And the stuff that he texted that woman is not only disgusting and reprehensible, but would corroborate her allegations in my mind. Probably in Goodells mind. So he's still got THAT going on
On point, he is done. Everyone loves a turnaround story, this case there is to much going on, its unfortunate.

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11962
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby Phaded » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:12 am

I would love to see him on the Saints for this playoff run, but if he gets signed he's probably getting tossed on the exempt list.

Apparently the Saints are interested in signing him but want to find out the stance of the league on him.
Someone reported (I believe Rapaport) that it is widely expected when he signs with a team, he will end up on the exempt list.

I think I also read something though about contracts over the playoffs and teams not being required to pay players due to the contacts being for the regular season or something crazy like that. Maybe someone with more knowledge of how NFL contracts work can shed some light on this. If true, the Saints could sign him for the playoffs and force the league to make their decision.

I don't think AB is done - the reason teams are not signing him is not because of him as a person, but moreso the fact that they might sign him only for him to get tossed on the exempt list.

He's one of the most talented WRs in the league, if not the most talented. Once the league finally gets off their lazy asses and comes to a decision, he'll end up somewhere.

User avatar
captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1821
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:25 am

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby captain howdy » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:34 am

Is "ab as a person" divisable from the reasons ab faces the exempt list?

Edit:. I should probably add I don't get enjoyment from the struggles he faces. I don't feel sorry for him, true. But I'm not doing backflips or high fiving anyone. I used to think it was somewhat humerous...but that was when I thought he was just a narcissist Butthead...now I think it's something more intricate

Online
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10492
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:20 pm

I'm not even sure the locker room matters at this point. He was traded to a team that was prepared to build their ENTIRE offense around him AND gave him the money he wanted. But, he still had issues and did dumb stuff.

He signed with a team that's always in the playoffs and in the mix for a SB, but he didn't tell the Patriots about the situation he had with the girl.

Brown is to the point where you either embrace the circus or you don't. He's not changing.

User avatar
Orenthal Shames
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4909
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:45 pm

16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 man rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Tannehill, Brees
RB: Kamara, Sanders
WR: Hill, DK, KA, Julio, Cooks
TE: Kelce, Kittle

User avatar
dynastyninja
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3308
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:57 am

It's amazing how truly stupid AB is. I'm honestly baffled.

Online
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10492
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:03 am

Jay Glazer said that when the Saints scheduled the workout with Brown, they specifically told him not to bring any of his entourage. So, Brown showed up with his entourage, camera crew, nutritionist, and trainer.

He said nothing is happening with the Saints and Brown, and implied the workout didn't go well.

User avatar
captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1821
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:25 am

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby captain howdy » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:34 am

Phaded wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:12 am

I think I also read something though about contracts over the playoffs and teams not being required to pay players due to the contacts being for the regular season or something crazy like that. Maybe someone with more knowledge of how NFL contracts work can shed some light on this. If true, the Saints could sign him for the playoffs and force the league to make their decision.
Also, just fyi,

But players do get paid during the playoffs but it isn't based off of contracts for the individual players it's just a set amount of money that was negotiated in the cba.

Still tens of thousands per game

steelman
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby steelman » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:56 pm

captain howdy wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:34 am
Phaded wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:12 am

I think I also read something though about contracts over the playoffs and teams not being required to pay players due to the contacts being for the regular season or something crazy like that. Maybe someone with more knowledge of how NFL contracts work can shed some light on this. If true, the Saints could sign him for the playoffs and force the league to make their decision.
Also, just fyi,

But players do get paid during the playoffs but it isn't based off of contracts for the individual players it's just a set amount of money that was negotiated in the cba.

Still tens of thousands per game
Yep. Playoffs are hugely profitable for teams, but the players do get a cut for sure.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], REPTAR, tresskid84 and 24 guests