Antonio Brown - Alive & Well in TB?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:39 am

I hate to say it, but I think Antonio will succeed in NE. BB referenced Moss about players who were problems supposedly, and I don't see those numbers, but I also think it's laughable that some people talk about the games where AB only gets 4 targets some games. The Pats are masterminds at developing game plans, and a generational WR who has shredded the NFL consistently, right up to last year is always going to be a part of that. AB isn't going to be a decoy so Rex Burkhead can thrive. He may get integrated slowly, but I expect them to target him in a cupcake matchup this weekend to get the kinks out. I just don't see AB being misused. As in, not being the focal point of the passing game, once he's up to speed. Sure, they have different approaches vs differnent opponents, but AB is always going to be a part of it. He's not some 2 bit RB or journeyman WR.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:26 am

Lotta good discussion about what’s going on. But what about what he’s worth? I can’t seem to nail anything down.

Went for a 2020 1st in one league, a 3rd in another. Debating putting in some kinda offer for my sig league but, I dunno.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:08 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:39 am I hate to say it, but I think Antonio will succeed in NE. BB referenced Moss about players who were problems supposedly, and I don't see those numbers, but I also think it's laughable that some people talk about the games where AB only gets 4 targets some games. The Pats are masterminds at developing game plans, and a generational WR who has shredded the NFL consistently, right up to last year is always going to be a part of that. AB isn't going to be a decoy so Rex Burkhead can thrive. He may get integrated slowly, but I expect them to target him in a cupcake matchup this weekend to get the kinks out. I just don't see AB being misused. As in, not being the focal point of the passing game, once he's up to speed. Sure, they have different approaches vs differnent opponents, but AB is always going to be a part of it. He's not some 2 bit RB or journeyman WR.
The concern is never what he'll actually do on the field. He's going to be good, but he's almost certainly going to see a drop in targets and production considering the wealth of weapons the Patriots have. I don't see him getting near 100 receptions.

The concern going forward is always going to be what he does off the field. He's potentially toxic right now. So, while you may get Top-20 production Brown at the WR position, the rug can be pulled from underneath you at any moment.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:53 am

The Pats are too strong to be affected by a toxic AB. Coach, Owner, QB, team culture, history of massive success. AB gonna B Gone if he doesn't toe Patriots Way.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:53 am

I think there’s a reasonable chance he lands on the exempt list after these meetings that are supposed to happen. Apparently there are saved texts that don’t look good. And I’m not sure how much patience old billy is going to have if he gets inundated with ab questions every presser. He seemed a little surly the last one I saw.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:10 am

Huh wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:53 am I think there’s a reasonable chance he lands on the exempt list after these meetings that are supposed to happen. Apparently there are saved texts that don’t look good. And I’m not sure how much patience old billy is going to have if he gets inundated with ab questions every presser. He seemed a little surly the last one I saw.
Without a criminal investigation or charges I don't see how the league can justify putting him on the exempt list. The NFLPA will fight that HARD to prevent the precedent of someone who is not facing any criminal charges being placed on the CEL. If actual criminal charges come out of this that certainly changes things, but so long as this remains a Civil matter it shouldn't be escalated to CEL.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:35 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:10 am
Huh wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:53 am I think there’s a reasonable chance he lands on the exempt list after these meetings that are supposed to happen. Apparently there are saved texts that don’t look good. And I’m not sure how much patience old billy is going to have if he gets inundated with ab questions every presser. He seemed a little surly the last one I saw.
Without a criminal investigation or charges I don't see how the league can justify putting him on the exempt list. The NFLPA will fight that HARD to prevent the precedent of someone who is not facing any criminal charges being placed on the CEL. If actual criminal charges come out of this that certainly changes things, but so long as this remains a Civil matter it shouldn't be escalated to CEL.
That all makes sense, but then why is the nfl bothering to meet with her. Are they just getting her side of the story for funsies. It seems like they wouldn’t bother if they weren’t thinking about there being a possible punishment.

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Postby dvpkwys » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:16 am

People starting him this week with confidence?
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:07 am

Looks like he will play today...so I think I am starting him. But feels like this saga will be a week to week kinda deal.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:19 am

Huh wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:35 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:10 am
That all makes sense, but then why is the nfl bothering to meet with her. Are they just getting her side of the story for funsies. It seems like they wouldn’t bother if they weren’t thinking about there being a possible punishment.
I think they are doing it for public image, TBH.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:20 am

I'm starting him.. but not with confidence.
If it wasn't against the Phins I would have probably taken the wait and see approach.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:10 am

Ian Rapoport says the Pats are planning on "feeding him early" to work him into the system and get him up to speed in game conditions. Certainly makes sense to give him a lot of reps in this game since they should win rather easily, ise it as a pseudo preseason game.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:51 am

I bet he destroys this week

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:11 am

Hope you guys bought if you had the chance.
lol

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:02 pm

I’m sure some of these guys are practically saints and we aren’t aware of it. I’m sure some of these guys are absolute dirt bags and we aren’t aware of it so I don’t get too caught up on the morality thing. I just watch football. However, it really irked me to see this guy out there in this awesome position. I can’t believe he got over. Maybe I’m just a hater.