Antonio Brown - Alive & Well in TB?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby jman3134 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:10 pm

ericanadian wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:45 pm
jman3134 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:03 pm Obviously, I only know as much about the case as you guys. To me, it seems as though she realized she had incriminating texts by an irate Brown, and used this as a basis to file a civil suit. The fact that she maintained contact with him after the fact (though she has admitted to this), adds some serious question marks to her testimony imho. This also takes into consideration what was mentioned here - that she had no police contact on this case. This, alone is not sufficient to throw out her accusation, but it certainly should raise some eyebrows imho. Let's wait and see what other evidence comes out though, before we judge either way.
Am I missing something, or was she not employed by him as a trainer? It’s a big decision to throw away your career over a rape you can’t prove. She wouldn’t be the first person to be raped by their boss and continue to go to work.
https://twitter.com/DarrenHeitner/statu ... 95233?s=09

This is one side of it, hence I am keeping an open mind.

According to this statement, she sought him out as a career move. They engaged in sex she claims was rape. Then she stays at his residence 10 days later and later has sex with him again. I'll wait to see what she has to say in response.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:09 pm

I just don't understand why she didn't try to criminally accuse him....call the police...report ...pursue charges. As a prosecutor, I see the most serious and mind-blowing sex accusations pretty frequently

The victims seek and often get the strong arm of the state to help them. Not pursued lightly, but when pursued...its very powerful and serious. She didn't pursue..or if she did I haven't seen it.

She just wants his money.

She doesn't want to put him away...protect future victims. She just wants money.

We all have not seen enough to actually caste a judgement here, but the allegations seems serious to me.

Just doesn't make sense

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:15 pm

blemly wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:25 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:55 am
It is also true that the publicity that this civil claim has/will generate will make the authorities rexamine the case, and perhaps if they dropped the ball the first time around (no pun intended, especially since we're talking about one of the surest hands in the game), they may decide to charge AB.
That’s not really how it works FYI. If she did bring this to the police and a prosecutor examined the facts and determined that they could not bring a charge against Brown, the fact that it is now in the news is not sufficient reason to re-examine the same evidence. New evidence must be brought for a prosecutor to reconsider whether to charge an individual. Perhaps there is new evidence and perhaps they are re-examining that evidence, but it would still take new evidence and not just publicity.
No blemly, that's not accurate

Possibly you are thinking of when a prosecutor has brought a case to Grand jury and failed to return a true bill.

But absent preliminary judicial or juror rulings nothing serves to limit prosecutorial discretion

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:20 pm

captain howdy wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:09 pm I just don't understand why she didn't try to criminally accuse him....call the police...report ...pursue charges. As a prosecutor, I see the most serious and mind-blowing sex accusations pretty frequently

The victims seek and often get the strong arm of the state to help them. Not pursued lightly, but when pursued...its very powerful and serious. She didn't pursue..or if she did I haven't seen it.

She doesn't want to put him away...protect future victims. She just wants money.

We all have not seen enough to actually caste a judgement here, but the allegations seems serious to me.

Just doesn't make sense
I admit, the timing is very peculiar. But, there's really no perfect timing for sexual assault/rape victims. It's not easy to just have it happen and then immediately open a case or tell someone.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:45 pm

I don’t really understand the timing argument. What does AB signing with New England mean to her? He was already rich and unless she hates the Patriots, I don’t really see any advantage to timing her accusations to his signing in New England. She could just has easily have been sick and tired of seeing his face posted everywhere (aren’t we all at this point?).
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:48 pm

ericanadian wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:45 pm I don’t really understand the timing argument. What does AB signing with New England mean to her? He was already rich and unless she hates the Patriots, I don’t really see any advantage to timing her accusations to his signing in New England. She could just has easily have been sick and tired of seeing his face posted everywhere (aren’t we all at this point?).
I concur.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:48 pm

ericanadian wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:45 pm I don’t really understand the timing argument. What does AB signing with New England mean to her? He was already rich and unless she hates the Patriots, I don’t really see any advantage to timing her accusations to his signing in New England. She could just has easily have been sick and tired of seeing his face posted everywhere (aren’t we all at this point?).
Because her case instantly becomes more believable, given the fact that he cast himself in the media as unhinged to get out of his Raiders contract. Half of twitter was claiming he has CTE for 2 weeks.
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
K:

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:05 pm

jman3134 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:48 pm
Because her case instantly becomes more believable, given the fact that he cast himself in the media as unhinged to get out of his Raiders contract. Half of twitter was claiming he has CTE for 2 weeks.
Just as it’s innocent until proven guilty it should be not a gold digger until proven so. There are a multitude of reasons this is the timing of the case. To assume nefarious intentions is folly.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:09 pm

I am assuming nothing. I'm stating based on the information available to me, which is limited at the moment. I'm merely explaining the logic here.
K:

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:01 pm

captain howdy wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:15 pm
blemly wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:25 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:55 am
It is also true that the publicity that this civil claim has/will generate will make the authorities rexamine the case, and perhaps if they dropped the ball the first time around (no pun intended, especially since we're talking about one of the surest hands in the game), they may decide to charge AB.
That’s not really how it works FYI. If she did bring this to the police and a prosecutor examined the facts and determined that they could not bring a charge against Brown, the fact that it is now in the news is not sufficient reason to re-examine the same evidence. New evidence must be brought for a prosecutor to reconsider whether to charge an individual. Perhaps there is new evidence and perhaps they are re-examining that evidence, but it would still take new evidence and not just publicity.
No blemly, that's not accurate

Possibly you are thinking of when a prosecutor has brought a case to Grand jury and failed to return a true bill.

But absent preliminary judicial or juror rulings nothing serves to limit prosecutorial discretion
I couched my statement to limit it to a situation where a prosecutor has been presented with evidence and made a determination not to pursue criminal charges. In that case, with only publicity bringing the case back into the headlines, is it not the case that absent new evidence a prosecutor will not typically re investigate his previous investigation?

If that is incorrect my apologies, I’m a civil litigator not a criminal one but that was my understanding
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:04 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:20 pm
captain howdy wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:09 pm I just don't understand why she didn't try to criminally accuse him....call the police...report ...pursue charges. As a prosecutor, I see the most serious and mind-blowing sex accusations pretty frequently

Just doesn't make sense
I admit, the timing is very peculiar. But, there's really no perfect timing for sexual assault/rape victims. It's not easy to just have it happen and then immediately open a case or tell someone.
I never questioned the timing.

Arguably, I questioned the purpose. But possibly she did report it. Seems like she didnt

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:17 pm

Apparently the process was started months ago so the speculating can cease.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:21 pm

K:

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:03 pm

jman3134 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:21 pm How did the Pats not know then?

https://sports.yahoo.com/as-patriots-sc ... 16302.html
The rotoworld blurb said that it was kept under wraps so nobody knew. If the patriots knew as the article says, well, can’t be mad about the circus.

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:48 am

Huh wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:17 pm Apparently the process was started months ago so the speculating can cease.
I would concur.

Just common sense...before you bring a lawsuit, you THREATEN a lawsuit...make a demand. Explain and see if it can be agreed prior to suit being filed.

I'm sure Britney has made her claim for at least a few months.

There is a reason too that Antonio was ready to roll with a lawyer ..a statement..and a countersuit

Possibly too, given the Cascade Antonio has been on for the last few months, that it was Britney's impending claims and lawsuit that started him on his trend....rather than the speculation that she is trying to take advantage of it.