Bo Scarbrough

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Bo Scarbrough

Postby CubfanAA » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:49 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:24 pm I'd look into Ryan Nall too. Montgomery has been downright bad and he was questionable last Sunday.
This seems like it's coming from somebody that hasn't watched the Bears games and just looked at stats. Montgomery has been fine or good....the Bears run blocking and run scheme has been atrocious. I've got nothing against picking up Nall as he looked decent in the preseason (and last preseason), but Montgomery has not been downright bad and I wouldn't expect Nall to do any better if Montgomery does miss time. If anything that would just give Nagy even more excuse to never run the ball than he already has.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:57 pm

CubfanAA wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:49 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:24 pm I'd look into Ryan Nall too. Montgomery has been downright bad and he was questionable last Sunday.
This seems like it's coming from somebody that hasn't watched the Bears games and just looked at stats. Montgomery has been fine or good....the Bears run blocking and run scheme has been atrocious. I've got nothing against picking up Nall as he looked decent in the preseason (and last preseason), but Montgomery has not been downright bad and I wouldn't expect Nall to do any better if Montgomery does miss time. If anything that would just give Nagy even more excuse to never run the ball than he already has.
I thought this would bring out some Monty lovers.

He's had exactly one productive game and has been dreadful in all others. It's not like he's the first RB to have a bad o-line. He has no burst to his game and he simply isn't doing much of anything, even in the passing game which has nothing to do with his o-line.

BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:32 pm

Bo looked pretty good on Sunday. I don't know if that means anything beyond that, but it's not like the Dallas run defense is bottom of the league or anything.

I know it might sound ridiculous since he just got there, but I could see Bo sticking around Detroit and being the thunder to Kerryon Johnson's lightening. Another season ending injury for KJ kind of ended the debate on if he can operate as a full time 3-down back. So the Lions need to have a second back getting a decent amount of carries next year. Unless the Lions spend a very high pick in 2020 on a RB (which they probably shouldn't), Bo very well could stick around past the 2019 season, especially if he keeps playing like he did against Dallas - so not a bad lottery ticket all.

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:00 pm

I'm starting both Jon Williams and bo Scarborough

I just suck at rb. Somehow still in the hunt

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:42 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:27 pm No long-term value ... he couldn’t stick as Zeke’s backup ... I see no chance that he becomes relevant.
I think Williams is the better player, Scarborough in the better situation going forward.

Watch Williams' run from last week. He looked really really good. Not just running forward and getting what's there. Lots of subtle, sharp cuts to get more than was blocked.

Meanwhile Detroit is probably looking for someone to share the load with Kerryon long-term at this point so Bo may be auditioning for it now. Patricia seems to like bangers (he even kept giving Blount carries). I think Mack has a more secure feature job going forward than Kerryon, although maybe they'll look to lighten Mack's load a bit as well since he keeps getting banged up too.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:47 am

Both these guys have been bouncing around various teams. Williams has been bouncing from active to practice squads while Scarborough got promoted a year and a half after he was eligible to be drafted.

Unless your focus is the rest of this year, situation is irrelevant. They could find themselves on another team's practice squad this offseason.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:55 am

So what do we think of Scarbrough as a player? He was obviously a high-profile college player @ Alabama, but didn't impress during pre-draft workouts and slipped to the 7th round. Bounced around in Dallas & Jacksonville before ending up Detroit. Gets the start in his first game with the team and produces 55 yards & a touchdown.

Went back and watched some film of his - both in college and his brief run in the NFL. It might be a lazy comparison, but he does look like a poor man's Derrick Henry. He's big, physical, north-south runner who can build up some real momentum after a few strides. But like Henry, he shows very little lateral agility and quick-twitch / stop-start ability. He's probably a liability in the passing game, though I haven't seen enough tape to make a determination.

For fantasy's sake, I'm intrigued with what he can do this week against a soft Washington run defense that is getting gashed for 134ypg so far this year. Detroit should remain competitive even without Stafford, so he could push for 15 - 20 touches in a plus matchup. Then again, maybe I'm putting too much stock into last week's role / performance from Bo.

Anyone follow Detroit closely and have any insight into how the backfield might shake out with Scarbrough / Ty Johnson / McKissic?
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:55 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:55 am It might be a lazy comparison, but he does look like a poor man's Derrick Henry. He's big, physical, north-south runner who can build up some real momentum after a few strides. But like Henry, he shows very little lateral agility and quick-twitch / stop-start ability. He's probably a liability in the passing game, though I haven't seen enough tape to make a determination.
I think this is an apt comparison. Another one I'd consider is LeGarrette Blount. While not a HoF candidate by any means, Blount had stretches of RB2 or even RB1 production in fantasy...and Matt Patricia loved Blount enough to give him a shot in DET. Best-case scenario, Scarbrough could end up getting some carries and goal-line work in DET and be a flex, kind of like Carlos Hyde has been in HOU this year.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

jdacunha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdacunha » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:04 pm

Solid game today.
21 Players Dynasty-10 teams, (Non-PPR, 4 pts per passing TD)
QB: Justin Herbert, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance
RB:Najee Harris, Breece Hall, Cam Akers, Devin Singletary, Travis Etienne, N Hines, Jaylen Warren
WR: Jamar Chase, Dionte Johnson, Mike Williams, Allen Lazard, Rondale Moore, Kadarius Toney, Christian Kirk, R, Jakobi Meyers Devin Duvernay, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs
TE: Kyle Pitts, G Everett

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:27 pm

Not surprising. Skins are 29th against the run. Let's see how he handles the next 2 games- vChicago, @Minnesota.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:15 pm

Another solid game. Had another nice run called back on a block in the back. Still, you can't ignore 20+ carries with 4+ ypc.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

Lincoln18
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Lincoln18 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:38 pm

Shankopotamus wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:15 pm Another solid game. Had another nice run called back on a block in the back. Still, you can't ignore 20+ carries with 4+ ypc.
Yep. Another solid game. I think he’s worth a 2nd and could be of help next year, too.