Thoughts on Rashaad Penny?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What's wrong with Penny?

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:34 pm

Froggystyle wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:27 pm I’ve heard he’s worth holding if you have him but I’m curious to know if anyone is actively trying to acquire shares of Penny at this time?
Of course he's worth holding, he's a first round NFL pick who's 4 games into his NFL career, and just had his most productive outing. It depends what it takes to acquire him. I certainly still believe in the talent, personally, but have to eat the reality that he may not be FF relevant any time soon. It doesn't hurt to float some offers out there, but I certainly would be trying to get a deal, not an early first value at this point, and hope the owner is panicky, but it comes down to whether or not you believe in his ability and his ability to shore up the deficiencies in his game that are keeping him off the field.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:23 pm

Froggystyle wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:27 pm I’ve heard he’s worth holding if you have him but I’m curious to know if anyone is actively trying to acquire shares of Penny at this time?
Id be pursuing but his owner is a massive Seahawks fan. No point in trying.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:51 am

Bot101 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:23 pm
Id be pursuing but his owner is a massive Seahawks fan. No point in trying.
He should know better than haha

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:04 am

Looks like a major bust ..I’m selling where I can ..he plays like Henry but with better hands ...
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Froggystyle
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Froggystyle » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:11 am

Tvols wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:04 am Looks like a major bust ..I’m selling where I can ..he plays like Henry but with better hands ...
He was at 5.4 yards per carry this past game and the 9yard loss due to the wilson handoff is included in that number. I think the bust label is harsh for a guy that is trending up
12 Team PPR Superflex
QB: Rodgers, L.Jackson, Foles
RB: Chubb, White, R.Freeman, Guice, Snell, D.Thompson
WR: Juju, Tyreek, Edelman, DJM, Mike Williams, Coutee, DK, Washington, DJohnson, Isabella
TE: OJ Howard, Henry, Olsen, Ian Thomas

Picks |2019: 3.04, 4.07 | 2020: 1st, 1st, 3rd

2018: 6-7; 3rd place finish in playoffs

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:41 am

Froggystyle wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:11 am
Tvols wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:04 am Looks like a major bust ..I’m selling where I can ..he plays like Henry but with better hands ...
He was at 5.4 yards per carry this past game and the 9yard loss due to the wilson handoff is included in that number. I think the bust label is harsh for a guy that is trending up
Penny has looked fine, but the bigger issue is the pass pro and he really stepped back by missing a month of training camp. I'm not surprised they are bringing him along slowly, this whole Mike Davis thing surprised me, though. People in general are way too quick to form judgments if a rookie doesn't fly out of the gate. I wonder how many people sold Melvin Gordon during or after his rookie year?

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:22 am

Maybe harsh but read the thread .lmany were calling him bell cow out of the gate.. it’s ok for one rb to start slow but not others.. seems some get the right to act like a rookie and others don’t. Bust form the fact that he a projected bell cow to start th season as a 3 down rb, hopefully this corrects itself as I like to see them all succeed...
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

koalabear
Captain
Captain

Postby koalabear » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:29 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:05 am I'm a concerned Penny owner. I have no watched any of the SEA games, so I don't know what's actually happening to him. Is he stinking it up? Is it the O-line? The schemes? Are Carson and Davis playing much better? Why isn't Penny getting more targets?

Seattle invested heavily in this kid, and it seems that something isn't right. RBs should deliver early.

Would be grateful for some input on the above.
He got fat
1. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE. Yr 7
QB: Murray, Stafford
RB: Dobbins, Sanders, Pearce
WR: Jefferson, Burks, JuJu
TE: Goedert, Everett
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

2. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE. Yr 6.
QB: Jackson, Allen
RB: Akers, CEH
WR: Chase, M Brown, Pittman, M Williams
TE: Tonyan, Hooper
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

3. 12 team superflex, PPR (WR/RB/TE 1/1.25/1.5). Start 1-2 QB, 1-7 RB, WR, TE. Yr 5.
QB: Jackson, Prescott, Brady
RB: Singletary, Harris
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Burks, Evans, Lockett
TE: Hockenson
2023: 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Froggystyle
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Froggystyle » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:35 pm

koalabear wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:29 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:05 am I'm a concerned Penny owner. I have no watched any of the SEA games, so I don't know what's actually happening to him. Is he stinking it up? Is it the O-line? The schemes? Are Carson and Davis playing much better? Why isn't Penny getting more targets?

Seattle invested heavily in this kid, and it seems that something isn't right. RBs should deliver early.

He got fat
Nice and concise. I like it.
12 Team PPR Superflex
QB: Rodgers, L.Jackson, Foles
RB: Chubb, White, R.Freeman, Guice, Snell, D.Thompson
WR: Juju, Tyreek, Edelman, DJM, Mike Williams, Coutee, DK, Washington, DJohnson, Isabella
TE: OJ Howard, Henry, Olsen, Ian Thomas

Picks |2019: 3.04, 4.07 | 2020: 1st, 1st, 3rd

2018: 6-7; 3rd place finish in playoffs

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:19 pm

koalabear wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:29 am

He got fat
I like how there can be countless hours of scouting, film research, data analysis, interviews, combine, etc, and yet success or failure can legitimately boil down to "he got fat." :lol:

The odd thing about it for me is supposedly he was this high character kid who never missed a practice in his life. Eating too many cheetos was just about the last of my concerns with him.

Rasorin
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rasorin » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:02 pm

They need to move Penny to the slot... penny slot.

If not, all that’s left to to trade Penny for a Buck Allen

At the end of the day maybe it’s the Seattle coaching staff. They have had Proisisely this issue in the past.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:12 pm

Rasorin wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:02 pm They need to move Penny to the slot... penny slot.

At the end of the day maybe it’s the Seattle coaching staff. They have had Proisisely this issue in the past.
Valhalla? Is that you?

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:12 pm
Rasorin wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:02 pm They need to move Penny to the slot... penny slot.

Valhalla? Is that you?
It’s certainly something I wish I could claim but I can’t afford another Penny. Maybe I can still claim it on credit?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:24 pm

Froggystyle wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:11 am
I've watched that play a few times. Wilson checked into that play when he saw the D. It was set up phenomenally well. There is a very good chance it was going to be a 14 yard TD had he not tripped when pitching the ball, and we could have been talking about Penny's first TD, but that's the way the game goes, instead it''s a 9 yard loss. I think the weight thing is an issue, but by the way Carroll spoke about it when he was at 236, they wanted him at that weight, perhaps to aid in pass pro? I think they realized it slowed him down too much, and he has now cut weight. It's perplexing, but Penny is still a talented player IMO, I don't like the 3 back thing they have going, it's a nightmare for everybody in FF, but hopefully Penny grows into a larger role as the year progresses.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:32 pm

Valhalla wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Bot101 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:12 pm

Valhalla? Is that you?
It’s certainly something I wish I could claim but I can’t afford another Penny. Maybe I can still claim it on credit?
Shame on him for Rashaading to judgement - hope he gives you a Penny for your aggravation. 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..