Cooper Kupp - Value Up?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Cooper Kupp is a WR1

Postby mild » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:49 pm

Phaded wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:47 pm lol..
Of course this got bumped.
How could it NOT? He's a WR1 after all.

Same sort of sentences and value-tiers as Tyreek Hill and Davante Adams. Probably wouldn't trade him for them, though... those guys are bums.

Why, did something bad happen? :lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:57 pm

Whether your on 1 side of the argument, or the other, it's 1 game. Mike Evans had a goose egg earlier this year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 pm

I remember when Tyreek was called boom or bust last year for a similar trend in points scored...

Kupps best game of the year sandwiched between 3 stinkers. Just saying it's funny how all the supporters come in after a bad game and say it was just 1 game! But then after a good game, come in and re crown him.

Seems a little hypocritical but it's dynasty, so if you think he's a #1 WR cool. I'm not paying those prices

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:08 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 pm I remember when Tyreek was called boom or bust last year for a similar trend in points scored...

Kupps best game of the year sandwiched between 3 stinkers. Just saying it's funny how all the supporters come in after a bad game and say it was just 1 game! But then after a good game, come in and re crown him.

Seems a little hypocritical but it's dynasty, so if you think he's a #1 WR cool. I'm not paying those prices
What I'm saying is that this game is an outlier (as was the game he had 220 yards the game before) This game should not affect how you view him as a player, regardless if you view him as a WR1 or not. I paid a late first for him, I don't really care whether people view him as a top 12 WR or not, TBH.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:14 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 pm I remember when Tyreek was called boom or bust last year for a similar trend in points scored...

We never de-crowned him, though.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:20 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:08 pm

What I'm saying is that this game is an outlier (as was the game he had 220 yards the game before) This game should not affect how you view him as a player, regardless if you view him as a WR1 or not. I paid a late first for him, I don't really care whether people view him as a top 12 WR or not, TBH.
So tell me if we're in agreement...

These last 4 games are all outliers.

His value is worth more than a late 1st

No way any owner gives him up for less than 2-3 1sts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:20 pm

I'd agree with that. There may be the odd owner that does trade him for less than 2 firsts, but that would not be common.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:00 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:46 pm

I'd agree with that. There may be the odd owner that does trade him for less than 2 firsts, but that would not be common.
Cool so his value is somewhere between a mid WR1 and low end WR2

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:53 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:00 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Cool so his value is somewhere between a mid WR1 and low end WR2
Yep.

fakespike13
Role Player
Role Player

Postby fakespike13 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:22 am

I can’t say this definitely but it seems that Pitt actually covered Kupp today with a talented DB rather than letting him run wild across the middle “covered” by zone LBers and shitty nickel backs. If defenses want to shut him down instead of Woods and Cooks it is apparently not that difficult. I think the LAR offense has been solved and thats not good news for Kupp. It’s laughable to put him in the same breath as Tyreek. Kupp feasts on being the forgotten WR in 3 wide sets. Hill is literally uncoverable.
Auesome Ekcellent
2013, 2017, 2018 Champ
16 team PPR, 20 man rosters + 10 player taxi, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, TE, D, K

QB: Wilson, Mayfield, Lance, Hill
RB: Kamara, Cook, Ekeler, CEH, Akers, Mattison, Ty Johnson, Funk, Nwangwu
WR: Tyreek, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Aiyuk, Golladay, Chark, Edwards, Shenault, Palmer, Dyami
TE: Kittle, Thomas

2022: 1,2,3,4,5

Irrational Integers
12 team SF
QB: Prescott, Watson, Minshew, D Jones, Newton
RB: Swift, J Williams, Akers, Cordarrelle, Mitchell
WR: Waddle, E Moore, Claypool, Patterson, R Moore, Bourne, Callaway, Treadwell
TE: Goedert, Shultz, Tonyan, Moreau, Parham

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:55 am

fakespike13 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:22 am I can’t say this definitely but it seems that Pitt actually covered Kupp today with a talented DB rather than letting him run wild across the middle “covered” by zone LBers and shitty nickel backs. If defenses want to shut him down instead of Woods and Cooks it is apparently not that difficult. I think the LAR offense has been solved and thats not good news for Kupp. It’s laughable to put him in the same breath as Tyreek. Kupp feasts on being the forgotten WR in 3 wide sets. Hill is literally uncoverable.
I think pass rush might have had something to do with it. That and the fact the Rams have a terrible OL, and not much of a running game. They were totally outmatched at the LOS today. Kupp has been productive since he entered the league. He's more than some extra WR who gets lost in the mix.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:00 am

ckrumm24 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:45 pm
territdown33 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:32 am
trc wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:17 am

Context really matters.
If the Adams owner is contender then Kupp will most likely be the better play this year out. It is not like Kupp is a 1-year rental.
But if the Adams owner doesn't like Kupp for some reason, then it will be a tough sell.

In general if you talk value in a vacuum, I agree - the approacher should add something. But it is never in vacuum, perhaps off season is.
I really don’t get how some don’t get very simple concepts. Put it this way;

If you are actively trying to sell your house on the market and reaching out to potential buyers and your offering up a similar value house (age, location etc) you generally need to add some sort of incentive/sweetener to close the deal. Your screaming to the other owner, I for whatever reason like/value your house more than mine and I want to trade.

On the other hand if you have a house and not actively shopping it (ie people are coming to you with offers) you should expect to get above market value for that house since that owner is not looking to move.

Thinking 1 for 1 positional trades for players of similar age/value actually work is part of the reason trading is so damm hard and frustrating with owners who share these beliefs.
We are in kindergarten and the Teachers pass out snacks. Johnny has a cookie. Timmy has cake. Both Johnny and Timmy like each food to some degree but Johnny asks Timmy if he wants to trade and he accepts. Sure, Timmy COULD ask for a Nickle because he clearly knows Johnny wants that damn delicious chocolate forest cake, but he doesn’t because he likes the cookie more than the cake anyway. Even if he did counter, Johnny doesn’t need to accept with the sweetener and we are back to the original offer.

Ps I just rejected an OBJ offer straight up for my Kupp.
Reading this back and forth makes me laugh.

vflgladiators
Captain
Captain

Postby vflgladiators » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:53 am

I don't think he gets lost in the mix. I just think Goff and the LA Oline are that bad that they are forced to dump off to Kupp every other play.
Team 1
12 team. PPR. 6pts all TDs. Long TD bonus. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1DEF
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Sam Howell, Kyle Trask
RBs: Rhamondre Stevenson, Keaontay Ingram, Kyren Williams, Isaiah Spiller
WR/TEs: Jahan Dotson, Kyle Pitts, Diontae Johnson, Elijah Moore, Rashod Bateman, John Metchie
K: Carlson, Boswell
DST: Patriots, Steelers
Picks: 1.3, 1.5, 1.8, 1.9, 1.11, 2.4, 3.1
2019 Champ

Team 2
12 Team Superflex. PPR. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1SFlex, 1K, 1Def
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Howell, Brissett, Darnold
RBs: Kamara, Mattison, L. Murray, Fournette
WRs: Chase, Diontae Johnson, Toney, Dortch
TEs: Kelce, Dulcich, Juwan Johnson, Ertz
Ks: Tucker
DST: Colts, Jaguars
Picks: 1.8, 3.9
2022 Champ

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:58 am

It's so confusing, is he Steve Largent or Michael Clayton???

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:34 pm

perkinsrooster wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:58 am It's so confusing, is he Steve Largent or Michael Clayton???
He is Cooper Frigging Kupp and he is mad at the world today! :D
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts