Cooper Kupp is a WR1

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
mild
Starter
Starter
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Location: Bottom of the World

Re: Cooper Kupp is a WR1

Postby mild » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:41 pm

Awfully quiet in here today. Let's see some receipts!
Ice wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:04 pm
mild wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:19 pm
pvillebiker wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:09 pm
Having said that, it's really tough to pass on Adams while his value is down. What to do, what to do...
Christ, pull the f-ing trigger! You Kupp-boys are outta your minds :shock:
I can see the offer and the hesitation but Adams is the better player; He is probably the very best route runner in the game today with a better QB.

At some point teams will shadow Kupp with their best DB and that could hurt his production. Adams already dominates against most teams best DB.
QFT.
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:28 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:20 pm
Think it may have been a little early to call him a WR1
this didn't age very well.

he's been a wr1 since the opening game of his second season. and he will stay there for years and years.
Maybe, maybe not.
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:35 pm
no db can hang with kupp. that's why he's open most of the time.
... but I'll gladly throw ice cold water on this one. Turns out if you put a good DB on him, he's just as mortal as anyone else.

perkinsrooster
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1358
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:16 pm

Re: Cooper Kupp is a WR1

Postby perkinsrooster » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:44 pm

He's a roster clogger, I'm releasing him.

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11814
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Cooper Kupp is a WR1

Postby Phaded » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:47 pm

lol..
Of course this got bumped.
Do you want a logical debate?
You are in the wrong place.

User avatar
mild
Starter
Starter
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Location: Bottom of the World

Re: Cooper Kupp is a WR1

Postby mild » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:49 pm

Phaded wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:47 pm
lol..
Of course this got bumped.
How could it NOT? He's a WR1 after all.

Same sort of sentences and value-tiers as Tyreek Hill and Davante Adams. Probably wouldn't trade him for them, though... those guys are bums.

Why, did something bad happen? :lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11303
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Cooper Kupp is a WR1

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:57 pm

Whether your on 1 side of the argument, or the other, it's 1 game. Mike Evans had a goose egg earlier this year.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

Jigga94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6156
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Cooper Kupp is a WR1

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 pm

I remember when Tyreek was called boom or bust last year for a similar trend in points scored...

Kupps best game of the year sandwiched between 3 stinkers. Just saying it's funny how all the supporters come in after a bad game and say it was just 1 game! But then after a good game, come in and re crown him.

Seems a little hypocritical but it's dynasty, so if you think he's a #1 WR cool. I'm not paying those prices
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Baker, D. Jones, Minshew, Luck (IR)
RB: Sony, D. Freeman, Penny, Mostert, J. Jackson, Snell, Gus
WR: Tyreek, Julio, D.J. Moore, Cooks, Hollywood, C. Davis, MVS, Parris, Dorsett, Preston (IR)
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant, Irv
2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 4

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Dak, Ryan, Foles, Minshew, Cam (IR)
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Hunt, Penny, J. Samuels, J. Jackson
WR: D.J. Moore, Mike Will, Hollywood, Deebo, C. Davis, MVS, Diontae, Lazard, AB, Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Henry, Jonnu, Gesicki
2020: 1, 2, 2
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11303
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Cooper Kupp is a WR1

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:08 pm

Jigga94 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 pm
I remember when Tyreek was called boom or bust last year for a similar trend in points scored...

Kupps best game of the year sandwiched between 3 stinkers. Just saying it's funny how all the supporters come in after a bad game and say it was just 1 game! But then after a good game, come in and re crown him.

Seems a little hypocritical but it's dynasty, so if you think he's a #1 WR cool. I'm not paying those prices
What I'm saying is that this game is an outlier (as was the game he had 220 yards the game before) This game should not affect how you view him as a player, regardless if you view him as a WR1 or not. I paid a late first for him, I don't really care whether people view him as a top 12 WR or not, TBH.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

hoos89
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3730
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: Cooper Kupp is a WR1

Postby hoos89 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:14 pm

Jigga94 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 pm
I remember when Tyreek was called boom or bust last year for a similar trend in points scored...

Kupps best game of the year sandwiched between 3 stinkers. Just saying it's funny how all the supporters come in after a bad game and say it was just 1 game! But then after a good game, come in and re crown him.

Seems a little hypocritical but it's dynasty, so if you think he's a #1 WR cool. I'm not paying those prices
We never de-crowned him, though.
Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
Wentz, Minshew, Bridgewater, Haskins
Jacobs, Michel, D. Harris, Richard, Gaskin
DJ Moore, Sutton, Kupp, Kirk, Deebo, Dorsett, J. Gordon, Lee, Lazard
OJ Howard, Hockenson, Herndon
IR(2): Love, McKinnon
Taxi(4): MVS
2020 Picks: 1.03, 1.05, 1.x, 1.x, 2.03, 2.x, 2.x, 3.05, 3.x, 4.03, 5.03

Team 3: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
Ryan, Bridgewater, Tannehill
Gurley, Barber, M. Brown, Miller, McKinnon, Ito, J. Jackson, R. Anderson, Richard, Edmunds
Thomas, Cooks, Watkins, Anderson, Beasley, Foster, Doctson, KeeSean, Lazard, Treadwell
Hooper, Herndon, Witten, Reed
2020 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.06, 1.x, 1.x, 2.x, 2.x

Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Jigga94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6156
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Cooper Kupp is a WR1

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:20 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:08 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 pm
I remember when Tyreek was called boom or bust last year for a similar trend in points scored...

Kupps best game of the year sandwiched between 3 stinkers. Just saying it's funny how all the supporters come in after a bad game and say it was just 1 game! But then after a good game, come in and re crown him.

Seems a little hypocritical but it's dynasty, so if you think he's a #1 WR cool. I'm not paying those prices
What I'm saying is that this game is an outlier (as was the game he had 220 yards the game before) This game should not affect how you view him as a player, regardless if you view him as a WR1 or not. I paid a late first for him, I don't really care whether people view him as a top 12 WR or not, TBH.
So tell me if we're in agreement...

These last 4 games are all outliers.

His value is worth more than a late 1st

No way any owner gives him up for less than 2-3 1sts
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Baker, D. Jones, Minshew, Luck (IR)
RB: Sony, D. Freeman, Penny, Mostert, J. Jackson, Snell, Gus
WR: Tyreek, Julio, D.J. Moore, Cooks, Hollywood, C. Davis, MVS, Parris, Dorsett, Preston (IR)
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant, Irv
2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 4

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Dak, Ryan, Foles, Minshew, Cam (IR)
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Hunt, Penny, J. Samuels, J. Jackson
WR: D.J. Moore, Mike Will, Hollywood, Deebo, C. Davis, MVS, Diontae, Lazard, AB, Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Henry, Jonnu, Gesicki
2020: 1, 2, 2
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11303
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Cooper Kupp is a WR1

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Jigga94 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:20 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:08 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 pm
I remember when Tyreek was called boom or bust last year for a similar trend in points scored...

Kupps best game of the year sandwiched between 3 stinkers. Just saying it's funny how all the supporters come in after a bad game and say it was just 1 game! But then after a good game, come in and re crown him.

Seems a little hypocritical but it's dynasty, so if you think he's a #1 WR cool. I'm not paying those prices
What I'm saying is that this game is an outlier (as was the game he had 220 yards the game before) This game should not affect how you view him as a player, regardless if you view him as a WR1 or not. I paid a late first for him, I don't really care whether people view him as a top 12 WR or not, TBH.
So tell me if we're in agreement...

These last 4 games are all outliers.

His value is worth more than a late 1st

No way any owner gives him up for less than 2-3 1sts
I'd agree with that. There may be the odd owner that does trade him for less than 2 firsts, but that would not be common.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

Jigga94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6156
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Cooper Kupp is a WR1

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:00 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:46 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:20 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:08 pm


What I'm saying is that this game is an outlier (as was the game he had 220 yards the game before) This game should not affect how you view him as a player, regardless if you view him as a WR1 or not. I paid a late first for him, I don't really care whether people view him as a top 12 WR or not, TBH.
So tell me if we're in agreement...

These last 4 games are all outliers.

His value is worth more than a late 1st

No way any owner gives him up for less than 2-3 1sts
I'd agree with that. There may be the odd owner that does trade him for less than 2 firsts, but that would not be common.
Cool so his value is somewhere between a mid WR1 and low end WR2
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Baker, D. Jones, Minshew, Luck (IR)
RB: Sony, D. Freeman, Penny, Mostert, J. Jackson, Snell, Gus
WR: Tyreek, Julio, D.J. Moore, Cooks, Hollywood, C. Davis, MVS, Parris, Dorsett, Preston (IR)
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant, Irv
2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 4

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Dak, Ryan, Foles, Minshew, Cam (IR)
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Hunt, Penny, J. Samuels, J. Jackson
WR: D.J. Moore, Mike Will, Hollywood, Deebo, C. Davis, MVS, Diontae, Lazard, AB, Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Henry, Jonnu, Gesicki
2020: 1, 2, 2
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11303
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Cooper Kupp is a WR1

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:53 pm

Jigga94 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:00 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:46 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:20 pm


So tell me if we're in agreement...

These last 4 games are all outliers.

His value is worth more than a late 1st

No way any owner gives him up for less than 2-3 1sts
I'd agree with that. There may be the odd owner that does trade him for less than 2 firsts, but that would not be common.
Cool so his value is somewhere between a mid WR1 and low end WR2
Yep.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

User avatar
fakespike13
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 334
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:01 am

Re: Cooper Kupp is a WR1

Postby fakespike13 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:22 am

I can’t say this definitely but it seems that Pitt actually covered Kupp today with a talented DB rather than letting him run wild across the middle “covered” by zone LBers and shitty nickel backs. If defenses want to shut him down instead of Woods and Cooks it is apparently not that difficult. I think the LAR offense has been solved and thats not good news for Kupp. It’s laughable to put him in the same breath as Tyreek. Kupp feasts on being the forgotten WR in 3 wide sets. Hill is literally uncoverable.
The Jaggernaut
2013, 2017, 2018 Champ
16 team PPR, 20 man rosters + 10 player taxi, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, TE, D, K

QB: Wilson, Mayfield
RB: Kamara, Cook, Fournette, Ekeler, Lindsay, Duke
WR: Tyreek, Lockett, Golladay, Diggs, Chark, Lazard
TE: Kittle, Herndon
D: Jags, Saints
K: Butker

Taxi squad: McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Samuels, JJAW, Ty Johnson, Scotty Miller, Homer, Boone, Sims, Love, Warring, Laird, Lovett
2020: 1,2,2,3,4,4,5. 2021: 1,2,3,4,5

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11303
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Cooper Kupp is a WR1

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:55 am

fakespike13 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:22 am
I can’t say this definitely but it seems that Pitt actually covered Kupp today with a talented DB rather than letting him run wild across the middle “covered” by zone LBers and shitty nickel backs. If defenses want to shut him down instead of Woods and Cooks it is apparently not that difficult. I think the LAR offense has been solved and thats not good news for Kupp. It’s laughable to put him in the same breath as Tyreek. Kupp feasts on being the forgotten WR in 3 wide sets. Hill is literally uncoverable.
I think pass rush might have had something to do with it. That and the fact the Rams have a terrible OL, and not much of a running game. They were totally outmatched at the LOS today. Kupp has been productive since he entered the league. He's more than some extra WR who gets lost in the mix.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11303
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Cooper Kupp is a WR1

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:00 am

ckrumm24 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:45 pm
territdown33 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:32 am
trc wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:17 am


Context really matters.
If the Adams owner is contender then Kupp will most likely be the better play this year out. It is not like Kupp is a 1-year rental.
But if the Adams owner doesn't like Kupp for some reason, then it will be a tough sell.

In general if you talk value in a vacuum, I agree - the approacher should add something. But it is never in vacuum, perhaps off season is.
I really don’t get how some don’t get very simple concepts. Put it this way;

If you are actively trying to sell your house on the market and reaching out to potential buyers and your offering up a similar value house (age, location etc) you generally need to add some sort of incentive/sweetener to close the deal. Your screaming to the other owner, I for whatever reason like/value your house more than mine and I want to trade.

On the other hand if you have a house and not actively shopping it (ie people are coming to you with offers) you should expect to get above market value for that house since that owner is not looking to move.

Thinking 1 for 1 positional trades for players of similar age/value actually work is part of the reason trading is so damm hard and frustrating with owners who share these beliefs.
We are in kindergarten and the Teachers pass out snacks. Johnny has a cookie. Timmy has cake. Both Johnny and Timmy like each food to some degree but Johnny asks Timmy if he wants to trade and he accepts. Sure, Timmy COULD ask for a Nickle because he clearly knows Johnny wants that damn delicious chocolate forest cake, but he doesn’t because he likes the cookie more than the cake anyway. Even if he did counter, Johnny doesn’t need to accept with the sweetener and we are back to the original offer.

Ps I just rejected an OBJ offer straight up for my Kupp.
Reading this back and forth makes me laugh.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A-train, Forza_Azzurri, IZigUZag, nathanq42, steelman and 7 guests