Cooper Kupp - Value Up?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Cooper Kupp is a WR1

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:41 pm

perkinsrooster wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:09 pm Remember that time when people thought Michael Thomas was only good because of Brees?
Thomas and Kupp don't have similar roles at all. One faces WR1 coverage and the other doesn't.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:06 pm

I finally caved and gave up Kupp for TD-less Adams. Hoping he's over the TT and comes back strong for my down-the-stretch run. Definitely a short-term risk for a contender, but am inspired by Aaron Rodger's resurgence.

Kupp will always have a special place. lol have him in 1 other league too.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:19 pm

thebeast wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:16 am
hoos89 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:40 pm
pvillebiker wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:22 pm

hard pass. keep Kupp or aim higher. ideas:

Kupp for JuJu (most JuJu'ers are down on him now at least until next season... for good reason)

Kupp for Adams (yeah, still working on getting that one down me-self)

Kupp + ? for Hopkins. not as crazy as it was a few weeks ago.

best of luck!
I've already sent Kupp for Adams...also sent Kupp + late first for Hopkins. Not sure whether Kupp isn't more valuable than JuJu at this point, and the owner is .500, barely in the playoffs (6 of 6), 6ppg behind 5th and 22.5 behind 1st. Not sure he'd go for JuJu+ for Kupp...but maybe worth asking?
I think it's hard to sell high on a guy when you are shopping him. Making an offer of Kupp for Adams is basically saying "I don't think Kupp will continue this production and I think Adams is better, are you dumb enough to think Kupp is better?" You need to express interest in Adams and then later work Kupp into the conversation, like... Hm, I know you wanted picks and players for Adams... I might consider moving Kupp if Adams is coming back, how do you feel about Kupp?

Positional 1-1 offers always seem off to me as it's basically saying that I like your player more than the one I'm offering. Unless of course it's a team construction type thing like sending Julio to a contender for like Sutton on a rebuilding team.
yes, I like to assume all of my league mates as dunces waking up from a drunken stupor instead of just regular dudes that play fantasy football and have set values on all players. If this "gotcha!" crud works you should probably join a better league.

Champ224
Captain
Captain

Postby Champ224 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:03 pm

I've already sent Kupp for Adams...also sent Kupp + late first for Hopkins. Not sure whether Kupp isn't more valuable than JuJu at this point, and the owner is .500, barely in the playoffs (6 of 6), 6ppg behind 5th and 22.5 behind 1st. Not sure he'd go for JuJu+ for Kupp...but maybe worth asking?
[/quote]
I think it's hard to sell high on a guy when you are shopping him. Making an offer of Kupp for Adams is basically saying "I don't think Kupp will continue this production and I think Adams is better, are you dumb enough to think Kupp is better?"

😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 couldn’t of said it better so true

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:18 pm

Considering Adams' struggles this year, that characterization doesn't make sense to me. Adams is a buy-low right now relative to what his pricetag was before the '19 season started. There exist leagues in which the Adams owner is worrying that his '18 season will end up a one-year wonder, and will be tempted to jump ship to a player that's currently waxing.

So, in that scenario...

"I doubt Kupp will continue this production and I think Adams will return to his '18 form sooner or later; if your views are inverted to mine then this is a logical trade for us."
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ckrumm24
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ckrumm24 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:42 am

Krypto_King wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:19 pm
thebeast wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:16 am
hoos89 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:40 pm

I think it's hard to sell high on a guy when you are shopping him. Making an offer of Kupp for Adams is basically saying "I don't think Kupp will continue this production and I think Adams is better, are you dumb enough to think Kupp is better?" You need to express interest in Adams and then later work Kupp into the conversation, like... Hm, I know you wanted picks and players for Adams... I might consider moving Kupp if Adams is coming back, how do you feel about Kupp?

Positional 1-1 offers always seem off to me as it's basically saying that I like your player more than the one I'm offering. Unless of course it's a team construction type thing like sending Julio to a contender for like Sutton on a rebuilding team.
yes, I like to assume all of my league mates as dunces waking up from a drunken stupor instead of just regular dudes that play fantasy football and have set values on all players. If this "gotcha!" crud works you should probably join a better league.
I was going to say something similar. What feeble minded people are you playing with? And as someone else said, people have different opinions.
12 team IDP Salary Cap w/ contracts 40 man roster + 20 taxi spots | 4 year max contract w/ Franchise(1)/Transition(2)/RFA Tags). Mostly mirrors real NFL.

Full Roster:
https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... =0008&O=07

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:25 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:18 pm Considering Adams' struggles this year, that characterization doesn't make sense to me. Adams is a buy-low right now relative to what his pricetag was before the '19 season started. There exist leagues in which the Adams owner is worrying that his '18 season will end up a one-year wonder, and will be tempted to jump ship to a player that's currently waxing.

So, in that scenario...

"I doubt Kupp will continue this production and I think Adams will return to his '18 form sooner or later; if your views are inverted to mine then this is a logical trade for us."
Exactly...the Adams owner doesn't need to be dumb to accept that offer. Maybe I'm the dumb one for offering it. The characterization of this trade offer as a "gotcha" offer is unnecessarily cynical.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:39 pm

hoos89 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:25 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:18 pm Considering Adams' struggles this year, that characterization doesn't make sense to me. Adams is a buy-low right now relative to what his pricetag was before the '19 season started. There exist leagues in which the Adams owner is worrying that his '18 season will end up a one-year wonder, and will be tempted to jump ship to a player that's currently waxing.

So, in that scenario...

Exactly...the Adams owner doesn't need to be dumb to accept that offer. Maybe I'm the dumb one for offering it. The characterization of this trade offer as a "gotcha" offer is unnecessarily cynical.
But that's exactly what it is. You think you are selling Kupp high and buying Adams low. You can characterize it however you like if it makes you feel better, but it is nonsensical to think other owners don't realize that Kupp is overachieving vs expecations and Adams is underachieving and I am sure if the Adams owner wanted to make a trade for Kupp he would come to you.

If you prefer my position player to yours then I expect you to be adding something to the offer unless your player is significantly "accepted" as being more valuable and you are looking for my player plus to downgrade.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:43 pm

thebeast wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:39 pm

So, in that scenario...

But that's exactly what it is. You think you are selling Kupp high and buying Adams low. You can characterize it however you like if it makes you feel better, but it is nonsensical to think other owners don't realize that Kupp is overachieving and Adams is underachieving and I am sure if the Adams owner wanted to make a trade for Kupp he would come to you.

If you prefer my position player to yours then I expect you to be adding something to the offer unless your player is significantly "accepted" as being more valuable and you are looking for my player plus to downgrade.
Or the other owner thinks for him/her self and thinks Kupp will continue this and Adams last year was a fluke or that he's injury prone. The reason trades happen in dynasty for the most part is because ppl have different valuations of players. If everyone thought the same thing on players there would be very little trading.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:23 pm

djeternal2 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:43 pm
thebeast wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:39 pm

But that's exactly what it is. You think you are selling Kupp high and buying Adams low. You can characterize it however you like if it makes you feel better, but it is nonsensical to think other owners don't realize that Kupp is overachieving and Adams is underachieving and I am sure if the Adams owner wanted to make a trade for Kupp he would come to you.

Or the other owner thinks for him/her self and thinks Kupp will continue this and Adams last year was a fluke or that he's injury prone. The reason trades happen in dynasty for the most part is because ppl have different valuations of players. If everyone thought the same thing on players there would be very little trading.
There is typically trading to round out team needs, you know like I have an abundance of RBs but need a WR and you have the opposite... Or I'm rebuilding and you're contending, which is where you typically see a 1 for 1 trade, like here's an older more established WR (Thielen) for a young up and coming talent that isn't consistent yet (Marquise Brown) or something. We could debate this all day, but I think it is rare to successfully sell high on a guy when you are making offers to other owners who have studs who are underperforming when your offer is a 1 for 1.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:58 am

Not sure what leagues you're in are like, but every league I've ever been in has more trading than just to round out team needs. There are plenty of deals that are more people going after their guys, and I definitely see positional 1:1 trades, even for guys of comparable age. I also wouldn't assume that just because someone hasn't offered a deal that they wouldn't take it (or send a counter that I like).

Also...I can't help but feel like maybe the community views Adams as a more established stud than he really is. He's had 3 double digit TD seasons but only 1 season over 1,000 yards. Yes he was the overall WR1 last season but (a) he's not like Nuk, MT, etc. who have several high WR1 seasons under their belts and (b) Kupp's last 16 games haven't been that far off Adams' 2018 (98/1,358/11 vs 111/1,386/13).

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
Andrews, McBride, Engram

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:40 am

hoos89 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:58 am Not sure what leagues you're in are like, but every league I've ever been in has more trading than just to round out team needs. There are plenty of deals that are more people going after their guys, and I definitely see positional 1:1 trades, even for guys of comparable age. I also wouldn't assume that just because someone hasn't offered a deal that they wouldn't take it (or send a counter that I like).

Also...I can't help but feel like maybe the community views Adams as a more established stud than he really is. He's had 3 double digit TD seasons but only 1 season over 1,000 yards. Yes he was the overall WR1 last season but (a) he's not like Nuk, MT, etc. who have several high WR1 seasons under their belts and (b) Kupp's last 16 games haven't been that far off Adams' 2018 (98/1,358/11 vs 111/1,386/13).
Can you give me examples of the 1 for 1 deals from just one of your leagues? I am genuinely interested to see what those trades are. I looked over a few of my leagues and don't see any obvious 1 for 1's at the same position with comparable ages.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:04 pm

I already posted the examples from last season in one league earlier...most noteworthy and to my point being CD for Cooper.

Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
Andrews, McBride, Engram

Kelce, Dissly, Hooper

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:05 pm

I traded CJ Anderson straight up for Jeremy hill a few years back when they both were putting up rb1 numbers. Doesn't happen often because you generally need to know who is high or low on who.

Champ224
Captain
Captain

Postby Champ224 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:35 pm

I think if you are making offers for the same positional players of similar age ie Kupp for Adams then you should be adding something to your side of the deal (this goes both ways). If the Adams owner wants Kupp he should be offering Adams + and vise versa if the Kupp owner is trying to acquire Adams.

By offering these 1 for 1 offers you are saying I value your guy higher right? Or else why would you be offering it then in the first place?

I don’t see many 1 for 1 deals for players of the same position and same age in any of my leagues. At least not for starting caliber players.