General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Le'Veon Bell

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:28 am

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 am Guice>Bell

(maybe?)
I love my Guice share but I'd move him for Bell in a snap accept no second thought.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:33 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:28 am

(maybe?)
I love my Guice share but I'd move him for Bell in a snap accept no second thought.
I guess I would too on principal, but two weeks into the season if Guice is doing well I'd feel confident having him above Bell in terms of pure dynasty value.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:05 am

(maybe?)
Maybe in 2023....

Maybe its Drugs that make you think these crazy things.....Guice isn't even the best back on his team. :wtf: :D
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:51 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:52 am
DJB wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:23 am Thanks guys.

I'm in a win now mode. Guice, Hyde and a 1st for Bell and a 2nd is tempting however.
This seems like a terrible deal. Not to mention his 1st will lose value with Bell on his roster.
I told him no fyi. Now working on Bell ++ for his Kamara :D
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

1coldone
Starter
Starter

Postby 1coldone » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:07 pm

GL, gotta see what the ++ is, as Bell wouldn't move me on giving up Kamara...lol.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:55 am

https://nflspinzone.com/2019/06/27/leve ... transform/

Nothing really new in this article, but the two brothers do a decent job of summing up all the pros & cons regarding Le'Veon Bell.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Le’Veon Bell

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:29 am

Two games into the season, Bell has looked like his old self:

1. Racking up carries
2. Running hard
3. Breaking tackles

What do we think? At 27 is he back in the RB1 conversation?

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: Le’Veon Bell

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:32 am

Bell is a patient runner who went to a team with an O-line that is not familiar with his running style. The passing game is also extremely different, as check-downs to the RB was never really utilized (going by memory, I'll double check this soon). The expectation was that it would take several weeks into the season for everyone to adjust to Bell being the guy in the backfield.

Now that Bell has been paid, he's also willing to do the work that goes along with it. He hasn't made any noise during training camp or preseason, and I mean that as a good thing (see Antonio Brown). He's happy to be a workhorse on a losing team, as long as he gets paid. I don't know how long he'll be happy doing this, as losing takes a toll on his psyche, but I think he'll be just fine since money is his motivation.

Through two weeks into the season we've seen some adjustments at the RB level in the rest of the NFL. Gordon isn't playing at all, Mack is being fed the ball since Luck retired (most carries through two weeks), Chubb saw a reduction in carries with all those awesome toys in the passing game... and that's happened to a few projected top RBs btw (DJ & Ingram). Gurley is a shell of his former self. There weren't many rookie RBs who came into the league that are dominating carries up to this point. What I'm saying is: This season is someone of an anomaly.

PUT THIS ALL TOGETHER:

Bell has had the 4th most carries through the first two weeks of the season (Mack, Fournette, Cook), and leads the league in receptions for a RB at 16. The... uhhh.... "injury" to Darnold means that the Jets will have to rely on the RB even more, and Bell is absolutely going to be fine with it.

The offensive line is starting to understand that they need to hold their blocks. They are becoming more familiar with Bell's running style, and that's just going to make things easier for him as the season progresses.

There are a couple RBs above him in fantasy points per game who are going to regress to the mean eventually..... Ekeler & Henry specifically. I would think that Gordon is going to return, and even if it's late in the season, Ekeler will be reduced back to his regular role. And Henry keeps falling into the endzone.... no way this continues all season.... right?...... right????.......

He's easily RB1, it's just a matter of how high? I'm expecting a top 5 when all is said and done. CMC, Barkley, Elliott..... hopefully Kamara...... and Bell are top 5 RB by the end of the season as long as they all stay healthy (ppr).
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:40 am

As expected, the Jets line (25th in adjusted line yards, 30th in stuffed percentage) is the only thing limiting his upside. The year off doesn't look like it slowed him down. He remains an elite talent.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:46 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:40 am As expected, the Jets line (25th in adjusted line yards, 30th in stuffed percentage) is the only thing limiting his upside. The year off doesn't look like it slowed him down. He remains an elite talent.
How long do you think he has left? I’m hoping the year off means he’s got this season and two more before the carries start to wear him down.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:51 am

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:46 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:40 am As expected, the Jets line (25th in adjusted line yards, 30th in stuffed percentage) is the only thing limiting his upside. The year off doesn't look like it slowed him down. He remains an elite talent.
How long do you think he has left? I’m hoping the year off means he’s got this season and two more before the carries start to wear him down.
I think his receiving skills could prolong his career in his 30s some. He has all-time good receiving skills for an RB.

I think he has 3 years of RB1 production remaining. After that, he's probably going to fade into an RB2 with upside.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:10 am

I think he's a top 5 RB.
I have no shares.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:19 am

I have him basically tied with David Johnson after the top 4

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:06 am

I bought him and a first for Julio this summer. If I get 2-3 years like this I'll be thrilled.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:42 am

Le'veon Bell is back from his early bye week - and only 1-2 weeks away from playing with Darnold again - looking forward to a more accomodating schedule from Weeks IX-XIV also. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..