Michael Thomas Thread: Still a WR1?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Michael Thomas: Arguably the #1 Dynasty Asset?

Postby Sriracha » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:57 am

lic217 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:34 am Moved MT and David Montgomery for Barkley because of my concerns with MT.
The Barkley owner accepted that trade? Yikes

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:09 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:57 am
lic217 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:34 am Moved MT and David Montgomery for Barkley because of my concerns with MT.
Many a Barkley owner have concerns about Barkley.......
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:20 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:09 pm
*begins sending out feelers for Barkley in every league*

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:24 pm

As they should.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:01 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:24 pm

As they should.
:lol: I now understand your Akers take...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:44 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:01 pm

As they should.
No, different injuries. Different players. Akers isn't in the same area code as Barkley as a player. There are a few concerns I have with Barkley. First, the offense. Don't think I need to explain that. Secondly, he's had 2 straight years of missing significant time, and his knee injury wasn't just a standard ACL. It's also his style. With his type of cuts etc., I wonder if he will be the same right away, not only physically, but mentally, trusting his knee. RB windows are short, and unfortunately, Barkley doesn't look like he will ever live up to the hype heaped on him when coming out. Not through his own fault, but injury and team situation have really hurt his career arc. It feels like his rookie year was probably his high water mark, unfortunately. I hope I am wrong. Watching Gurley get cut down in his prime, I want to see SB get back to his rookie form. I really wish he was in a better organization. Giants are a mess.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:11 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:44 pm

As they should.
No, different injuries. Different players. Akers isn't in the same area code as Barkley as a player. There are a few concerns I have with Barkley. First, the offense. Don't think I need to explain that. Secondly, he's had 2 straight years of missing significant time, and his knee injury wasn't just a standard ACL. It's also his style. With his type of cuts etc., I wonder if he will be the same right away, not only physically, but mentally, trusting his knee. RB windows are short, and unfortunately, Barkley doesn't look like he will ever live up to the hype heaped on him when coming out. Not through his own fault, but injury and team situation have really hurt his career arc. It feels like his rookie year was probably his high water mark, unfortunately. I hope I am wrong. Watching Gurley get cut down in his prime, I want to see SB get back to his rookie form. I really wish he was in a better organization. Giants are a mess.
He has not missed "significant time" in 2 straight years. And those other concerns have always been there for him...

I wasn't comparing the two players or their injuries.. just that if you're hesitant about an all-time talent like Barkley coming back from an ACL injury it makes sense that you're absolutely petrified of Akers coming back from an Achilles injury that we know much less about. :lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:31 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:11 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:44 pm

He has not missed "significant time" in 2 straight years. And those other concerns have always been there for him...

I wasn't comparing the two players or their injuries.. just that if you're hesitant about an all-time talent like Barkley coming back from an ACL injury it makes sense that you're absolutely petrified of Akers coming back from an Achilles injury that we know much less about. :lol:
I never said I didn't think Barkley couldn't come back, I said I have concerns about him. So do a lot of owners. I laid out reasons about the ACL, and how he might not be the same player coming back right away, out of the gates. Also the team he's on. Those are my concerns, that he may never bet that true league breaking RB people thought he was going to be for FF. I'm not "absolutely petrified" about Akers, get out of here with that nonsense. :roll: I just don't think he's that good, and that injury is a more serious injury, and he's not worth the price most still want for him, as I don't think he will be a relevant lead RB for any length of time. Anyways, this is an MT thread, so I'm moving on from this.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:02 pm

Not trying to come at you or your logic. You could of course be right, but the idea that Akers was never good and thats why you’re pessimistic about his upside is just not the position you took in the Akers thread :whistle:

We can move on to the headcase WR now, for sure :thumbup:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:38 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:02 pm Not trying to come at you or your logic. You could of course be right, but the idea that Akers was never good and thats why you’re pessimistic about his upside is just not the position you took in the Akers thread :whistle:

We can move on to the headcase WR now, for sure :thumbup:
All good. Going back to MT, I see the Saints have an out, but still a 24 plus million dead cap next year. I wonder if they potentially try and move him at some point before next season starts. I think Payton and the team are having some buyers remorse. Ever since he got that deal he's been a headache.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:59 pm

This is so passive aggressive.

I don't see this relationship ending well.

https://twitter.com/Cantguardmike/statu ... 4144664581

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:35 pm

This may sound knee-jerky, but I'm starting to doubt he plays at all this year. I mean he's out to start and I think if the team falls out of contention, the front office may bench him in order to get value for him.

Let me know if I'm way off on this. Either way, I'll never end up owning MT due to cost

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:33 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:35 pm This may sound knee-jerky, but I'm starting to doubt he plays at all this year. I mean he's out to start and I think if the team falls out of contention, the front office may bench him in order to get value for him.

Let me know if I'm way off on this. Either way, I'll never end up owning MT due to cost
I think his time there is almost over, so I understand your concern. MT didn't return the teams calls for 3 months in the off season when they tried to check in with him about his ankle. The Saints medical staff recommended surgery, he got a 2nd opinion, and decided for rehab. He then had to have surgery much later than had he just taken the Saints staff's advice. There has been diva/BS with this guy ever since he got that deal. They will have to eat some serious dead cap to move on from him, but teams have shown they are willing to do that, recently.

sct
Starter
Starter

Postby sct » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:39 pm

I got off the ride. Sold him, Andrews, and Drake for Chubb and his last two picks.
12 team no limit keeper PPR
4patd, 6ruretd, 1/25 payd, 1/10 ruyd, 1ppr Start 1QB, 2RB,2WR,1Flex, 1TE,1k, 2idp
QB: Jackson, Cousins
RB: Fournette, AJones, Montgomery, Henderson, JWilson, Ingram, BScott, Vaughn, Benjamin
WR: Kupp, adams, DJMoore, Lazard, Campbell, Osborn
TE: Schultz, Knox

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:24 am

sct wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:39 pm I got off the ride. Sold him, Andrews, and Drake for Chubb and his last two picks.
:clap:
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser