Michael Thomas Thread: Still a WR1?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: Michael Thomas: Arguably the #1 Dynasty Asset?

Postby Valhalla » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:17 am

So...in summary...
Mike didn't like his commitment to the team being questioned. He was undoubtedly a team first guy.
This is why Mike has a "screw the team" attitude.
Ah, I get it now.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:38 am

Valhalla wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:17 am So...in summary...
Mike didn't like his commitment to the team being questioned. He was undoubtedly a team first guy.
This is why Mike has a "screw the team" attitude.
Ah, I get it now.
Gee Thanks, I just interrupted a conference call laughing out loud.

Post of the Day! :D
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:10 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:49 am
Anteaters wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:27 am I traded my shares of MT as soon as the 2020 season ended.
I'm no big fan of MT as a person, and I don't particularly dislike him either. I only know him from what I see on tv and that's not enough for me to like or dislike him.
No team has a legal or moral right to insist that any employee get surgery just because the team says so.
I agree but I have never heard of any team insist legally or morally that a player get surgery.

I can't imagine the Saints did this.
I guess it depends on how you define "the Saints." I know the coach has said repeatedly that he's "not happy" that MT didn't have surgery earlier and that he made sure MT knew he wasn't happy about it. It certainly sounds like the head coach expected MT to do whatever the team said when the team thought it should be done.

Sean Payton represents the voice of the team to the player because the coach controls playing time and, in this case, can dictate to Mickey Loomis which players to keep and which to trade/release. I'm sure that to MT, when Sean Payton says he's not happy with MT, it comes across to MT that the organization is not happy with him.

It doesn't matter to me if MT plays in NO this season, plays somewhere else, or recuperates all season. I just love seeing FF owners complaining about a guy deciding to wait on surgery when the most difficult decision they've had to make all year involved "fries or hush puppies?"

The good news in that same link, is the GM said everyone (team & player) made the decision to hold off on the surgery and everyone was on board with the plan to wait for the injury to heal without surgery. Sounds like the GM is ok with how things happened, but Sean Payton is being a jerk about it. Who knows? Maybe it will all blow over.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:44 pm

Anteaters wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:10 pm
Anteaters wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:27 am I traded my shares of MT as soon as the 2020 season ended.
I'm no big fan of MT as a person, and I don't particularly dislike him either. I only know him from what I see on tv and that's not enough for me to like or dislike him.
No team has a legal or moral right to insist that any employee get surgery just because the team says so.
I agree but I have never heard of any team insist legally or morally that a player get surgery.

I guess it depends on how you define "the Saints." I know the coach has said repeatedly that he's "not happy" that MT didn't have surgery earlier and that he made sure MT knew he wasn't happy about it. It certainly sounds like the head coach expected MT to do whatever the team said when the team thought it should be done.

Sean Payton represents the voice of the team to the player because the coach controls playing time and, in this case, can dictate to Mickey Loomis which players to keep and which to trade/release. I'm sure that to MT, when Sean Payton says he's not happy with MT, it comes across to MT that the organization is not happy with him.

It doesn't matter to me if MT plays in NO this season, plays somewhere else, or recuperates all season. I just love seeing FF owners complaining about a guy deciding to wait on surgery when the most difficult decision they've had to make all year involved "fries or hush puppies?"

The good news in that same link, is the GM said everyone (team & player) made the decision to hold off on the surgery and everyone was on board with the plan to wait for the injury to heal without surgery. Sounds like the GM is ok with how things happened, but Sean Payton is being a jerk about it. Who knows? Maybe it will all blow over.
Woah woah woah....what are hush puppies?

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:40 pm

Valhalla wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:44 pm

Whoa whoa whoa… did you just say you EAT puppies?!?
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:07 pm

Shcritters wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:40 pm
Valhalla wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:44 pm

Whoa whoa whoa… did you just say you EAT puppies?!?
Truthfully I didn’t know what they were and just looked it up. I imagine it’s fairly common grub fer y’all fellers with yer grits n fried okra n boiled peanuts.
I’m gonna get back to my lefsa and leutefisk and tater tot hotdish now, you betcha.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:59 am

Looks like Thomas and Payton have kissed and made up.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:58 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:59 am Looks like Thomas and Payton have kissed and made up.
Payton probably had a good luck at what's in the fridge, and decided he can't make much of a meal out of it. Best to try and make up with your #1 WR instead of kicking him to the curb.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:31 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:58 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:59 am Looks like Thomas and Payton have kissed and made up.
Payton probably had a good luck at what's in the fridge, and decided he can't make much of a meal out of it. Best to try and make up with your #1 WR instead of kicking him to the curb.
He probably saw what Denzel Mims ate

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:30 am

Officially out until week 8
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:39 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:30 am Officially out until week 8
So glad I don't own any shares of that guy.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:44 am

I saw somewhere else it was through week 6 which would be 5 games due to Saints bye week. You sure its through week 8?
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy, Fields
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Akers, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, D. Johnson, JSN, Doubs, Meyers, Thomas, Toney
TE: Andrews, Likely, Dulcic

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 1, 2, 2

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, Kamara, Dobbins, Rodriguez
WR: Chase, G. Wilson, D. Adams, Di. Johnson, M. Wilson, W. Robinson, R. Rice
TE: McBride, Pitts, Kmet, Likely

2024: 1.01, 1.06, 1.08, 2.09
2025: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023
QB: Goff, Watson, Cousins, Levis, Rodgers, Young
RB: Gibbs, Pacheco, Dobbins
WR: Chase, J. Jefferson, JSN, Palmer, Mooney, Tillman
TE: Schultz, Pitts, Likely, Okonkwo

2024: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 2.03, 2.06, 2.07, 2.10, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08
2025: 1, 2, 3

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:07 am

smbkrypt24 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:44 am
I saw somewhere else it was through week 6 which would be 5 games due to Saints bye week. You sure its through week 8?
Being PUP’ed means sitting the first 6 games. NO has an early bye, so that means sitting 7 weeksincludive of the bye.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:21 am

I don’t think that Thomas deserves that much of a benefit of the doubt. I don’t think that there is an evidence that he was carefully mulling over the surgery decision. In fact...he failed to follow up to his medical appointments. It much more likely that Thomas was either being irresponsible at best or lazy/vindictive at worst.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:23 am

Reminder: Though he will be eligible to return from the PUP list after 6 games, that is not the same as saying the doctors have predicted he will actually be healthy and ready to play football at that time.

What this actually means is NO is absolutely certain MT will be unavailable for AT LEAST the first 6 games, so they are giving themselves the opportunity to take MT off the active roster and add a player who can help them on the field for the first 6 games. After the 6th game, NO has to activate MT to the active roster and allow him to practice, and they have 3 weeks to either put him back on the field or move him to IR. They don't know right now if he will be able to play, but PUP was their best option between IR (seasonlong), Active (but unable to help for many weeks), or PUP. If there was a 9-week PUP option, NO might have chosen that.

I don't think there is any chance MT actually plays in week 7. Or 8. Or week 9.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser