Week 2 Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8630
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:40 pm

dynastyninja wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:32 pm
Cameron Giles wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:24 pm
Michael Thomas needs to be in the conversation for the best WR in the league.
Sure, he deserves to be in the conversation, but I think there's a big difference between "most productive" and "best."
I think he's in the conversation. He does everything well. Sure, the popular names will be up there (Julio, Brown, OBJ), but I'd have no problem putting Thomas in my Top 5 right now. I don't think there's many WR's who have his combination of route running and hands.]

Edit: Right on cue with TD #2.
Last edited by Cameron Giles on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pullo Vision
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4071
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:41 pm

One stat I heard- New Orleans is 0-9 in the first two weeks of the last 5 years.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1 Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 R/W, 1 Def

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11573
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:42 pm

Nice TD catch by MT.
Do you want a logical debate?
You are in the wrong place.

steelman
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2711
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby steelman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:42 pm

dynastyninja wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:32 pm
Cameron Giles wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:24 pm
Michael Thomas needs to be in the conversation for the best WR in the league.
Sure, he deserves to be in the conversation, but I think there's a big difference between "most productive" and "best."
Exactly. Jimmy Graham was the best TE in the league in NO and has barely been average since. Even with Aaron Rodgers he hasn't done much (although I admit it's still very early in the season).

That NO offensive system is extremely favourable for receivers.

Thomas is a very good WR, but pure talent wise, I don't have him up there

Cameron Giles
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8630
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:44 pm

steelman wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:42 pm
dynastyninja wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:32 pm
Cameron Giles wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:24 pm
Michael Thomas needs to be in the conversation for the best WR in the league.
Sure, he deserves to be in the conversation, but I think there's a big difference between "most productive" and "best."
Exactly. Jimmy Graham was the best TE in the league in NO and has barely been average since. Even with Aaron Rodgers he hasn't done much (although I admit it's still very early in the season).

That NO offensive system is extremely favourable for receivers.

Thomas is a very good WR, but pure talent wise, I don't have him up there
The system isnt making Thomas. He's really good on his own.

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11573
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:45 pm

Mahomes just set the NFL record for most TD passes in the first 2 weeks.
lol
Do you want a logical debate?
You are in the wrong place.

User avatar
Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1070
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:44 am
Location: Sanary, FRANCE

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby Blackout » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:47 pm

Darius Leonard stats seem unreal...
HFR Dynasty League, 16 owners, PPR, 6 pts all TD, Salary Cap
Creation : 2011 Joined : 2011
Roster : http://www58.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... =0009&O=07
Best Results : 3rd place 2011 & Runner Up 2015

Dynasty Wire Football League, 12 owners, PPR, Superflex, 4 pts QB TD -2 INT, Salary Cap, Contracts
Creation : 2013 Joined : 2018
Roster : http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... =0005&O=07

Movie Madness, 12 owners, PPR, 6 pts all TD, Salary Cap, Contracts
Creation : 2015 Joined : 2018
Roster : http://www58.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... =0002&O=07

Kulture League IDP, 12 owners, PPR, 6 pts all TD
Creation : 2014 Joined : 2017
Roster : http://www60.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... =0003&O=07
Best Result : SF 2017

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11573
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:52 pm

TYROD TAYLOR TO FRICKIN ANTONIO CALLAWAY.
Do you want a logical debate?
You are in the wrong place.

User avatar
dynastyninja
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2890
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:53 pm

What was Tyrod thinking and why did it work?

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11573
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:53 pm

Phaded wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:52 pm
TYROD TAYLOR TO FRICKIN ANTONIO CALLAWAY.
OMG ... He missed the PAT.
I honestly feel so freaking bad for Cleveland.
Nothing goes their way...
Do you want a logical debate?
You are in the wrong place.

nathanq42
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2384
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:40 am

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:59 pm

Agholor... 8 catches for 93 yards on 13 targets... Maybe he is putting it together and will be a WR3/flex option out of the slot going forward?
12 Team 20 man roster 4 reserve slots 1 ppr .2 points per carry
Garbage
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1WR/RB/TE 1K 1DEF
QB Jacoby Brissett, Jared Goff
RB Rashaad Penny, Austin Ekeler, Royce Freeman, Jerrick McKinnon
WR Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Junior, DJ Moore, Dede Westbrook, Parris Campbell, Preston Williams, Jakobi Meyers, Randall Cobb, KeeSean johnson, Hakeem Butler
TE TJ Hockenson, Darren Waller

Picks
5 2020 firsts (2 early, 3 mid to late)
2 2021 firsts (both mid to late)

steelman
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2711
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby steelman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:00 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:44 pm
steelman wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:42 pm
dynastyninja wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:32 pm


Sure, he deserves to be in the conversation, but I think there's a big difference between "most productive" and "best."
Exactly. Jimmy Graham was the best TE in the league in NO and has barely been average since. Even with Aaron Rodgers he hasn't done much (although I admit it's still very early in the season).

That NO offensive system is extremely favourable for receivers.

Thomas is a very good WR, but pure talent wise, I don't have him up there
The system isnt making Thomas. He's really good on his own.
Yes he's very good on his own, but that's a very favourable system. It can make a great player that much better.

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11573
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:03 pm

Odds Zane Gonzalez gets cut this week?
Do you want a logical debate?
You are in the wrong place.

User avatar
dynastyninja
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2890
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:03 pm

nathanq42 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:59 pm
Agholor... 8 catches for 93 yards on 13 targets... Maybe he is putting it together and will be a WR3/flex option out of the slot going forward?
He was a WR2 last year, so doesn't seem much different this year.

nathanq42
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2384
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:40 am

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:04 pm

Add a TD to agholor's day.. I'm hopeful
12 Team 20 man roster 4 reserve slots 1 ppr .2 points per carry
Garbage
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1WR/RB/TE 1K 1DEF
QB Jacoby Brissett, Jared Goff
RB Rashaad Penny, Austin Ekeler, Royce Freeman, Jerrick McKinnon
WR Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Junior, DJ Moore, Dede Westbrook, Parris Campbell, Preston Williams, Jakobi Meyers, Randall Cobb, KeeSean johnson, Hakeem Butler
TE TJ Hockenson, Darren Waller

Picks
5 2020 firsts (2 early, 3 mid to late)
2 2021 firsts (both mid to late)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CooperCrush, Dibbles, flamingos, Forza_Azzurri, hoos89, Pac_Eddy, TB3falcons, The Grudge and 15 guests