Kevin White

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Kevin White

Postby Pet_Smith » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:59 am

Curious to see if anyone is still holding out hope for White. playing something like 12 of the 70 offensive snaps week one, and getting zero targets isn't looking good. Are they easing him back in to build up his confidence slowly? Or just not ever going to be a relevant WR?

I've been holding him for so long now, and am desperate for WR help - but thinking it's time to cut him for good and move on. I can't see anyone picking him up at this stage in his career either...
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Kevin White

Postby mild » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:56 am

There was an anecdote going around that the coaching staff went back and showed him his College Highlights this off-season to "help him get his confidence back"... says it all, really.
10 team .5 PPR SF

QB - Mahomes, Jackson, Hurts, Zach Wilson
RB - Saquon, Chubb, AJD, Dobbins, Penny, Gio, T. Jones
WR - Hill, AJB, Diggs, Sutton, Jeudy, Bateman, Watkins, Slayton, Callaway
TE - Goedert, Pitts, OJH, Cook
Taxi - Mims, D. Brown, Jacob Harris

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:02 am

Cut.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:34 am

mild wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:56 am There was an anecdote going around that the coaching staff went back and showed him his College Highlights this off-season to "help him get his confidence back"... says it all, really.
That was last offseason- http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/fo ... story.html

With the obvious caveat that it depends on who's on waivers, the easy answer is Kevin White is a cut.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:29 am

Pet_Smith wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:59 am Curious to see if anyone is still holding out hope for White. playing something like 12 of the 70 offensive snaps week one, and getting zero targets isn't looking good. Are they easing him back in to build up his confidence slowly? Or just not ever going to be a relevant WR?

I've been holding him for so long now, and am desperate for WR help - but thinking it's time to cut him for good and move on. I can't see anyone picking him up at this stage in his career either...
You and me both my brother. He just seems like a really great guy so I have been holding out hope that he someday fulfills his promise, but it seems it's slipping away. Have had him now for 4 years, but when it's time to make a roster cut to say pick up a bye week kicker or another guy, he will be the first to go. I'd be happy to see him emerge later on for another GM
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:39 am

I'm probably one of the most patient dynasty players around these parts. At times to a fault, I admit. I think if I owned K.White anywhere, I'd have probably moved on by now. So, there is that.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:55 am

We've seen late breakouts from Agholor and now possibly Dorsett :surprised: .

Technically, there was a lot to be enamored with about Kevin White back in the day...1 year of big-time production, great SPARQ score, proto size and fast. However, looking back on it, he came onto the scene as a real late bloomer and one interesting stat I saw from Matt Harmon was the image below, a lot of these guys only played on one side of the field in college and could that be a detriment to their NFL development? So far, this list is pretty ugly.

However, should he completely fizzle out I think injuries will always dominate the discussion with him (which must be considered) rather than, was White truly a good prospect coming out.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:21 am

I think that he is in a Treadwell position this season on an offense with some serious??? throwing the ball. If there's an injury, he is the first man up, and that is what you should have expected coming in. They didn't sign a speedster like Gabriel to bench him and he wasn't beating out ARob. Depending on league size and what is available, I would hold.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:06 am

I'd much rather roll the dice on Treadwell at this point. I'm not sure that White is rosterable in standard sized 12 team leagues. Maybe on real deep 16 team leagues as an end of the bench stash.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:17 am

Depends how big the 12 team is. 35 man rosters like mine and he is a definite. 25 he is borderline. But, the point is that if you still believe in him, you shouldn't be chasing immediate production. He is a solid fill in should an injury occur.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:58 pm

I talked a guy into giving me 2 1st rd picks for white before he got hurt last year. the hype was getting big on him for a bit. one of the most lopsided deals ever in our league. to answer your question hes a cut

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:49 am

12 snaps in Week 1 and only 2 snaps this week....dang. Why would Bears bother keeping him if he's not on special teams and only plays 2 snaps a game?
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:21 am

He's basically a 26 year old rookie. And next year he'll be a 27 year old rookie. And he'll probably be out of the league the year after that.

smoger45
Role Player
Role Player

Postby smoger45 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:21 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:21 am He's basically a 26 year old rookie. And next year he'll be a 27 year old rookie. And he'll probably be out of the league the year after that.
You know he right.
I picked him up at the end of the season. dropped him at the beginning
16 team 30 man PPR High scoring format.
QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/WR|TE flex
D/D/DB/DB/DL/LB/LB/LB/CB
Completions .5
Passing Yards 15 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns 10
Interceptions -4
Rushing Attempts .5
Rushing Yards 5
yards per point Rushing Touchdowns 10 Receptions 1
Receiving Yards 4 yards per point
Receiving Touchdowns 10
Return Touchdowns 20
2-Point Conversions 3
Fumbles Lost -4
Offensive Fumble Return TD 20
Kickers
Field Goals
0-19 Yards 5 20-29 Yards 6 30-39 Yards 8 40-49 Yards 12 50+ Yards 15
Point After Attempt Made 2

QB. D. Jones, Herbert,
RB. D. Pearce, M. Gordon, N. Harris D. Singletary, Jamal Williams, Ty Johnson
WR. A. Cooper, Djax, Marquise Brown, OBJ, E. Moore, Duvernay, V. Jones
TE Z. Ertz, D. Waller
K W. Lutz
LB J. Baker, Mykal, Pratt, J.Phillips
DE C. Jordan, B. Burns
CB T. Diggs, K. Gordon, P. Adebo
S T. Edmunds, A. Winfield Jr. Marcus Williams

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:10 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:21 am He's basically a 26 year old rookie. And next year he'll be a 27 year old rookie. And he'll probably be out of the league the year after that.

The perfect way to say BUST :D
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts