Perine?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Perine?

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:32 pm

Can he be a viable RB2? He had some nice games despite a bunch of stinkers. He's looked good in preseason.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Re: Perine?

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:16 pm

I liked him more than most people and definitely like him more than Rob Kelley and have him in some leagues but then he injured his ankle and the Skins signed Peterson, so now, I’m not as optimistic. The good news is he should be back for the start of the regular season but the best case scenario, he will probably just get some early down work with Peterson with Thompson getting most of the 3rd down work.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:29 pm

Not concerned about Peterson. Gonna have to wait on Perine but there's a chance he does some things this year. Unfortunately there's still another 2 years after this on his deal so you'd be holding for a long time.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:06 am

If healthy Perine can take that job from Kelley. AP is washed but will get an opportunity because he's AP.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:52 am

The answer is he CAN be a viable Rb2... but I wouldn't bank much on it. I like the dude and I like his skill, but his play style does not compliment Alex Smith's style, at all. He needs a pass-catching, quick-juking RB because defenses load up the box against Smith due to his dink-and-dunk play style. Perine is more of a plodder.

BUT...... if AP doesn't pan out, Perine would be my pick to be next in line, and I don't have much faith in AP.

After this year, unless Perine gets traded, his value will tank once again.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:18 am

They signed AP to be the lead back, don't think that bodes well for Kelly or Perine's outlook - meaning the coaches don't want either heavily involved. Might be a good time to sell him to an owner who thinks AP isn't a roadblock.

Metriculous
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Metriculous » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:19 am

AD did not sign to come in and be a camp body.

AD did not sign to mentor young RBs.

AD signed with NO expecting to be involved. He wasn't. He bitched and moaned and got traded....... to a team that attempted to use him as vintage AD.

Do you think AD has learned a valuable life lesson from all of this? I don't.

AD signed with a team that made some form of promise with regard to opportunity.

Keep calling him washed up and they will keep putting the ball in his belly. Until he can't take it anymore.
Eleventeen Time Champion of a Sad Little League
Jealous much? Of course you are.

(Insert Clever Team Name That May Contain Sexual Innuendo)
A bunch of league settings you won't read anyways....numbers and such

QB - A guy with only one or two good years left in the tank
RB1 - A guy who stands charged with several minor crimes (Guilty until proven, right?)
RB2 - Young guy that is only good because of his offensive line and workload
WR1 - A guy whose metrics make up for his stone hands
WR2 - A dude who is probably too short to catch the ball
TE - This guy played basketball, right?
DEF & K - I guess we are still doing this .. :wall: ...

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:34 am

Look at what the Redskins, the team that sees him every single day, think of Perine

They drafted him in the 4th round. Then they drafted a running back in the 2nd round. Then that guy gets hurt and they bring in high profile name but aging and has lost a step or 5.

They realized he's a bust but still on a cheap 4th round rookie contract so plenty ok to keep around for depth, but that's it. You don't replace a guy twice who's good enough to be a top 24 RB in the NFL lol
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:58 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:34 am Look at what the Redskins, the team that sees him every single day, think of Perine

They drafted him in the 4th round. Then they drafted a running back in the 2nd round. Then that guy gets hurt and they bring in high profile name but aging and has lost a step or 5.

They realized he's a bust but still on a cheap 4th round rookie contract so plenty ok to keep around for depth, but that's it. You don't replace a guy twice who's good enough to be a top 24 RB in the NFL lol
lol Why would anyone trust what the Redskins think? This is the same team that thinks Rob Kelley and 33yo AP are worth roster spots and carries. The same coach that started a washed up Benjarvus Green-Ellis for 2 years. Decent RBs get replaced all the dang time, especially ones with a day 3 investment or less.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:58 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:58 pm
hockeyBjj wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:34 am Look at what the Redskins, the team that sees him every single day, think of Perine

lol Why would anyone trust what the Redskins think? This is the same team that thinks Rob Kelley and 33yo AP are worth roster spots and carries. The same coach that started a washed up Benjarvus Green-Ellis for 2 years. Decent RBs get replaced all the dang time, especially ones with a day 3 investment or less.
Yep...I don’t trust the Reskins to make the right call