Release the Guice! - The Derrius Guice Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
RCS
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Guice torn ACL out for year. What's this do to his value in rookie drafts still to come?

Postby RCS » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:07 pm

Well got my first official Guice trade offer

Give: Guice
Get: 2nd and 4th

Shaking my head

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Re: Guice torn ACL out for year. What's this do to his value in rookie drafts still to come?

Postby wingnutty » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:11 pm

RCS wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:07 pm Well got my first official Guice trade offer

Give: Guice
Get: 2nd and 4th

Shaking my head
I seriously hate owners who do bleep like this.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:41 pm

I still wouldn’t put Chubb, Michel, or Freeman ahead of Guice as they probably won’t be huge contributors this season and I think they are inferior talents to Guice.

If you love RoJo, Penny, or Kerryon then I would understand taking them ahead of him.

For me tho, Guice is STILL the RB2 in this class for dynasty purposes.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:50 pm

He'll only be 22 for next season as an FYI.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:54 pm

With a Major injury under his belt
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:00 pm

Servo wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:04 pm Kerryon?
Whoa, leave him out of this. Lions play tonight. Then you can judge.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:00 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:41 pm I still wouldn’t put Chubb, Michel, or Freeman ahead of Guice as they probably won’t be huge contributors this season and I think they are inferior talents to Guice.

If you love RoJo, Penny, or Kerryon then I would understand taking them ahead of him.

X2 except i wouldnt include Kerryon
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:01 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:54 pm With a Major injury under his belt
A torn ACL is far from the death sentence it used to be, especially for a 22 year old with no history of injury in the same knee and has a full year of recovery time. Plus it looks like it was possibly just a partial tear since he was able to walk immediately afterwards and seemed to be experiencing a lower level of pain, but I'm no doctor so admittedly could be wrong there. Overall this sucks, but doesn't affect his value much in my eyes.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:08 pm

I had Guice pretty much tied with Penny, but I took Penny at 1.02 in one of my leagues partly because Guice's dynamic play style is his best asset but also his biggest detriment at times. The amount of awkward or big hits he takes whilst pinballing off defenders did concern me on some level. Still like him a lot, I just feel like there may be more highs and lows with him as opposed to Penny. In the long run he'll be fine, Dalvin Cook same injury and his ADP actually went up.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:12 pm

What would you offer to get Guice at this point?
Last edited by mild on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 team .5 PPR SF

QB - Mahomes, Jackson, Hurts, Zach Wilson
RB - Saquon, Chubb, AJD, Dobbins, Penny, Gio, T. Jones
WR - Hill, AJB, Diggs, Sutton, Jeudy, Bateman, Watkins, Slayton, Callaway
TE - Goedert, Pitts, OJH, Cook
Taxi - Mims, D. Brown, Jacob Harris

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:15 pm

Rosenbluu wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:00 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:41 pm I still wouldn’t put Chubb, Michel, or Freeman ahead of Guice as they probably won’t be huge contributors this season and I think they are inferior talents to Guice.

X2 except i wouldnt include Kerryon
I kind of see it the opposite way. You were going to probably punt this year on Chubb and Michel but now that Guice is gone and he isn’t helping your team those players ascend into the 1.02 conversation with Penny. If production in 2018 is the tie breaker then Penny is likely the 1.02. Rojo was and is even more now on the fringe of top 5 conversation. Both Freeman and Kerryon shouldn’t really be in the conversation
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:16 pm

I have one League left to draft, wonder how far he will fall .. hrms...
@PlankMelody

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:31 pm

Awful for any player but especially a rookie. Does this do anything for Perines value? I did not draft him I got him in a throw in for some trade. Would love to sell him now If I can.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:34 pm

Just don't fall into the over-doing-it-with-the-dynasty-thing trap of thinking one lost season doesn't affect dynasty values. How many good seasons do we expect him to have, if he's a success? He's 22, so maybe 8 if we're being generous?

Well then, the loss of this season lowers his value by about 1/8th, which is 12.5%. Add on to that the time benefit, where points now are worth slightly more than points later, plus any risk of the injury permanently affecting his game. No matter how you cut it, there's no way to look at this and come to the conclusion that Guice doesn't loose dynasty value.

How much is obviously the question. Still taking him at the top of the tier 2 RBs makes no sense to me. You would have had to have him ranked far and away better than everyone not named Barkley.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:48 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:01 pm
joeya2001 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:54 pm With a Major injury under his belt
A torn ACL is far from the death sentence it used to be, especially for a 22 year old with no history of injury in the same knee and has a full year of recovery time. Plus it looks like it was possibly just a partial tear since he was able to walk immediately afterwards and seemed to be experiencing a lower level of pain, but I'm no doctor so admittedly could be wrong there. Overall this sucks, but doesn't affect his value much in my eyes.
It's still a major injury, and he already suffered a hyperextension in that knee, so he does have an injury history with it. I never had Guice at 1.02 to begin with, but it absolutely affects his value. If a guy like Penny, or Chubb or whoever comes in and produces, he'll be worth a lot more next year compared to Guice with proof of what he is in the NFL and an ACL on his resume. You can refuse to trade him for less, than what you paid, but it absolutely drops his value to anyone else who might want to trade for him. You also don't get his production this year, also a drop in value. There is no way to sugar coat these things, when a guy loses an entire year and suffers an injury of this nature, they aren't worth what they were the day before, especially when it's an unproven rookie.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick