Saquon Barkley - Dynasty Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
thebeast
Legend
Legend

Re: Barkley Ranked #2

Postby thebeast » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:51 pm

chopping mall wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:49 pm So everyone says the Giants should have taken a QB, but now they Giants have Barkley and in 2019 they'll have 1.01 and can get the top QB. Pretty sure everyone who was dumping on the Giants this year for taking Barkley are going to love their rookie QB next year when the Giants can pair him with Barkley and they start focusing on their line.
So this was me up until tonight. I was pretty annoyed we passed on the franchise qb. But tonight I realized we will never have the chance to get another Barkley, he was the right pick.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:52 pm

From what I have read / understand thus far, the 2019 QB class is underwhelming though.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:54 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:52 pm From what I have read / understand thus far, the 2019 QB class is underwhelming though.
That is what I have heard as well - but too early to rush to judgement.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

chopping mall
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chopping mall » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:54 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:52 pm From what I have read / understand thus far, the 2019 QB class is underwhelming though.
It's October, go back and look what was being said about Wentz at this point. 4 months from now they'll be a top QB and the way the Giants are going they only need there to be ONE QB in the 2019 class, they are gonna get the top pick the way this team is playing.
Team: Hounds of Justice - Year 5
12 Team - 35 Man roster .5 PPR Dynasty IDP (1QB|2WR|2RB|1TE|2Flex|2DL|2LB|2DB|1Flex)
QB: D. Brees, D. Carr, A. Dalton
RB: S. Barkley, J. Mixon, C. Clement, F. Gore, J. Jackson, P. Perkins, G. Bernard
WR: K. Allen, A. Green, J. Edelman, B. Cooks, T. Quinn, J. Reynolds, M. Crabtree, J. Doctson
TE: D. Walker D. Waller, D. Goedert, J. Smith
DL: T. Flowers, J. Houston, C. Peters, E. Ansah
LB: D. Leonard, M. Jack, N. Vigil, J. Baker, P. Onwuasor, S. Hamilton
DB: J. Bates, K. Jackson,
taxi: R. Finley, D. Crockett, J. Ursua, D. Willis, J. Thornhill
2020 Picks: 3rd, 5th, 6th

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:54 pm

thebeast wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:44 pm
Rosenbluu wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:37 pm No surprise, Barkley looks fantastic in space

But I still haven’t seen him run in between the tackles like I would like.
Then you haven’t watched tonight. He is running through and by everyone. And honestly, at this point, your comment is ridiculous, he can keep doing whatever he has been doing.
Yeah you’re right, I must be watching a different game. Outside of the arm tackle he broke for a 50 yard run he is averaging less than 3 yards per carry. So if you believe he is running through people so be it.

Like I said, he looks fantastic in the open field. In between the tackles not so much (which is all over his game film in college) but who really cares because he will catch 10 passes a game and has the ability to take those to the crib.
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:01 pm

Rosenbluu wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:54 pm
Rosenbluu wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:37 pm No surprise, Barkley looks fantastic in space

Then you haven’t watched tonight. He is running through and by everyone. And honestly, at this point, your comment is ridiculous, he can keep doing whatever he has been doing.
Yeah you’re right, I must be watching a different game. Outside of the arm tackle he broke for a 50 yard run he is averaging less than 3 yards per carry. So if you believe he is running through people so be it.

Like I said, he looks fantastic in the open field. In between the tackles not so much (which is all over his game film in college) but who really cares because he will catch 10 passes a game and has the ability to take those to the crib.
You’re definitely watching a different game. The guy has over 100 scrimmage yards in the first half and you’re not satisfied...
Last edited by thebeast on Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:02 pm

Not saying it isn’t true but this has been said every year the past 3 years at least

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:11 pm

Rosenbluu wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:32 pm I can’t see putting anyone so highly without touching the NFL field.

For some reason when I watch his fill he bounces it outside way to often and I don’t see that translating in the NFL. It will take some time before he reaches the standard everyone is putting him too.
Looking back it seems you are now just digging in. Maybe just say you were wrong about him at this point, because it seems to be translating pretty well.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:14 pm

Rosenbluu wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:54 pm

That 9 yard run he ran through, around, and OVER people. That was as good a 9 yard run as you will ever see, and it was between the tackles. I have Barkley nowhere in any leagues, but he is no slouch between the tackles.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:23 pm

thebeast wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:11 pm
Rosenbluu wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:32 pm I can’t see putting anyone so highly without touching the NFL field.

For some reason when I watch his fill he bounces it outside way to often and I don’t see that translating in the NFL. It will take some time before he reaches the standard everyone is putting him too.
Looking back it seems you are now just digging in. Maybe just say you were wrong about him at this point, because it seems to be translating pretty well.
Wrong? Everyone knew what he was capable of but no i didn’t think he was the #1 dynasty asset without touching the field like everyone else.

Everyone has flaws and I don’t think he is elite in between the tackles. If you think he runs hard and doesn’t try to bounce to often than so be it.
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:42 pm

Rosenbluu wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:23 pm
thebeast wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:11 pm

Wrong? Everyone knew what he was capable of but no i didn’t think he was the #1 dynasty asset without touching the field like everyone else.

Everyone has flaws and I don’t think he is elite in between the tackles. If you think he runs hard and doesn’t try to bounce to often than so be it.
Who cares if he runs between the tackles. We play fantasy football and win based on fantasy points and he is doing a great job of accumulating those so far, I would guess better than most expected. As I write this he just broke free for a TD. Not sure how you are denying your comment quoted above saying that in your opinion that his skills wouldn’t translate, but whatever.
Last edited by thebeast on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:43 pm

Good god that acceleration.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Drafted him #3 and #4 in both my new leagues this year and haven't looked back great decision. I personally view him as the most valuable dynasty asset at this point god forbid he get a decent qb and offensive line
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:11 pm

embe5291 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:56 pm Drafted him #3 and #4 in both my new leagues this year and haven't looked back great decision. I personally view him as the most valuable dynasty asset at this point god forbid he get a decent qb and offensive line
Just theory, but I feel like a better QB and Line would mean more targets downfield for OBJ/Shepard. Less dump offs to Barkley and more rushes. He'd still be great but he wouldn't be getting 90% of the touches like he is right now. Someone did mention the opportunity for more TD and I agree with that. Either way, dude is a stud

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:25 pm

I was and am hesitate to give Barkley a top dynasty assesst but after watching him tonight I’m a believer dude is a league of his own insane in the way he runs
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin