Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun May 17, 2020 3:13 am

Ice wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:05 pm Yes I am. Really hate missing on players but his route running just wasn’t good enough to offset his lack of speed burst.

Okay player in red zone but sold my shares long ago. He looks like a decent player to own for an occasional flex start but he is not great in that system.

Even I miss on Wr’s occasionally 😜
You have to admire a man who figures the best way out of a hole is to keep digging.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue May 19, 2020 1:11 pm

2 years in and still not impressed. Lot of finger pointing going on Chicago, most of it rightfully so but I wouldn't invest in Miller.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue May 19, 2020 2:17 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:14 am i may be in position to draft miller or godwin for my next pick.

if it turns out that way i'm going godwin.
So, who'd you take?

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue May 19, 2020 2:48 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:17 pm
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:14 am i may be in position to draft miller or godwin for my next pick.

if it turns out that way i'm going godwin.
So, who'd you take?
godwin of course.

the poor sucker right after me got stuck with miller.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue May 19, 2020 4:16 pm

MarcoPolo25 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 8:54 am Still holding out hope Miller can be a wr 3 or 2. Think the talent is there, just been a mix of injuries & poor qb play.

That said, I'd sell in a second for a chance to snag one of these 2020 rookie wrs
More likely a 3 or a flex. There's not enough volume in that offense for two Top-24 WRs.

philosophy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby philosophy » Wed May 20, 2020 5:53 pm

Anthony Miller owners will be hoping for a Robert Woods like career trajectory.

I remember seeing flashes of greatness from Woods in BUF, however as most know BUF was abysmal for fantasy purposes especially for WRs. I honestly thought about acquiring him at the time because he was so cheap but, unfortunately for me, also thought best to stay away from an underachiever. And here we are a few years later where he has helped many teams to championships even though he remains undervalued.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed May 20, 2020 9:49 pm

Foles might make this offense watchable for a year, so look forward to seeing how Miller does.

Long term though, this Bears offense looks to continue being horrific for a while longer till they finally hit on a draft QB.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed May 20, 2020 11:14 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:49 pm Foles might make this offense watchable for a year, so look forward to seeing how Miller does.

Long term though, this Bears offense looks to continue being horrific for a while longer till they finally hit on a draft QB.
Only CHI would choose to take on that Foles contract AND give up a pick to choose Nick over Cam.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:08 am

Passes the eye test with flying colors to me and Foles did target the slot quite a bit in Philly--even made Agholor relevant
Just injuries and consistency holding him back. I see a solid high FLEX/WR3 type season this year if he stays healthy.

Being older caps his value to the point he can't have a Godwin like breakout but "next Tyler Boyd" is a solid and very realistic outcome
Robert Woods is a good comparison too if he moves teams

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:57 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:08 am Passes the eye test with flying colors to me and Foles did target the slot quite a bit in Philly--even made Agholor relevant
Just injuries and consistency holding him back. I see a solid high FLEX/WR3 type season this year if he stays healthy.

Being older caps his value to the point he can't have a Godwin like breakout but "next Tyler Boyd" is a solid and very realistic outcome
Anthony Miller is older than Tyler Boyd.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:41 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:57 am
StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:08 am Passes the eye test with flying colors to me and Foles did target the slot quite a bit in Philly--even made Agholor relevant

By like a month. Certainly an inconvenience and reason I wouldn't have taken him in a rookie draft but to me it just means he has to step up this year to have long term value

But for a 3rd year WR we kind of knew that anyways.

I think with his ability to get open he has the potential to benefit a ton with a more accurate QB if he can stay healthy.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:13 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:41 am

By like a month. Certainly an inconvenience and reason I wouldn't have taken him in a rookie draft but to me it just means he has to step up this year to have long term value

I think with his ability to get open he has the potential to benefit a ton with a more accurate QB if he can stay healthy.
Boyd broke out 2 seasons ago, although it would be his 3rd year, Boyd did it a significantly younger age. I think that was his point, but I could be mistaken.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:51 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:13 am
StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:41 am

Boyd broke out 2 seasons ago, although it would be his 3rd year, Boyd did it a significantly younger age. I think that was his point, but I could be mistaken.
Yeah, calling him “the next Tyler Boyd” when he’s older than Boyd now seems weird to me. I always liked the Victor Cruz comparison for Miller as an upside comp. Similar size and athleticism, both with late breakouts at non-Power 5 schools, similar college market share numbers and per catch data.

I’m also not sure Foles is going to win the job. I’m reading more and more that Trubisky could still hold on to the job.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:53 am

I’m not sure why anyone thinks a switch to Foles is going to somehow upgrade the CHI O significantly. Throw out his magical year (and no I am not a fan of throwing out one specific period of performance, but in this case it is just such a stark outlier) and you’ve got 7 years of performance and a guy who has a comparable rating in current NFL era terms of Chad Henne.

I’m pretty sure CHI does not have a QB on its roster that can support 2 good FF WRs, and I sure don’t see Robinson giving up the WR1 spot there.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:06 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:53 am I’m not sure why anyone thinks a switch to Foles is going to somehow upgrade the CHI O significantly. Throw out his magical year (and no I am not a fan of throwing out one specific period of performance, but in this case it is just such a stark outlier) and you’ve got 7 years of performance and a guy who has a comparable rating in current NFL era terms of Chad Henne.

I’m pretty sure CHI does not have a QB on its roster that can support 2 good FF WRs, and I sure don’t see Robinson giving up the WR1 spot there.
Even if you don’t throw out that year, you’ve got the equivalent of Marcus Mariota without the rushing upside.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker