Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:35 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:18 pm I bought Miller as quickly throw in at last year's deadline. I became so unimpressed I cut him without getting an offer of even a 4th for him. Only one team put in a claim for him.

I stumbled across an article about Atwell that had a few paragraphs on Miller that seem worth sharing.
Miller was drafted in the 2nd round of the 2018 draft (pick 51 overall) out of Memphis. Many experts loved Miller as a WR prospect. Matt Miller for Bleacher Report compared him to Brandin Cooks. A SB Nation draft profile said he was a 1st round talent. Lance Zierlein gave him a 6.20 draft grade and a 3rd round projection. All the draft evaluations were very similar. They praised Miller's competitiveness and work ethic. He was a former walk-on and the coaches said he was a hard worker. Experts were concerned about dropped passes and a foot injury. At his pro day, Miller had a 6.65 sec 3 cone (substantially better than Atwell, even though Miller was nearly 50 pounds heavier), had a 39'' vert jump (half a foot better than Atwell) and ran 4.48 sec in the 40. He was 5'11'' tall and 201 pounds.

Miller has struggled his first 3 years in the NFL. One of the plays cited by the press as being emblematic of his problems happened against the Rams in 2019. Miller doesn't run the route precisely and when Trubisky throws the pass, the ball bounces off of Miller's hands, resulting in an INT for Troy Hill. A couple of plays later, Jared Goff throws a deep pass to Cooper Kupp for a 50 yard gain, setting up a Todd Gurley TD plunge from the one yard line. The Rams go up 10-0 and eventually win the game 17-7.

Both Matt Nagy and Mike Furrey (the WR coach, who is a former Rams player) have been openly critical of Miller's work ethic and professionalism. The Bears coaches said that when Miller was a rookie, they would hold their breath, just hoping that Miller would go to the right place in his route. They had concerns with his big ego, how he lacked attention to detail in his route running, struggled to grasp the playbook and didn't prepare properly.

Furrey said, "[Miller] was allowed to get away with a lot of stuff [in college] and his statistics were phenomenal, but that stuff just doesn't work in the pros." Explaining why Miller hadn't gotten more playing time, Furrey said, "The reason why [he's not on the field] is because you can't trust him." The other Bears WRs once jokingly voted Miller the WR most likely to be late to practice.

Despite the coaches telling the media that Miller had improved since his rookie year and turned over a new leaf, things didn't improve in either of his 2nd or 3rd seasons. Recently, the Bears put Miller on the trading block, but there doesn't seem to be much interest in him from other teams. So much for Miller being the next Brandin Cooks. All of the draft profiles praising Miller for his work ethic appear to have been off.
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2021/5/3/ ... fting-tutu
This says it all.

You can watch all the tape on a player you want, but work ethic and attitude you cannot.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:23 am

I guess I'll hold him for now, but not excited about it.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:33 pm

No one noticing the rumors that are swirling that R. Cobb is going back to GB🤔

Makes it more likely A. Miller has a far bigger opportunity in Hou than the Windy City. Maybe you are like Drake and luv you some Keke but I believe Miller takes over as the slot guy between Nico & Brooks.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:25 pm

Not excited for anyone on that team short term. Bad/mediocre teams can easily have good fantasy producers, via garbage time, playing from behind. Historically bad teams tend not to. I think this squad is gonna be the latter.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:29 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:33 pm No one noticing the rumors that are swirling that R. Cobb is going back to GB🤔

Makes it more likely A. Miller has a far bigger opportunity in Hou than the Windy City. Maybe you are like Drake and luv you some Keke but I believe Miller takes over as the slot guy between Nico & Brooks.
He had opportunity there for years, and did little with it. I don't think Miller does much on that team. The only WR I think will be relevant this year for FF purposes is "Brooks". :wink:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:25 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:35 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:18 pm I bought Miller as quickly throw in at last year's deadline. I became so unimpressed I cut him without getting an offer of even a 4th for him. Only one team put in a claim for him.

I stumbled across an article about Atwell that had a few paragraphs on Miller that seem worth sharing.
Miller was drafted in the 2nd round of the 2018 draft (pick 51 overall) out of Memphis. Many experts loved Miller as a WR prospect. Matt Miller for Bleacher Report compared him to Brandin Cooks. A SB Nation draft profile said he was a 1st round talent. Lance Zierlein gave him a 6.20 draft grade and a 3rd round projection. All the draft evaluations were very similar. They praised Miller's competitiveness and work ethic. He was a former walk-on and the coaches said he was a hard worker. Experts were concerned about dropped passes and a foot injury. At his pro day, Miller had a 6.65 sec 3 cone (substantially better than Atwell, even though Miller was nearly 50 pounds heavier), had a 39'' vert jump (half a foot better than Atwell) and ran 4.48 sec in the 40. He was 5'11'' tall and 201 pounds.

Miller has struggled his first 3 years in the NFL. One of the plays cited by the press as being emblematic of his problems happened against the Rams in 2019. Miller doesn't run the route precisely and when Trubisky throws the pass, the ball bounces off of Miller's hands, resulting in an INT for Troy Hill. A couple of plays later, Jared Goff throws a deep pass to Cooper Kupp for a 50 yard gain, setting up a Todd Gurley TD plunge from the one yard line. The Rams go up 10-0 and eventually win the game 17-7.

Both Matt Nagy and Mike Furrey (the WR coach, who is a former Rams player) have been openly critical of Miller's work ethic and professionalism. The Bears coaches said that when Miller was a rookie, they would hold their breath, just hoping that Miller would go to the right place in his route. They had concerns with his big ego, how he lacked attention to detail in his route running, struggled to grasp the playbook and didn't prepare properly.

Furrey said, "[Miller] was allowed to get away with a lot of stuff [in college] and his statistics were phenomenal, but that stuff just doesn't work in the pros." Explaining why Miller hadn't gotten more playing time, Furrey said, "The reason why [he's not on the field] is because you can't trust him." The other Bears WRs once jokingly voted Miller the WR most likely to be late to practice.

Despite the coaches telling the media that Miller had improved since his rookie year and turned over a new leaf, things didn't improve in either of his 2nd or 3rd seasons. Recently, the Bears put Miller on the trading block, but there doesn't seem to be much interest in him from other teams. So much for Miller being the next Brandin Cooks. All of the draft profiles praising Miller for his work ethic appear to have been off.
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2021/5/3/ ... fting-tutu
This says it all.

You can watch all the tape on a player you want, but work ethic and attitude you cannot.
"Summary: Anthony Miller is a HARD worker."

Oof.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:28 am

The thing that threw me was he was described as a hard worker in that article pre draft. What happened afterwards?

"All the draft evaluations praised Miller's competitiveness and work ethic. He was a former walk-on and the coaches said he was a hard worker." I always look for work ethic and a player displaying it and then not is interesting.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:21 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:28 am The thing that threw me was he was described as a hard worker in that article pre draft. What happened afterwards?

"All the draft evaluations praised Miller's competitiveness and work ethic. He was a former walk-on and the coaches said he was a hard worker." I always look for work ethic and a player displaying it and then not is interesting.
Perhaps it's a case of coaches doing there best to boost their own players? The higher guys get drafted, the more draw you have to recruit future players. Then again, the pros are college do have different levels of commitment, too. Maybe he wasn't willing to take on that next level of commitment.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:42 pm

Cut by the Texans. It's over, folks.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:55 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:42 pm Cut by the Texans. It's over, folks.
I think it is fair to say it was already over......
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:17 pm

murphysxm wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:55 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:42 pm Cut by the Texans. It's over, folks.
I think it is fair to say it was already over......
You know it's bad when this it the argument people are having over him. :lol:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:46 pm

So the Texans basically got 4 weeks of Miller and 5 receptions for 23 yards to move from the 5th round to the 7th ...
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:17 pm

Don't quite understand the move. Miller should resurface unless this was behavioral.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:42 pm

Well, he's still cheap

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:43 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:42 pm Well, he's still cheap
:lol:

"Anybody who doesn't get Anthony Miller will be missing out on the cheapest WR in years."

Fixed. Perfect.