Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

Postby Sriracha » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:30 pm

ericanadian wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:06 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:53 am I’m not sure why anyone thinks a switch to Foles is going to somehow upgrade the CHI O significantly. Throw out his magical year (and no I am not a fan of throwing out one specific period of performance, but in this case it is just such a stark outlier) and you’ve got 7 years of performance and a guy who has a comparable rating in current NFL era terms of Chad Henne.

I’m pretty sure CHI does not have a QB on its roster that can support 2 good FF WRs, and I sure don’t see Robinson giving up the WR1 spot there.
Even if you don’t throw out that year, you’ve got the equivalent of Marcus Mariota without the rushing upside.
Foles is actually really good at throwing to the Post and Fade routes, and he's about league average in other facets of his game -- which is much better decision making than Trubisky has shown to date. The optimism is warranted imo, not because he's great but because Trubisky has been so bad.

If CHI decides to go with Foles, highly likely, I believe this helps Allen Robinson a lot more than it helps Miller

AkaliWarrior
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

Postby AkaliWarrior » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:59 am

I'm in the camp that Trubisky will be the starting QB week 1. Honestly, there seems to be a lot of groupthink at the assumption that Foles will win it. He won't. The reason why he won't is because he isn't good enough to blow past Trubisky in training camp. Trubisky will be on a short leash, but he'll be the week 1 starter.

With that said, I don't think either QB is going to do much for Miller or his value. I have literally zero interest in Miller. The offense isn't good enough to provide value for 2 WR's, and Miller isn't going to be better than Robinson without an injury.

While I don't have Miller in any of my leagues, I would hope that his hype increases during the offseason and unload him and another player for a guy like Chark (or similar).

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:09 am

AkaliWarrior wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:59 am I'm in the camp that Trubisky will be the starting QB week 1. Honestly, there seems to be a lot of groupthink at the assumption that Foles will win it. He won't. The reason why he won't is because he isn't good enough to blow past Trubisky in training camp. Trubisky will be on a short leash, but he'll be the week 1 starter.
💯
Chicago has one last chance to see what they have in Trubisky. Foles isn't making them a contender. He can be a fine place holder if MT fails, but that's it.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:16 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:53 am I’m not sure why anyone thinks a switch to Foles is going to somehow upgrade the CHI O significantly. Throw out his magical year (and no I am not a fan of throwing out one specific period of performance, but in this case it is just such a stark outlier) and you’ve got 7 years of performance and a guy who has a comparable rating in current NFL era terms of Chad Henne.

I’m pretty sure CHI does not have a QB on its roster that can support 2 good FF WRs, and I sure don’t see Robinson giving up the WR1 spot there.
Foles is a better passer than Trubisky. As teams shift more defensive attention to Robinson, Miller in the slot could be a very favorable matchup for him.

Miller is a very solid value right now. I don't think he has star upside, but the separation numbers from last season are encouraging enough that he could overachieve his value.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:47 am

Darnell Mooney is my favorite late round flier/post-draft add right now. Not a perfect player, but he broke out early, he has wheels, and there's opportunity in Chicago.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:28 pm

AkaliWarrior wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:59 am I'm in the camp that Trubisky will be the starting QB week 1. Honestly, there seems to be a lot of groupthink at the assumption that Foles will win it. He won't. The reason why he won't is because he isn't good enough to blow past Trubisky in training camp. Trubisky will be on a short leash, but he'll be the week 1 starter.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see, it won't be long now.

But we're now talking about a coach on a very hot hot-seat who is in "must win" territory. So the argument is how much rope he gives the incumbent when it's very much -his- job on the line now. Mitch was never his pick, wasn't his guy. Does he need to demonstrate that MT is not a QB for a few more -actual- games? Perhaps he does.

Nick Foles knows this system, and he's an actual QB. John DeFilippo is the QB coach for the Bears - he was there in Philly for "the run". I -do- expect him to look demonstrably better in camp. Whether Nick starts Week 1 or Week 6... it's going to happen.
Over the last 2 seasons, Trubisky has both the lowest PFF grade when forced to go beyond his 1st read, and is the 2nd least-likely QB to ever make it past his first read

(Fitzmagic passes to 1st read 0.1% points more often)
https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/1272981156401725441

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:53 pm

I’m not sure Nagy is on the hotseat. He’s 20-12 over two seasons. He’s already won more games than Fox did over three seasons. His worst season was equal to the best season they had in the previous five seasons they had before he arrived.

Losing Akiem Hicks destroyed their run defense and made them fairly mediocre overall. I would expect the Bears defense to be solid again next year and not trying to play catchup should help the offense.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:06 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:53 pm I’m not sure Nagy is on the hotseat. He’s 20-12 over two seasons. He’s already won more games than Fox did over three seasons. His worst season was equal to the best season they had in the previous five seasons they had before he arrived.
I don't disagree that he's a good coach, and I probably over-stated the warmth of the seat - but regardless, perception is often reality and those articles and tweets are out there. Vegas has him tied for 6th with Anthony Lynn for first coach fired in the latest odds I could find.

Regardless, the point comes back to when-or-if Foles will replace Trubisky this season. My point being, that if it's a choice between Nagy looking bad because his QB can't execute the system, or Mitch being benched and losing what shred of value he still retained... I think Nagy will push for Foles sooner, than later.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:07 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:53 pm I’m not sure Nagy is on the hotseat. He’s 20-12 over two seasons. He’s already won more games than Fox did over three seasons. His worst season was equal to the best season they had in the previous five seasons they had before he arrived.

Losing Akiem Hicks destroyed their run defense and made them fairly mediocre overall. I would expect the Bears defense to be solid again next year and not trying to play catchup should help the offense.
He's an offensive guru whose offense was just a national joke.

I don't think he is a bad coach just from how he was able to cover up Trubisky being terrible for a year and have a top 10 scoring offense, but he is definitely facing some pressure IMO

And I'm not as sold on the Bears D as you are. They will be fine but Vic Fangio is one of the best defensive minds in football over the last decade or so. Pagano is a decent coordinator but you can't overstate losing Fangio, and some of their cogs are getting up there in years (though more of losing Fangio)

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:32 pm

After week 1, I thought he earned himself some more playing time/targets. Anyone see the game today? What happened?
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:19 pm

TB3falcons wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:32 pm After week 1, I thought he earned himself some more playing time/targets. Anyone see the game today? What happened?
Dropped a touchdown that was actually placed perfectly by Trubisky.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:53 pm

This thread didn't age well...
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Kupp, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:03 pm

CL3VELANDBR0WNS wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:19 pm
TB3falcons wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:32 pm After week 1, I thought he earned himself some more playing time/targets. Anyone see the game today? What happened?
Dropped a touchdown that was actually placed perfectly by Trubisky.
Damn, thought I was gonna be ok with Crowder and Golladay out... guess not.
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:12 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:53 pmThis thread didn't age well...
Tell me about it.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:49 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:12 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:53 pmThis thread didn't age well...
Tell me about it.
It didn't look bad last week. I've bought and sold Miller twice now.

Talent isn't the issue. That Bears offense just can't sustain 2 fantasy WRs consistently.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2