locked popcorn thread!!!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

locked popcorn thread!!!

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:25 am

The popcorn thread has been locked- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=158714

I understand two members decided to have a tiff there, but please unlock it! It was a useful thread. At least give it a few days to let them cool off, then unlock.

Thanks!!!
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: locked popcorn thread!!!

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:48 am

.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:38 am

No, please keep it locked. Save my innocent eyes from the evils of the internet!!!! I even heard there was a cuss word or two in there. Delete it now or we will all burn in hell. Can i say the H word on here?
Now I see the FredDogg one is locked too!!?? No worries, any bold narrative or player evaluation thread can turn into fireworks with this group.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:24 am

Heh. If the 'tiff' has anything to do with me, one direct reply by yours truly doesn't seem like much of a fracas. I checked out of the thread after that, as per my policy.
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:38 am that thread was meant to build camraderie here
How do you figure? It was explicitly a peanut gallery for shitposts. There's such a thing as friendly shitposting, but not with that thread's premise.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:13 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:38 am Yeah, that thread was meant to build camraderie here.
LOL wut?
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:20 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:25 am The popcorn thread has been locked- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=158714

I understand two members decided to have a tiff there, but please unlock it! It was a useful thread. At least give it a few days to let them cool off, then unlock.

Thanks!!!
The thread was going downhill quickly. There will be complaints if it's locked too soon, not soon enough, nothing should be locked, etc.

I'm planning to unlock it in a couple days. Even "Off-Topic", everyone just needs to keep it civil.

joeylitz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby joeylitz » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:21 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:24 am Heh. If the 'tiff' has anything to do with me, one direct reply by yours truly doesn't seem like much of a fracas. I checked out of the thread after that, as per my policy.
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:38 am that thread was meant to build camraderie here
How do you figure? It was explicitly a peanut gallery for shitposts. There's such a thing as friendly shitposting, but not with that thread's premise.
This is a shitpost. :ugeek:

Just kidding
2016 Frozen Tundra Dynasty League Champions
12 Team Dynasty, PPR, 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1FLEX-1PK-1DST

QB: Brees. Wentz, Winston, Rudolph
RB: L. Bell, J. Conner, Michel. McKinnon, L. Miller, Montgomery, T. Riddick, Prosise, J. Conner,
WR: A. Robinson, Woods, M. Jones, Godwin, Boyd, Crabtree, Moncrief, Gabriel, C. Henderson, J. Washington, J. Moore
TE: D. Walker. Hooper, I. Thomas
K: Elliott
DST: DEN. KC

Draft:
1.08: Hockenson
2.08: JAWS
3.08:

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:06 pm

The Prez said ;

" LOCK IT UP ...LOCK IT UP "

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:51 pm

"Camraderie" probably wasn't the best word choice to describe what I was going for. The reality is that 99% of threads here disappear within a few days (weeks at best) and are replaced by materially similar threads.

A good, healthy forum has a few threads that not only endure on the first page, but bring the community together.

For example, I have been a non-posting member of the Off-Topic sub-forum of Trackforum.com for over 15 years. It has a "Crazy Story" thread written by forum members thread that is gonna celebrate its 15th anniversary in July and has over 33,000 posts.

So put on your long-view glasses and consider the possibilites. Not only could the Popcorn thread endure, it could also act as a record of many great/hot discussions. Imagine in a few years going through it and clicking on all the links. Could be awesome.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:08 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:51 pm "Camraderie" probably wasn't the best word choice to describe what I was going for. The reality is that 99% of threads here disappear within a few days (weeks at best) and are replaced by materially similar threads.

A good, healthy forum has a few threads that not only endure on the first page, but bring the community together.

For example, I have been a non-posting member of the Off-Topic sub-forum of Trackforum.com for over 15 years. It has a "Crazy Story" thread written by forum members thread that is gonna celebrate its 15th anniversary in July and has over 33,000 posts.

So put on your long-view glasses and consider the possibilites. Not only could the Popcorn thread endure, it could also act as a record of many great/hot discussions. Imagine in a few years going through it and clicking on all the links. Could be awesome.
Would be awesome, but didn't get the sense that was the purpose of the thread. Seemed to be more like "look at these people going at it" type. Like shitposting. Entertaining perhaps, but didn't strike me as what you describe here. Hell, putting "drama" in the title was a bad look, if that was the purpose.

That was the general thrust about another thread I'd done- All-Time Discussions, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=162789

Others have said the same points keep getting brought up, so veteran posters have said they don't care to have a discussion about, say, the value of PPR or non-ppr for the umpteenth time. But, if certain points keep getting brought up, a reference showing quality in-depth discussions about them would be good. Hell, a "greatest hits" collection for a given year would probably dredge up all sorts of cool threads and great discussions here.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:40 am

" Hell, a "greatest hits" collection for a given year would probably dredge up all sorts of cool threads and great discussions here. "

I think it was more intended for " greatest hit jobs "

:surprised:
Flame On, Flame On People :twisted:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:17 pm

Glad to hear it may get unlocked. :)

I think it serves multiple purposes - entertainment, informative (in the sense that it gave you an idea of how different peoples personalities come out), historical (eventually) and yes while Camaraderie may be the wrong word - if it helped build a sense of belonging I am all for it as well.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ajpmn01
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ajpmn01 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:31 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:17 pm Glad to hear it may get unlocked. :)

I think it serves multiple purposes - entertainment, informative (in the sense that it gave you an idea of how different peoples personalities come out), historical (eventually) and yes while Camaraderie may be the wrong word - if it helped build a sense of belonging I am all for it as well.
Nicely said.