Joe Mixon Thread: 4 Year extension in Cincy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Mixon to the Hall of Fame

Postby Jfever » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:32 am

Oddball456 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:22 am After 2 weeks Mixon has 17 rushes for 27 yards, 5 catches for 17 yards, and 1 ankle sprain.

Is he just banged up? CIN run game in the crapper? I haven't seen any CIN game yet this year. I am not in a panic yet, but I am little worried putting him out there week 3 vs BUF.
AJG is out, their O-line was weak to start with and is now decimated by injury. No mystery here.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:34 am

He is a bad player this season. Around 1 YPC, they will cut him in the offseason.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:36 am

He will be ok against Buffalo, injuries aside. Their pass defense is so good that Cincy will have to run the ball a lot. I just would not expect a dominant game, but should get plenty of carries and you can run with some success versus the Bills.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:51 am

Ice wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:01 pm Mixon is a tentative runner with horrible vision. Bell is the exact opposite type RB. He has patience and vision.

Until Mixon proves he has the vision to see holes develop he will be closer to a bust than a stud. It makes no difference how big, strong, or fast he is if he can't improve his vision/anticipation.

He is hold to his owners but the phrase caveat emptor should be considered for all others!
To quote myself....... I am not surprised at all. I see this player as classic tease.
He looks the part once in a while but in the end "All Hat; No Cattle"
Last edited by Ice on Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:52 am

Ice wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:51 am
Ice wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:01 pm Mixon is a tentative runner with horrible vision. Bell is the exact opposite type RB. He has patience and vision.

Until Mixon proves he has the vision to see holes develop he will be closer to a bust than a stud. It makes no difference how big, strong, or fast he is if he can't improve his vision/anticipation.

He is hold to his owners but the phrase caveat emptor should be considered for all others!
To quote myself....... I am not surprised at all. I see this player as classic tease.
He looks the part once in a while but "All Hat; No Cattle"
Eh, let’s see how this continues to age as this season & next play out.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:09 am

Pretty sure in 8 of 30 games now he has had under 2.5 YPC. and most of those were under 2 YPC.

He disappears way too much for a RB1 which is where he is almost always drafted.

Additionally, he isn't much of a threat out of the backfield with 78 career receptions for 600 yards and 1 TD. He has had multi TD's in only 2 games in his career.

No thank you on this player. Not saying he isn't worth owning but teams draft and own this player to be a RB1 and odds are he will disappoint at an alarmingly high rate.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:46 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:09 am Pretty sure in 8 of 30 games now he has had under 2.5 YPC. and most of those were under 2 YPC.

He disappears way too much for a RB1 which is where he is almost always drafted.

Additionally, he isn't much of a threat out of the backfield with 78 career receptions for 600 yards and 1 TD. He has had multi TD's in only 2 games in his career.

No thank you on this player. Not saying he isn't worth owning but teams draft and own this player to be a RB1 and odds are he will disappoint at an alarmingly high rate.
Can argue against those stats and to this point Mixon has largely disappointed. Last year was a great leap and this year was expected to be another big jump which obviously has had quite a rocky start. I disagree however with your previous post implying this is mostly Mixon's fault as a runner. His O-line was the worst in the league his rookie season and are just as bad if not worse this season with the all the injuries. Any RB is going to be extremely dependent on their O-line except for maybe Barkley.

Also he isn't a threat out of the backfield but he should be....one of the most efficient receiving backs in the league over the past 2 seasons and he was great in college. Seems like a schematic issue which isn't his fault.

Points are points though and Mixon isn't getting many/

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Mixon is fine - but people continue to overestimate the importance of the actual running back and underestimate the importance of the team around him.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:20 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:51 pm Mixon is fine - but people continue to overestimate the importance of the actual running back and underestimate the importance of the team around him.
So much this, this year was meant to be an improvement for the team/O-Line but with one retirement and another season ending injury he is back to/even worse than last year. I won't be starting him in my league till I see better numbers but I wont throw out the player.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:16 pm

AussieMate wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:20 pm
Phaded wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:51 pm Mixon is fine - but people continue to overestimate the importance of the actual running back and underestimate the importance of the team around him.
So much this, this year was meant to be an improvement for the team/O-Line but with one retirement and another season ending injury he is back to/even worse than last year. I won't be starting him in my league till I see better numbers but I wont throw out the player.
This. I dont know what anyone expects when hes getting murdered before he can anything with the ball. Early in his rookie year he also tried a little too hard to be like Bell but I've seen a lot of maturity in his style. He doesnt try to bounce everything outside or get too cute with his lateral movements. But my goodness, could you imagine him anywhere except the Bungles? Picture him on the Bucs or Chiefs. He's done nothing to dissuade me from believing he was the most talented RB in his class. He just landed in the worst spot.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:01 am

:clap: Bravo. So many on these threads forget this. It applies to Rb and Te a great deal. Heck, Corey Davis is a very talented Wr... he isn't startable in fantasy because of the scheme and the people around him. Mixon is a legit top 5 rb type talent. His O-line is decimated, the Bengals use Gio a bit as a 3rd down option, and with AJG out, it's pretty easy for opposing defenses to focus on the one elite talent on that offense. Everything we do in fantasy must be done while taking into consideration - context.

I'm of the mindset that better days are on the horizon for Mixon. For the time being though.... its tough. * in a way it reminds me of Gurley under his previous coaching staff. Situation is less than good.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:25 am

JFever wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:01 am
:clap: Bravo. So many on these threads forget this. It applies to Rb and Te a great deal. Heck, Corey Davis is a very talented Wr... he isn't startable in fantasy because of the scheme and the people around him. Mixon is a legit top 5 rb type talent. His O-line is decimated, the Bengals use Gio a bit as a 3rd down option, and with AJG out, it's pretty easy for opposing defenses to focus on the one elite talent on that offense. Everything we do in fantasy must be done while taking into consideration - context.

I'm of the mindset that better days are on the horizon for Mixon. For the time being though.... its tough. * in a way it reminds me of Gurley under his previous coaching staff. Situation is less than good.
I agree with this 100% ... my one concern is that I was hoping for more creativity from Taylor. He’s done a great job with utilizing Ross, I’m was (still am) hoping he’d involve Mixon as a receiver more. Still it’s too early to panic, Mixon is still dealing with the ankle injury.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:45 pm

Mixon defenders will always live in denial and blame the team but the very average Gio Bernard has been a fantasy stud in 3 of the 4 games he's started for that same team over the same timespan.

Mixon is an athletic freak, but he has horrible vision/instincts and is constantly banged up. That makes for a decent player in total, but not a 1st round startup type player like he is valued.

This Bengals team is no worse than the Giants or Panthers teams that currently house the #1 and #2 ranked dynasty RBs.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:17 pm

Vcize wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:45 pm
Mixon defenders will always live in denial and blame the team but the very average Gio Bernard has been a fantasy stud in 3 of the 4 games he's started for that same team over the same timespan.

Mixon is an athletic freak, but he has horrible vision/instincts and is constantly banged up. That makes for a decent player in total, but not a 1st round startup type player like he is valued.

This Bengals team is no worse than the Giants or Panthers teams that currently house the #1 and #2 ranked dynasty RBs.
Barkley is in his own tier....CMC also had rushing woes his rookie season but he is again in a different tier when speaking of receiving which is largely what he's been riding on not to mention the Panthers were the 10th ranked offense last season I believe, I'm guessing the Bengals have been bottom 10 for Mixon's entire career up to this point.

As for injuries Mixon has missed 2 1/2 games so far but other than that has largely remained off the injury report. I'd hardly call that "always banged up". I do agree Mixon still has plenty of room to improve but if he was on say the saints or rams or steelers then those issues would be largely covered up and we'd most likely be talking about Mixon along with guys like CMC/Barkley/Zeke. There's only so much a RB can do with a horrible offense/ O-line. Gurley went from Dud to Stud in a single season and that can almost entirely be contributed to better coaching and an overall offense that went from bottom 5 to best offense in the league.

I know I'm making up excuses because at the end of the day Mixon is on the Bengals and that isn't going to change so perhaps you are right he is slightly over valued as a 2nd round startup pick. His value was largely projected on another leap in production with some key improvements on the O-line and young exciting offensive HC. Except now going into week 3 the Bengals O-line is arguably worse off than it was in 2017.
Last edited by Titans95 on Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:17 pm

I'm not a Mixon defender or owner - but your arguments are a bit confusing. This is a very different Bengals team than last year and this year Gio has a miserable 27 yards off 13 carries.

The Bengals are a dumpster fire.

As far as your reference to other teams, albeit two weeks in - the Giants rank as the best run blocking offensive line in the league, the Panthers rank 19th and the Bengals? Dead last.