Penny will lead in touches in a committee
52%

Total votes: 94

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: So you're telling me there's a chance! Chris Carson Edition ***POLL***

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:56 pm

I remember trading him to my dad right before the 2017 season and thinking I got the best of the deal.

I gave: Carson + Golladay

I got: Corey Davis

That went great for me...

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:57 pm

Do any of the other backs in Seattle become interesting or worth adding with the Penny injury?

(I don’t know the timeline for an ACL year, will Penny be back by the start of next season?)

Travis Homer?
CJ Prosise?

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:36 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:57 pm Do any of the other backs in Seattle become interesting or worth adding with the Penny injury?

(I don’t know the timeline for an ACL year, will Penny be back by the start of next season?)

Travis Homer?
CJ Prosise?
Likely will miss all offseason and preseason with the injury coming so late in the year. He might have limited work a week or two before the season kicks off, but I wouldn't count on meaningful work until week 4 or so. Really hoping they don't bring him back too early
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:42 am

Back to my baby of a thread. One of the most disrespected players in NFL history. All he has done is go hard. 2 TDs in the first half today. Last two seasons he put up 2800 yards and 18 TDs.

Still consensus dynasty ranked 25 rb in this sites rankings. Below Anthony Montgomery, Drake, every rookie RB including Akers and Gibson, Hunt, etc. Smh. I understand he has had injuries, he runs hard. All he has done is produce. Nice to have gotten him essentially free everywhere. See if his legs hold up this year
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:47 pm

_yeti wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:42 am Back to my baby of a thread. One of the most disrespected players in NFL history. All he has done is go hard. 2 TDs in the first half today. Last two seasons he put up 2800 yards and 18 TDs.

Still consensus dynasty ranked 25 rb in this sites rankings. Below Anthony Montgomery, Drake, every rookie RB including Akers and Gibson, Hunt, etc. Smh. I understand he has had injuries, he runs hard. All he has done is produce. Nice to have gotten him essentially free everywhere. See if his legs hold up this year
Drafted in the 7th round....people don’t respect his draft capital. :shifty: I’m with you though. At some point you have to figure results > resume.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:55 pm

I would be happy if he was my RB2. I would be worried but happy with the production of him as my RB1, Seattle is just too "hot-hand"-centric for me to be comfortable relying on anyone in that backfield for the long-term. Great for real life, not great for fantasy
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:18 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:55 pm I would be happy if he was my RB2. I would be worried but happy with the production of him as my RB1, Seattle is just too "hot-hand"-centric for me to be comfortable relying on anyone in that backfield for the long-term. Great for real life, not great for fantasy
You’ve been living in a fantasy land. The only years where Seattle floundered at RB were 2015-2017 between Lynch and Carson. His name is Christine Michael -also known as- a 3 year waste of a 2nd round investment for the Seahawks and probably most fantasy owners.... This is a great example of people waiting for the bottom to fall out.....and then it doesn’t. :roll: He has consistently been the guy since 2017 and every year we come up with some poor excuse to underrate him.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:08 pm

If you're a contender - consider buying Chris Carson - if his usage in Week I continues - he'll likely be a goldmine. Hes currently outtouching Gibson & Ekeler and likely will cost 25-50% less (if not a bigger discount).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:18 pm

Carson vs Collins today-
Run- 13/30/0 vs 10/44/1
Rec (target/catch/yards/TD)- 1/1/1/0 vs 2/2/34/0

Collins getting more touches than he did from weeks 1-3 combined can be dismissed as an aberration, but Carson's reduced efficiency is the bigger concern in my book.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:22 pm

Carson doesn't have the breakaway speed so he's always had the looming threat, then he shakes it off and produces.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:31 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:18 pm Carson vs Collins today-
Run- 13/30/0 vs 10/44/1

Collins getting more touches than he did from weeks 1-3 combined can be dismissed as an aberration, but Carson's reduced efficiency is the bigger concern in my book.
I agree with this, he had a good game week 1, and we're still early on so without trying to overreact, he's been pretty TD dependent over the last few games and it seems his usage as a receiver has gone down significantly since last season.

Carson is a solid back for fantasy. problem I have with him is consistency. If he doesn't have a big run, or a TD your probably not getting much. And im not taking the big plays away from him, just that your not gonna hit those big plays every game, and thats where you get games where he rushes for 30 yards and essentially nothing else.

Not a bad RB if he's your 2nd or 3rd, don't think your competing if he's leading your backfield though
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:27 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:31 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:18 pm Carson vs Collins today-
Run- 13/30/0 vs 10/44/1

I agree with this, he had a good game week 1, and we're still early on so without trying to overreact, he's been pretty TD dependent over the last few games and it seems his usage as a receiver has gone down significantly since last season.

Carson is a solid back for fantasy. problem I have with him is consistency. If he doesn't have a big run, or a TD your probably not getting much. And im not taking the big plays away from him, just that your not gonna hit those big plays every game, and thats where you get games where he rushes for 30 yards and essentially nothing else.

Not a bad RB if he's your 2nd or 3rd, don't think your competing if he's leading your backfield though
My concern is, with limited passing work, his ceiling is so TD based. Through 4 weeks-
54 for 232 rush, 3 TDs
6 targets, 6 catches, 29 yards

Depending on league scoring, that's about RB26. I couldn't see wanting that RB production as my #2. Maybe, maybe #3- I have a contender in an RB heavy league with two studs but Pollard/Latavius/E Mitchell as the best options behind them and I wouldn't target Carson.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def