Russell Wilson Discussion Thread - Split with Seahawks?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
joshb
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Russell Wilson Discussion Thread - Split with Seahawks?

Postby joshb » Sun May 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Early reports coming out say the coaching staff thinks that he can compete for the starting job. Thoughts?
12 team non-ppr
QB Murray, Stafford
RB JT, Chubb, A. Jones, Dobbins, D. Pierce, R. White, K. Miller
WR Deebo, Metcalf, Higgins, Juju, E. Moore, Toney, M. Wilson, T. Thornton
TE Schultz, Kincaid, Musgrave, Likely

GregOfTheDead
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Russell Wilson

Postby GregOfTheDead » Sun May 13, 2012 4:19 pm

I have a strong feeling he will be on waivers after my rookie draft and im half-tempted to stash him....I just traded matt flynn for 1.15 a few days ago too

shivs
Captain
Captain

Postby shivs » Sun May 13, 2012 5:47 pm

Reminds me of Doug Flutie.

Wilson might be a solid stash in deep leagues. Barring injury, Wilson will not be seeing the field for a while with the acquisition of Flynn. Then again, not many people thought Skelton would be given much opportunity to start over Kolb...
"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it" - Steve Prefontaine

12 Tm, nonPPR, kr's, IDP. QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, DL, LB, DB, DL/LB/DB
QB: P. Manning, Glennon, Palmer, Freeman
RB: Peterson, Rice, R. Bush, J. Bell, Pierce, Cunningham
WR: A. Johnson, J. Nelson, Fitzgerald, M. Austin, M. Jones, Givens, Hartline, Wayne (IR)
TE: Graham, Gates, Bostick, Hill
K: Novak
DL: Quinn, Wake
LB: Laurinaitis, Posluszny, Washington
DB: Barron

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun May 13, 2012 5:48 pm

I don't think he has a legit chance to start in 2012, but I like him as a player that could surprise a lot of people in the future.

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Sun May 13, 2012 10:50 pm

he's a guy that intrigues me from what i've read. I'm wondering how he would rate stash wise compared to ryan mallet and joe webb.

general mills
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby general mills » Mon May 14, 2012 6:37 am

They bring in Tavaris last year and it didn't work out. This year they bring in Flynn. Now I wouldn't think they believe he is the future but will or should be the answer now. Wilson is more of their project for the future. They probably don't want Flynn getting too comfortable so they put out that Wilson could start for them.

Compared to Mallet and Webb. I would think he gets his opportunity before either one of them going forward. Unless of an injury. Webb will be stuck behind Ponder, they drafted him early so they have to give him his chance to prove himself. Mallet is behind Brady. So I guess it will all be determined how long do you want to hold onto them.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Mon May 14, 2012 12:17 pm

Mallet >> Wilson>>>>>> Webb

NE getting Mallet where they did was the steal of the draft last year. Mallet is better then any QB coming out this year that isn't the son of a QB with a lucky last name or any player that is the third of their name sake.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Russell Wilson QB SEA

Postby dm1129 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:05 am

I really didn't know about him until doing some reading before the NFL draft in April. The more I learn about him, the more I like him. It seems the biggest knock on him by NFL scouts is his height(5'-11"). Last night he looked very good. I know he played against 2nd and 3rd stringers, so to project from what he did last night is sketchy at best. With that said, what impressed me is he looked extremely poised, he 'looked' like an NFL QB. Is it possible there has been so much attention paid to Luck and RG3(deservedly) that perhaps Wilson is not receiving the attention that he deserves? I am asking this in purely a Dynasty context because I know SEA also has paid Flynn and their WRs are lacking. In other words, it isn't a great situation in the short-term. If anyone has an opinion on him either pro or con, I would appreciate it.

dlf_erich
MVP
MVP

Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA

Postby dlf_erich » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:09 am

You said it all in your 3rd sentence. If he was 3-4 inches taller, he likely would've been a 1st round draft pick. Ironically, he worked behind a bigger OL at Wisconsin than he does now, and didn't have problems then!

He has a big arm, is accurate, and can run. He's also a great leader. I personally think he will see some time as starting QB this year.
Twitter: @EDH_27

falcons23
Starter
Starter

Postby falcons23 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:31 am

He was my sleeper at QB ever since drafted. As you can see i own him on every team. Dominated in college and was always overlooked
16 tm, non ppr

D Watson, M Mariota
K Hunt, K Johnson, D Booker
D Hopkins, M Evans, S Diggs, A Cooper, A Robinson
H Henry, E Ebron

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:57 am

He's definitely a very good player & I think he has a shot to start someday. He's a nice stash if your league allows extra roster spots or a PS.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

DRS540
Captain
Captain

Postby DRS540 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:03 pm

Dude is a winner in every way. Draft him or regret it later.
12 Team Keeper League/PPR after 3 Catches - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, DEF, K

QB: Derek Carr
RB: David Johnson, Joe Mixon, James White, Derrick Henry, Adrian Peterson, Alvin Kamara
WR: Keenan Allen, Brandin Cooks, Martavis Bryant, Corey Coleman, Chris Hogan, Emmanuel Sanders
TE: Martellus Bennett, Austin Hooper
FLEX: Martavis Bryant
D/ST: Steelers
K: Cairo Santos

IR: Julian Edelman

2018 Keepers: TBD

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:15 pm

How many 5'11 QBs ever get a shot and succeed? I can think of one in the modern era.

Not saying he can't do it, but I'd say it's unlikely.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:21 pm

Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:How many 5'11 QBs ever get a shot and succeed? I can think of one in the modern era.

Not saying he can't do it, but I'd say it's unlikely.
As much as I like Wilson, I kind of have to agree with this. My guess is that if Wilson fails, this will put an end to any teams taking shots on "undersized" QBs. He has every other tool you'd want and he cost a high third round selection. Teams won't want to waste high picks like that again if Wilson can't produce. I hope the best for him and I think he should be owned, but it's a long shot. But what late dynasty rookie pick isn't?

ccj
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ccj » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:37 pm

I don't know, Vick and Brees are listed at 6'. I don't know what Wilson's other measurables are, but I'd take an inch in hand size over an inch in height.