Russell Wilson Discussion Thread - Split with Seahawks?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: How good will Russel Wilson be going forward?

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:17 am

AussieMate wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:58 pm Wilson will be amazing going forward like he always is in real life football, in fantasy I cannot stand how the seahawks run their team. There are multiple teams in the league who could only dream of getting a QB on his level yet Carroll still seems to want to live in the 90's and run more, I just don't get it.
I’m no Pete Carroll fan, but I do understand the mentality. It’s not regressive, it’s about being ahead of the curve. League rules were changed to promote passing, and Ds adjusted by putting more pass coverage capable players on the field, to the point where some teams were using nickel or big nickel sets as their base formation and dime packages were normal.

As teams keep putting more pass coverage on the field, it make sense that an offense that attacks with the run, and particularly run between the tackles, will gain advantage as O linemen, big TEs or 2 TE formations, and big backs will have a size/strength edge that they can exploit.

Offenses are always looking for D weaknesses that they can exploit, just as Ds are looking for O weaknesses to exploit. It’s the nature of successful teams. Like Carroll or not, I’d call his SEA program successful - they’ve had double digit wins in 8 of the last 9 years.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: How good will Russel Wilson be going forward?

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:25 pm

Michael Silver floated the idea that it'd take 3 1sts to get Seattle to talk about trading him.

On the flip side, Carolina is reportedly hard gunning after an elite QB. Assuming they miss on Watson, could you see them paying up for Wilson? I know it's pure speculation, but this is fun as hell. Bridgewater would be the ball control QB Carroll seems to want. The impact on those WR corps would be... interesting, lol.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Russell Wilson/Seahawks Split?

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:17 am

Russell Wilson's camp has approached the Seattle Seahawks for a potential trade, per @MikeDugar, @SandoNFL and @JaysonJenks

Potential destinations include: Dolphins, Jets, Saints, and Raiders.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1364961662051246084

Could have a big impact if it happens this offseason. Plus, what would Seattle even do at QB?

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Russell Wilson/Seahawks Split?

Postby jcc6fd » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:30 am

DK Metcalf owners are starting to sweat a little. Would totally suck for them to reset at QB.

Theoretically of the teams mentioned you’d assume Carr, Tua, or Darnold are included in the return. Carr would be a significant drop but serviceable for skill players. Tua, Darnold or another FA or rookie would likely be a disaster.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:31 am

Zero chance NO can get him. They have no premium draft picks, no great young players who aren't going to require immediate huge contract extensions and they are buried by the salary cap. So what would Seattle get in return if NO could somehow make the cap work?

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:39 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:31 am what would Seattle get in return if NO could somehow make the cap work?
Alvin Kamara?

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:02 pm

Vendetta wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:39 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:31 am what would Seattle get in return if NO could somehow make the cap work?
Alvin Kamara?
That wouldn’t even get the conversation started. This isn’t fantasy.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:35 pm

All these QB's have a Brady Complex because he was able to get players he wanted and he wins all the time making them feel pretty stupid in the process IMO.

Don't see Wilson going anywhere but it would be pretty shocking if he was traded. Wilson is probably more mad he only makes 35 million a year.

Seattle my becoming a mess since Since Allen died a few years back. Wilson was treated like a King a few years ago and that doesn't seem to be the case these days. I was listening to Cowherd today and he brought that up and it made some sense.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:58 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:35 pm All these QB's have a Brady Complex because he was able to get players he wanted and he wins all the time making them feel pretty stupid in the process IMO.

Don't see Wilson going anywhere but it would be pretty shocking if he was traded. Wilson is probably more mad he only makes 35 million a year.

Seattle my becoming a mess since Since Allen died a few years back. Wilson was treated like a King a few years ago and that doesn't seem to be the case these days. I was listening to Cowherd today and he brought that up and it made some sense.
I wouldn't even say it's a Brady complex.

Today's QB understands the power they have. They are by far the most important position on the field, so it makes no sense to waste your prime years for an organization that doesn't fit how you want to play, or isn't giving you the necessary pieces. Power to the player.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:04 pm

I still don't think he gets dealt but this seems to have more meat to it than the initial rumblings

Would love to see him in Chicago to make Mooney into Tyler Lockett 2.0

Realistically though he stays, SEA beefs up the OL and gives the OC (selected by Russ) more control (and Pete less)

If he does get dealt somehow I think it'll be Dallas for Dak+. That would be...interesting to say the least

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:14 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:58 pm
Ice wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:35 pm All these QB's have a Brady Complex because he was able to get players he wanted and he wins all the time making them feel pretty stupid in the process IMO.

I wouldn't even say it's a Brady complex.

Today's QB understands the power they have. They are by far the most important position on the field, so it makes no sense to waste your prime years for an organization that doesn't fit how you want to play, or isn't giving you the necessary pieces. Power to the player.
Not really sure in a salary cap era the players really have all that much power. Players like Wilson and Watson can complain and even get the media on their side but the power is with the ownership and the league is set up to be to competitive.

Pre salary cap Jerry Jones went out and got the best players money could buy and the Cowboy New Players, Fans, and Jerry were in football heaven.

Then the owners were like WTF... we can't compete and now their is a salary cap with rules to help owners keep the best player no matter how much they complain.

The NFL works because it is not a democracy. A few of the very best players at least get trade clause rejection power but they have zero say if they get to actually go anywhere under the current CBA which is 10 years I think.

Of course a star player can always sit out for 40K a day or so in unforgivable fines.

Don't really think Wilson wants to go anywhere. Obviously, Watson does so we will see but he is far and away the exception in the grand scheme these days and so far the Texans haven't blinked and they are such a mess they probably should.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:15 pm

I'm not gonna go into the larger discussion about the power/limits of NFL players, or if there have been changes. I won't talk about how recent changes in the relationship of star NBA players and teams may be duplicating in the NFL. I won't discuss the common elements of players taking stands against vested interests in their sport (teams and the league) and the recent surge in populism (Too Big To Fail, the Occupy movements like Occupy Wall Street, Trumpism and Robinhood) that pits The People against entrenched political/economic interests.

I will say I hate the idea of Wilson in cold open-stadium Chicago. Of the teams I've seen mentioned, Oakland seems the best combo of feasibility and fantasy impact. After New Orleans tried to pull a three way to get Cleveland to sign Clowney so they'd pay the signing bonus, I'll never dismiss them. I wonder if there are limits to how many years in advance you can deal picks. You're seeing NBA teams dealing 1sts that are 5 years away.

I am curious if teams are getting stonewalled by the Texans abd they've turned their attention to Seattle.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:24 am

I think a good portion of this is the heightened awareness of QB shuffling that’s happening in the league right now. It seems pretty unprecedented that in one off season QBs like Stafford, Wentz, Watson, Dak, Wilson, Goff, Carr, Trubisky, Garrapollo and Mariota are all available in addition to the QB class that is shuffling in. It’s like a wild game of musical chairs!! :dance: I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if a Wilson for Dak trade came to fruition. But it makes me wonder, looking at the big picture, which QBs are going to be left out - at least in terms of movement.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:04 am

I would be shocked if Dallas had any interest in trading Dak for him considering Dak is 5 years younger and looked just as good as him before injury last season. Doesn't seem like a worthwhile move.

As a Russ owner, I'm not thrilled that he might be on the move. I think there are more than a few landing spots that would hurt his fantasy production going forward.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:26 am

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:04 am I would be shocked if Dallas had any interest in trading Dak for him considering Dak is 5 years younger and looked just as good as him before injury last season. Doesn't seem like a worthwhile move.

As a Russ owner, I'm not thrilled that he might be on the move. I think there are more than a few landing spots that would hurt his fantasy production going forward.
Agree. That wouldn't help Dallas. They would have to turnaround and renegotiate Wilson's deal anyway due to Cap issues.