Russell Wilson Discussion Thread - Split with Seahawks?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: How good will Russel Wilson be going forward?

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:56 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... lay-til-45

Valhalla will (hopefully) like this news.

Wonder if he is inspired by Bradys plans to do so.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:01 pm

I love Wilson, but he is stuck playing for an idiot for a head coach. The Seahawks threw the least amount of passes of any team in the NFL last year. They already said they want to still pound the rock. They fired Bevell and hired a similar non passing OC. Why wouldn't they want to throw 45 times a game with one of the best QBs in the league? This isn't the 1980's FFS.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:49 pm

TheNuts wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:01 pm I love Wilson, but he is stuck playing for an idiot for a head coach. The Seahawks threw the least amount of passes of any team in the NFL last year. They already said they want to still pound the rock. They fired Bevell and hired a similar non passing OC. Why wouldn't they want to throw 45 times a game with one of the best QBs in the league? This isn't the 1980's FFS.
I agree. Imagine if they used Wilson, Lockett and Penny with their skill sets and some actual imagination.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:06 pm

I think Wilson will throw a bit more this year, because I suspect last year's pass attempts probably represent a low outlier. I'm still not expecting more than 500 attempts, though.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:46 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:08 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:43 pm Luck has an abysmal floor
Care to elaborate on this? How does Luck have an abysmal floor?

I'd argue that his floor when healthy is 4000 yards and 30 passing TDs no matter how bad the players are in his supporting cast. That's pretty dang good if you ask me. The only argument I can see is his health from 2017, but he seems completely recovered from the shoulder issue. To me he's very easily a top-5 dynasty QB with Rodgers, Mahomes, Russ, and Baker, and ahead of Wentz and Watson.

Flschbrger
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flschbrger » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:01 pm

He's my QB2 behind Mahomes. As long as Pete is there they won't be throwing with an increased tick anytime soon. In all honesty, it's fun to see him do this with so little attempts.
10 team, 2 qb, 4WR, 2 RB, FLEX, .5 ppr, 5 pt passing td, 6 pts rush/rec tds (5 qb roster max)

QB - Russell Wilson, David Carr Josh Rosen
WR - Brandin Cooks, Tyreek Hill, Amari Cooper, Tyler Lockett, Marvin Jones, Calvin Ridley, Marquez Valdes-Scantling Robby Anderson, Josh Reynolds, Jamison Crowder, Mecole Hardman, Deon Cain
RB - David Johnson, James Conner, Duke Johnson, Wayne Gallman, Nyheim Hines, Bryce Love, Justice Hill, Ryquell Armstead,
TE - Gerald Everett
FLEX - Chris Carson

DelawareRiverEagles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DelawareRiverEagles » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:24 am

Russell Wilson will be fine going forward. His arm talent isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and he's still efficient. He can still use his legs too.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:08 am

snaps06 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:46 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:43 pm Luck has an abysmal floor

I'd argue that his floor when healthy is 4000 yards and 30 passing TDs no matter how bad the players are in his supporting cast. That's pretty dang good if you ask me. The only argument I can see is his health from 2017, but he seems completely recovered from the shoulder issue. To me he's very easily a top-5 dynasty QB with Rodgers, Mahomes, Russ, and Baker, and ahead of Wentz and Watson.
I don't know what's going on in these quotes, but I didn't post that in this thread.

However, I definitely might have said something like that somewhere else back when Luck's career appeared to be in legitimate jeopardy due to the shoulder stuff (i.e. "abysmal floor" = premature forced retirement). Obviously, the '18 season put those fears to rest. Luck's shoulder now appears to be fine, and Luck's dynasty value has stablilized accordingly.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:43 am

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:08 am Wilson has an abysmal floor.
Care to elaborate on this?

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:46 am

Valhalla wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:43 am The moon landing was a hoax
Care to elaborate on this?

:p

(floor is one thing I've to date never worried about with Wilson, FWIW)
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:32 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:08 am
snaps06 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:46 pm

I don't know what's going on in these quotes, but I didn't post that in this thread.

However, I definitely might have said something like that somewhere else back when Luck's career appeared to be in legitimate jeopardy due to the shoulder stuff (i.e. "abysmal floor" = premature forced retirement). Obviously, the '18 season put those fears to rest. Luck's shoulder now appears to be fine, and Luck's dynasty value has stablilized accordingly.
That's my bad, I didn't see the time stamp on the post. I thought it was a newer thread.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:39 pm

This looks a catch all Russell Wilson thread. (as an aside, look at the number of Russell Wilson vs David Wilson vs Marquess Wilson threads)

With Lockett and Metcalf, it looks like Seattle has solved one of their longstanding receiver issues. However, another one hasn't been addressed- offensive line. It's gotten bad enough that Wilson had a sort of media blitz in the last week. When asked if he was "frustrated with the Seahawks", his response was "I'm frustrated with getting hit too much." When asked about the rumors of teams asking about his trade availability, he said, "I'm not sure if I'm available or not, that's a Seahawks question."

How would a Wilson trade affect his value/production? Since he has a no trade clause, what factors would be consider? Offensive pace, oline protection, championship opportunities? How would losing Wilson affect players like Metcalf?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:58 pm

Wilson will be amazing going forward like he always is in real life football, in fantasy I cannot stand how the seahawks run their team. There are multiple teams in the league who could only dream of getting a QB on his level yet Carroll still seems to want to live in the 90's and run more, I just don't get it.

PPE82
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby PPE82 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:40 pm

Doubt he gets traded. But with the no trade clause, assume wherever he goes would be an upgrade for fantasy.
Team 1
12 Team, SF, PPR, TEP (2PPR)
1-2QB, 2-6RB, 2-6WR, 1-5TE
10 starters, 28 roster spots

Kyler Murray, Rudolph, Brissett, Brady
Keaton Mitchell, scrubs
Jefferson, Lamb, Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Dotson, Josh Palmer, Rashid Shaheed, Toney, Justyn Ross, Metchie, Ronnie Bell
Pitts, Likely
2024 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 2.09, 4.02, 4.12

Team 2
12 Team, SF, PPR, TEP (2PPR)
1-2QB, 2-5RB, 3-6WR, 1-4TE
10 starters, 28 roster spots

Lawrence, Richardson, Young, Mac Jones, Lance, Brady, Bennnet, Haener
Bijan, Charbonnet, Strong Jr., scrubs
Wilson, Nacua, Flowers, Downs, Wicks, Renfrow, Ross, Bell, Metchie
Pitts, Woods
2024 Picks: 1.02, 1.05, 1.06, 1.11, 3.05, 3.06, 3.09, 4.02, 4.09

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:32 pm

I really think this is a lot of offseason chatter. Sure Wilson is unhappy with the amount of hits/sacks he takes. Some of that is assuredly on the offensive line. However, Russ shares some of the blame, since he's constantly scrambling around in the backfield trying to extend plays.

Trouble is, he's not a quick/fast as he used to be and can't get away with some of the things he could earlier in his career. Seattle fans have been clamoring for a better offensive line for years. Literally, every year of Wilson's tenure with the team. Some are calling Wilson out for publicly voicing his displeasure with the protection he receives in the pocket. Saying he's a diva, or that he should keep it "in-house".

If I were him, I'd be saying the exact same thing. He's kept quiet about it, gave traditional "stock" answers when asked tough questions earlier in his career. But he's a proven All-Po talent at this point, and he has every right to voice his displeasure with moves the team has or hasn't made around him.

Pete wants to run more, or at least be more efficient in that area in 2020? Well, better get some linemen who can run block then. Simple as that. Tough to run the offensive scheme you want when you don't have the personnel to do it.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku