1%

Total votes: 125

RocketDr
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Geronimo Allison value

Postby RocketDr » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:46 am

Johnny Canuck wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:47 am
I'm bored waiting around at work so I'll look into this and see what pops up.

2017: Adams, missed weeks 16/17. Cobb, missed weeks 3/13. Jordy, missed weeks 2/17.

Allison's Stats in 2017, in a week that either Adams, Jordy, or Cobb missed.
Week 2 = 3 for 5, 24 yards. 52 air yards, 10% target share. (Rodgers @ QB, Jordy out) 5.4 ppr points.
Week 3 = 6 for 8, 122 yards. 114 air yards, 19% target share. (Rodgers @ QB, Cobb out) 18.2 ppr points.
Week 13 = 0 for 1, 0 yards. 19 air yards, 5% target share. (Hundley @ QB, Cobb out) 0 ppr points.
Week 16 = 1 for 3, 9 yards. 26 air yards, 8% target share. (Hundley @ QB, Adams out) 1.9 ppr points.
Week 17 = 2 for 3, 15 yards. 11 air yards, 9% target share. (Hundley @ QB, Adams & Jordy out) 3.5 ppr points.

Etc, etc, etc.

[/quote]

All this stuff is awesome info. I picked Allison up off WW last year after he started getting a lot of hype from beat writers, and then ARod made some comments about not knowing how Allison went un-drafted. I own Adams and would like to flip Allison just to make some room, but I'm not moving him right now for anything less than a random/mid 3rd.
2-years into dynasty with middle of the pack finish both times
12 team full ppr, .25 ppc, 1.5 TE ppr
Start: QB, 2WR, 2RB, TE, K, DST, 2 Flex
QB: ARod, Newton, Lamar Jackson
RB: Hunt, Shady, Burkhead, Carson, T. Riddick, Corey Grant, Chase Edmonds, Jordan Wilkins,
WR: AB, Davante Adams, Alshon, Allen Hurns, Pryor, Chris Godwin, Anthony Miller
TE: Delanie Walker, Austen Hooper, Rico Gathers
K: Jake Elliott
D: Jax

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:07 am

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:59 am This is more to the point of what I was replying to. How do you define 'great'?

I'm saying I don't think it's some locked-in probability that Allison becomes more than a fantasy WR3 play if Adams were to go down for the season. It's not even a sure thing yet that Allison wins the starting job in 3-wide. Packers threw a wide net at Day 3 WRs this year for a reason, I think.
Those are slightly different topics.

One, which packers WR is likely to win the 3rd WR job? And two, is the packers WR3 a handcuff of sorts for Cobb/Adams owners?

The Pack def did throw a wide net regarding rookie WRs, no argument here on that, esp after hearing some positive news about Moore early in camp. However, by all accounts this is the role that Allison currently occupies, so I'm just going to go with Occam's razor on this one, but like Servo said, as well as you pretty much, it's worthwhile to keep a close eye on those rookies.

Regardless of who wins the role, If Adams/Cobb all of sudden were out, it's highly probable that the next WR in line, would see a significant jump in trade value/ADP, as well as, a production bump. So even if you don't think the production will be there (I personally think it will and I'll outline why below), the player will still be a great sell high.

This exact scenario could happen for Allison (or whomever wins the 3rd WR role - right now it's Allison), and it's not a stretch to see elevated production after an injury to Cobb/Adams. For example, in games were Allison played with Rodgers, and one of Cobb/Jordy/Adams was out, Allison received a > or = to 15% target share, and avg 106 yards per game. This wasn't a situation that's all propped up by one game either (flawing the avg), Allison had no less than 81 yards in these games...I'd characterize that as pretty great production, not sustainable production, but hell I'll take 60% of that 106 avg yards per game.

Despite the small sample size, I'd be willing to bet there's a significant correlation between Aaron Rodgers Target Share Percentage and Fantasy Points.

With Jordy is gone, if Cobb and/or Adams were to go down, I think that the Packers WR3 (Allison ATM, but pick your personal favorite lotto ticket) will see a fair bit more work/production.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:26 am

https://twitter.com/ByRyanWood/status/1 ... 8249583616

As I've said, it's not at all a confident bet that Allison is the WR3 at the end of August.

A valuable 'cuff' is locked-in with that prospect and represents objectively high upside, even putting aside how dubious it is to cuff most WRs in the first place unless we're talking about a 'cuff' like JJSS or Calvin Ridley. Geronimo Allison does not fit this profile. To this point, he's been a next-man-up, not a potential stud in development / waiting for the opportunity.

Y'all that own Allison right now probably plucked him off the wire for free, and as usually proves to be the case, it's more likely than not that still represents his long-run value.

I don't think I ever explicitly answered the OP's question. For me, Allison's value right now is an '18 rookie-draft mid-4th round pick.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

SelectDynastyLeagues
Rookie
Rookie

Postby SelectDynastyLeagues » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:37 am

I think with Moore already working with the first team offense and Graham grabbing more targets than their TEs normally do, it’s hard for me to see Allison as relevant.
42 Team Multi-Copy start-up with promotion and relegation, now full! Reach out to me to be on the waitlist!

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:10 am

Allison has never struck me as more than a depth guy. If he was on a team that didn't have Jedi Rodgers throwing the ball, I'm not sure nearly as many would know his name. He has height, but doesn't show a lot of agility, explosiveness or speed. He's just a guy. Furthermore, Davante Adams is a flanker, and I doubt Allison can be a split end unless everything else has fallen apart around them.
J'Mon Moore is a Sparq stud, testing off the charts as an explosive athlete even if you include his 4.6 40 he ran at the combine. Moore later ran a 4.6 at Missouri's pro day, but his makeup and ability puts him as a split end.
Not only do I believe Moore to be a better player all around, but he fits into the position that's open for the packers.
I also believe that Allison will have to battle to keep Deangelo Yancey and MVS at bay. I don't see Allison winning a real role and could see him being inactive on Sundays.

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:12 am

SelectDynastyLeagues wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:37 am I think with Moore already working with the first team offense and Graham grabbing more targets than their TEs normally do, it’s hard for me to see Allison as relevant.
McCarthy said that for a rookie to get 1st team reps it has to be earned. Moore also said the other day that Aaron Rodgers has taken him under his wing. Having McCarthy and Rodgers take a liking to a young guy is a big deal. We've seen that if Rodgers doesn't trust you, you aren't on the field much.

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:02 am

What would you say his value is at right now? Been injured a couple weeks, but he has put up good numbers when he has played.
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:05 am

Basically any WR puts up good numbers when they start in Green Bay. Allison is a free agent in 2019 and I don't think he's special in any way. Feels like he's most likely a one year rental at best where you cross all of your fingers and toes the Packers decide to keep him in GB long term.

Not a lot of long term value here.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:40 pm

So I actually thought about this one a little bit more. Allison is in fact a restricted free agent in 2019 and the Packers could definitely put a tender on him to try and retain him cheaply like the Chargers did with Tyrell Williams this year. So if I was betting on one of Cobb or Allison being in GB next year I'd think Allison has the much better chance. Still doesn't make him hugely valuable long term but makes him potentially more than a one year rental, assuming he can hold off MVS and company.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:02 pm

Jcedwards wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:02 am What would you say his value is at right now? Been injured a couple weeks, but he has put up good numbers when he has played.
As an Allison owner and a Packer fan who is on top of Packers news/trends, I would want a mid 2019 second for him. Cobb is most likely gone after next year, and the only rookie WR that has shown promise thus far is MVS. Allison has Rodgers trust, which means a lot. Allison appears to be in line for the 2nd slot behind Adams in 2019.
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)