Who has best chance of holding off rookie replacement?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Who has best chance of holding off rookie replacement?

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:35 am

Mainly talking quarterbacks as that's always the hot button, but also runningbacks like Ameer Abdullah I think has a better chance to keep K Johnson down than people here think. Anyways, who do you think will be able to hold off an early drafted rookie and keep their job?

Tyrod Taylor over Bakerfield? I think that if Taylor plays with a chip on his shoulder and takes some chances it could happen

McCown or Teddy over Darnold? As a Vikings fan, I would love nothing more than to see Teddy beat out McCown for the starting job, and then play well enough to keep Darnold on the bench all year and leave Jets with a tough decision to make in the offseason

McCarron over Rosen? This is by far the least likely

Nathan Peterson over Allen? If Bills had literally anyone else I'd say this was the best chance, or at least where Allen gets his chance for 4 weeks, throws too many picks and overthrows, and then goes back to the bench. But.... It's Peterson. So Bills may just be going for a new single season INT record or something

Hyde over Chubb? Can Hyde hold Chubb at bay enough so that not only is he the 1/2 down bellcow (Duke has cemented his 3rd down role) but that he's kept for the 2019 season as well?

Abdullah over Johnson- This is going to be a nightmare committee for 2018 with Blount at short yardage and Riddick the pass catching. Can Abdullah keep his limited job of between the 20s runs? I think he has a better chance than he's being given around here despite looking like the odd man out
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Who has best chance of holding off rookie replacement?

Postby smbkrypt24 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:00 am

I'll go with Big Ben to hold of Mason Rudolph. Cheating? Probably.
To answer all your scenarios:
Tyrod will not hold of Baker Mayfield for very long if at all this season
I could see McCown given the starting nod and when they are horrible again they turn to Darnold
Rosen starts day 1
Allen starts day 1
Both Hyde and Chubb get playing time
I think K. Johnson gets the starting role all year. I don't trust Abdullah to be on the field let alone hold of Johnson.
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy, Fields
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Akers, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, D. Johnson, JSN, Doubs, Meyers, Thomas, Toney
TE: Andrews, Likely, Dulcic

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 1, 2, 2

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, Kamara, Dobbins, Rodriguez
WR: Chase, G. Wilson, D. Adams, Di. Johnson, M. Wilson, W. Robinson, R. Rice
TE: McBride, Pitts, Kmet, Likely

2024: 1.01, 1.06, 1.08, 2.09
2025: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023
QB: Goff, Watson, Cousins, Levis, Rodgers, Young
RB: Gibbs, Pacheco, Dobbins
WR: Chase, J. Jefferson, JSN, Palmer, Mooney, Tillman
TE: Schultz, Pitts, Likely, Okonkwo

2024: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 2.03, 2.06, 2.07, 2.10, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08
2025: 1, 2, 3

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:12 am

Obviously Flacco is the most likely to keep his job.

Sam Bradford will keep his job as long as his legs hold up. I don't pretend that I can predict injuries.

I expect Tyrod to play well, but if the team has a losing record (through no fault of his own) they might bench him. He hasn't shown the ability to come back from being down late, but he didn't exactly have a lot of WR talent in Buffalo.

I don't know if McCarron is any good and I have no idea what the Jets will do. A trade would clarify things.

I like Carlos Hyde to hold off Chubb, but I don't know that it will be enough to prevent a RBBC. Chris Thompson should be able to outscore Guice in PPR leagues. And he's not a rookie but I like Marshawn Lynch to hold off Doug Martin.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:30 am

McCarron is with the Bills, not the Cardinals. I would actually expect him to be the starter over Allen giving Allen some time to develop. Rosen will be competing with Bradford in Arizona and if he stays healthy, i believe Bradford will be the starter there.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:12 am

Taylor gets my vote.

Traded pick #65 to get him. And I'm buying that Cleveland is still in the playoff race around Thanksgiving. True, if he gets injured and misses a couple of games, he probably won't get the job back. And, true, he could still be traded. But, he's a talented player, helps the offense, throws a nice deep ball, and avoids mistakes. I'm betting on Taylor until the Browns are near elimination -- and I don't think that will be toward the end of the season, if at all.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:19 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:35 am Ameer Abdullah I think has a better chance to keep K Johnson down than people here think
Gonna be real hard for Ameer to keep Kerryon 'down' when the former isn't even active on game-days. He doesn't play special-teams, and teams don't activate bottom of the depth-chart RBs with no specialized role if they don't play on special-teams.
Tyrod Taylor over Bakerfield? I think that if Taylor plays with a chip on his shoulder and takes some chances it could happen
I think Tyrod may start all 16 games. I also think he's almost guaranteed to leave in '19. Cleveland effectively purchased Taylor's last year on his current contract for a 3rd round pick, and so they're gonna use that one year to its maximum value, unless he's just bad. And I don't think he'll be bad.
McCown or Teddy over Darnold? As a Vikings fan, I would love nothing more than to see Teddy beat out McCown for the starting job, and then play well enough to keep Darnold on the bench all year and leave Jets with a tough decision to make in the offseason
Teddy probably isn't gonna make the 53-man roster, barring injuries.
I assume you meant Bradford, not McCarron.

Rosen is more pro-ready than many rookie QBs. Bradford gets hurt a lot. I consider it likely Rosen makes starts this year.
Nathan Peterson over Allen? If Bills had literally anyone else I'd say this was the best chance
Er... there's AJ McCarron.

I expect McCarron to start the entire season for the Bills (or until they fall out of playoff contention), since I believe Josh Allen is a near-guaranteed bust and shouldn't have been a 1st round pick.
Hyde over Chubb? Can Hyde hold Chubb at bay enough so that not only is he the 1/2 down bellcow (Duke has cemented his 3rd down role) but that he's kept for the 2019 season as well?
If Matt Waldman's eyebrow-raising RB ranking this year is remotely accurate, then Hyde has no chance at all in Cleveland.
Abdullah over Johnson- This is going to be a nightmare committee for 2018 with Blount at short yardage and Riddick the pass catching. Can Abdullah keep his limited job of between the 20s runs? I think he has a better chance than he's being given around here despite looking like the odd man out
Lions didn't trade up to draft Kerryon to let Abdullah continue to be ineffective on Sundays. The only way Abdullah is on the active roster this year is if Kerryon instantly sucks, and sucks hard.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:49 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:35 am ...
Agreed

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:22 am

Sorry for Fing up a few of those QBs lol. Sorry about that
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:30 am

Hyde

-Hyde owner

In all honesty, CLE is in an interesting, if not precarious, situation. They have seemingly finally amissed a team of real talent, capable of competing in the league. But they are young, so development is crucial. How they handle both Mayfield and Chubb, who each have capable placeholders in front of them, will greatly impact the future of their team. What if they're still losing each week, yet close, do they panic and rush Baker out there? What if Hyde is struggling but also facing stacked boxes a majority of the time, do they send Chubb out to same fate?

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:52 am

Carson holds off Penny. (Scenario ... Penny misses blocks and Wilson gets lit up. They 'mix in' Carson who is healthy and he goes off. Timeshare by week 6. Carson lead back by week 9. Carson owners ride him to championships.)
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:57 am

Pew Dogs wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:52 am Carson holds off Penny. (Scenario ... Penny misses blocks and Wilson gets lit up. They 'mix in' Carson who is healthy and he goes off. Timeshare by week 6. Carson lead back by week 9. Carson owners ride him to championships.)
I like Carson...but can’t help but notice he’s your 3rd rb on one team. Might be wishful thinking there

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:47 am

For the QBs, Tyrod Taylor and Flacco will start all season barring injury. Bradford would as well except that he will get hurt. Jets and Bills will be starting rookies in week one as both are the best QBs those teams have by a large margin.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

flashgordon12
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby flashgordon12 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:56 am

Peyton Barber. I don't expect a ton but I think you could get him super cheap and he might actually be startable for you
Flash in the Pan: 12 team PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1DEF) 25 man rosters

QB- Andrew Luck, Josh Allen
RB- MGIII, Mixon, Cohen, Devonta Freeman
WR- AB, Odell Beckham Jr., Josh Gordon, Tyler Boyd, Marqise Lee, Sutton, MVS
TE- Gronk, Higbee
DEF- Denver

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:25 am

I could see Taylor starting all year.

My guess is Hyde/Chubb committee

I’m lower on Kerryon than most but I’ll be less surprised by his success than Abdullah’s. I think he takes that job over sooner than later but I’m not entirely sold on what he does with it

Also a vikes fan, love teddy. Pains me to say, I don’t think he plays much meaningful football again. I hope I’m wrong. I know he had his detractors even when healthy, but he showed a lot of the right things. That’s just a huge injury that no one has came back from
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:54 am

flashgordon12 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:56 am Peyton Barber. I don't expect a ton but I think you could get him super cheap and he might actually be startable for you
I’m very low on Jones II, so I like this call.
The standard is the standard.