Teddy Bridgewater

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
honcho55
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1048
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:45 pm

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby honcho55 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:54 pm

ArrylT wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:37 pm
https://sportsnaut.com/2020/02/report-t ... ee-agency/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/287 ... ree-agency

Bridgewater may have a strong market in FA.
It’s always a little higher than you expect isn’t it?

Teddy will get a shot to start again, been saying it since the tail end of his recovery. It’s easy to scoff at that number vs what he’s shown, and of course plenty of teams wouldn’t dream of offering that much, but fact is, you gotta pay up if you want to pick up a FA QB with even the potential to be starting caliber.

As a Minnesota fan, I’m interested to see where he ends up again, and wish him the best
my main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
14 team
start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT. Roster 15, 2 IR. keep 10 *transitioning to more keepers

QB: Wilson, Carr
RB: E Elliot, D Henry, M Ingram, M Boone, P Laird
WR: J Smith-Schuster, M Thomas, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, C Beasley, B Perriman
TE. T Kelce, D Goedert

2020 picks: 1.02, 1.03, 2.02, 4.04, 4.06, 4.14
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4
2022: 1, 1, 1, 2, 3
2023: 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

djeternal2
Captain
Captain
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:52 am

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby djeternal2 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:56 pm

ArrylT wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:37 pm
https://sportsnaut.com/2020/02/report-t ... ee-agency/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/287 ... ree-agency

Bridgewater may have a strong market in FA.
He had interest last year and was even offered the starting gig in Mia before deciding to stay in NO. But looking at that first article it seems super click baity (is that a word? guess it is now). First article claims 30 mil/yr on the open market. And ppl on here and elsewhwere have been bitching about Dak getting 30 mil/yr for the last year. Dak has done 100x more than Bridgewater has in the league so far.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Dam Williams, J Howard, Crowell, Duke, AP, Gore, B Hill
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, Kumerow, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Shaheen, Firkser, Conklin

2020 1st - 2, 2020 2nd - 2, 2020 3rd - 0

honcho55
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1048
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:45 pm

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby honcho55 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:27 pm

djeternal2 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:56 pm
ArrylT wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:37 pm
And ppl on here and elsewhwere have been bitching about Dak getting 30 mil/yr for the last year. Dak has done 100x more than Bridgewater has in the league so far.
Agreed, but it’s a large difference in a guy who turned down 30 a year as an extension, vs talking about a guy who might approach 30 a year on the open market
my main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
14 team
start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT. Roster 15, 2 IR. keep 10 *transitioning to more keepers

QB: Wilson, Carr
RB: E Elliot, D Henry, M Ingram, M Boone, P Laird
WR: J Smith-Schuster, M Thomas, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, C Beasley, B Perriman
TE. T Kelce, D Goedert

2020 picks: 1.02, 1.03, 2.02, 4.04, 4.06, 4.14
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4
2022: 1, 1, 1, 2, 3
2023: 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

djeternal2
Captain
Captain
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:52 am

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby djeternal2 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:39 pm

honcho55 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:27 pm
djeternal2 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:56 pm

And ppl on here and elsewhwere have been bitching about Dak getting 30 mil/yr for the last year. Dak has done 100x more than Bridgewater has in the league so far.
Agreed, but it’s a large difference in a guy who turned down 30 a year as an extension, vs talking about a guy who might approach 30 a year on the open market

Why is it different? Dak has done so much more in the league. If Bridgewater commands 30 mil/season then Dak must be worth much more than that right? Yet all the talk for the last year is Dak isn't worth 30 mil/season and the Boys should let him walk and draft a replacement. Shouldn't the teams thinking of signing Bridgewater to a 30 mil/season contract do the same thing?
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Dam Williams, J Howard, Crowell, Duke, AP, Gore, B Hill
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, Kumerow, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Shaheen, Firkser, Conklin

2020 1st - 2, 2020 2nd - 2, 2020 3rd - 0

honcho55
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1048
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:45 pm

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby honcho55 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:56 pm

djeternal2 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:39 pm
honcho55 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:27 pm
djeternal2 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:56 pm

And ppl on here and elsewhwere have been bitching about Dak getting 30 mil/yr for the last year. Dak has done 100x more than Bridgewater has in the league so far.
Agreed, but it’s a large difference in a guy who turned down 30 a year as an extension, vs talking about a guy who might approach 30 a year on the open market

Why is it different? Dak has done so much more in the league. If Bridgewater commands 30 mil/season then Dak must be worth much more than that right? Yet all the talk for the last year is Dak isn't worth 30 mil/season and the Boys should let him walk and draft a replacement. Shouldn't the teams thinking of signing Bridgewater to a 30 mil/season contract do the same thing?
Thanks for fixing my quote error

I think anyone would agree Dak is worth significantly more at this point. It’s the FA factor, if you don’t pay X amount, another team will, especially for QB. Happens every time. For every ‘fair’ FA QB deal there’s 9 ‘overpays’.
my main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
14 team
start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT. Roster 15, 2 IR. keep 10 *transitioning to more keepers

QB: Wilson, Carr
RB: E Elliot, D Henry, M Ingram, M Boone, P Laird
WR: J Smith-Schuster, M Thomas, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, C Beasley, B Perriman
TE. T Kelce, D Goedert

2020 picks: 1.02, 1.03, 2.02, 4.04, 4.06, 4.14
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4
2022: 1, 1, 1, 2, 3
2023: 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

User avatar
Valhalla
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4399
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby Valhalla » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:17 pm

Although I’m a fan, I’ll venture he’s lucky to get an offer as good as a 4 yr contract ~22.5/yr over first couple years, ~27/yr for years 3-4, with a 2yr out on the contract...from the...Chargers? Bucs? Pats? Saints?
I haven’t been following the market though

Mjvb5
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3173
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:29 am

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:25 pm

I think 30M even as an FA QB is wayyyy overestimating his value. I'm guessing he lands something +/- similar to Nick Foles
12 team ppr 1qb 2rb 2wt 1te 1 flex 2lb 2db 2dl 1dflex
Eli manning,
A. Brown, Dez, TY Hilton,Crabtree, K. Aiken
D. Free, Howard, Ingram, demarco, AP, Powell
Kelce
Cam Jordan,Calais Campbell, Suh, Heyward, Sheard
Ogletree, Davis, Poz,Ragland, Woodyard, Misi, Demario Davis, Casillas
, Cyprien, Chancellor,

Cameron Giles
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9108
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:45 pm

I still don't see Bridgewater as a difference-maker. He had one really good game where the Saints waxed Tampa, but everyone does that. Outside of that, he was pedestrian and simply played a role in what the Saints needed to win.

I think he can manage a game fine, and have occasional flashes of doing more, but you're mostly paying for average-at-best. You're better off drafting a QB than spending 20-30M on Bridgewater. He's just not that good.

honcho55
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1048
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:45 pm

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby honcho55 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:53 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:45 pm
I still don't see Bridgewater as a difference-maker. He had one really good game where the Saints waxed Tampa, but everyone does that. Outside of that, he was pedestrian and simply played a role in what the Saints needed to win.

I think he can manage a game fine, and have occasional flashes of doing more, but you're mostly paying for average-at-best. You're better off drafting a QB than spending 20-30M on Bridgewater. He's just not that good.
I don’t outright disagree with this at all. The rub is frame of reference.

“Average” starting NfL QB is... an enormously good QB. Difference maker in the NFL? Nah, he’s not. Better off drafting one vs Teddy? Nope, and not even close, by the numbers.

Now, I do get the idea that you don’t want an average QB, you want to build around or find a stud in order to make a run. Fact is, guys like Teddy are gonna get shots, and are gonna get paid.
my main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
14 team
start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT. Roster 15, 2 IR. keep 10 *transitioning to more keepers

QB: Wilson, Carr
RB: E Elliot, D Henry, M Ingram, M Boone, P Laird
WR: J Smith-Schuster, M Thomas, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, C Beasley, B Perriman
TE. T Kelce, D Goedert

2020 picks: 1.02, 1.03, 2.02, 4.04, 4.06, 4.14
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4
2022: 1, 1, 1, 2, 3
2023: 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 12967
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:29 pm

honcho55 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:53 pm
Cameron Giles wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:45 pm
I still don't see Bridgewater as a difference-maker. He had one really good game where the Saints waxed Tampa, but everyone does that. Outside of that, he was pedestrian and simply played a role in what the Saints needed to win.

I think he can manage a game fine, and have occasional flashes of doing more, but you're mostly paying for average-at-best. You're better off drafting a QB than spending 20-30M on Bridgewater. He's just not that good.
I don’t outright disagree with this at all. The rub is frame of reference.

“Average” starting NfL QB is... an enormously good QB. Difference maker in the NFL? Nah, he’s not. Better off drafting one vs Teddy? Nope, and not even close, by the numbers.

Now, I do get the idea that you don’t want an average QB, you want to build around or find a stud in order to make a run. Fact is, guys like Teddy are gonna get shots, and are gonna get paid.
Depends what round, really. If you take a first round QB, I'd argue it is. You need to take into account the amount of cap space you'd save vs paying Teddy 30 million, to be able to strengthen the overall roster. Personally, I think it's laughable anybody would pay Bridgewater 30 million. Just hope it's not my team.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

User avatar
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8520
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby ArrylT » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:05 pm

$30 million may seem unrealistic but with the NFL Salary cap continuing to climb (it will be between 196-201 million) and the average QB salary for veterans at around 22-25m a year, $30m a year might not be too far fetched.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

User avatar
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8520
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby ArrylT » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:45 am

Rumours he could be going to Carolina? Or NE?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

User avatar
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4349
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby Bot101 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:35 am

3 years, 60 mil to the Panthers. Great for CMC and Moore. Not sure about Samuel.

Cameron Giles
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9108
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:37 am

Bridgewater doesn't push the ball down the field much, so this does suck for the potential of Samuel being a good buy low, or any big play chances in this offense.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 12967
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:38 am

Bot101 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:35 am
3 years, 60 mil to the Panthers. Great for CMC and Moore. Not sure about Samuel.
Not good for Samuel IMO.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests