Most painful loss - tell us you worst loss

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Most painful loss - tell us you worst loss

Postby Wizard » Fri May 18, 2018 12:41 pm

OK, whats your most painful lose in FF. Mine was a few years ago, I went into the Monday night game and was down by 20 points or so and I had Sproles playing (for the Saints), I thought I had no chance. He went off in the first half and I only needed 5 or 6 points in the second half. Slowly in the second half he got closer and closer. We a few mins left in the game I only needed 1.5 points, he ran (or caught a short pass, can't remember) and run up the middle for 20 yards. WHoohoo 2 points I won, he got hit and fumbled and turned the ball over, loss of 1 point. I lose. And to rub salt in the wound the broadcasters said that i was the first time he had ever fumbled as a Saint.

Second one, this one I was on the winning side. I don't even know who the player was but I had beat my team this week by less than a point, later that week Yahoo did a stat change to a player which caused me to lose by less than a point. Then they changed it back a day later or so and I won. My buddy was pissed.

What were your worst losses?
QB -Tom Brady, Nick Foles Deshaun Watson

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

TE - Zach Ertz, Harris Demetrius, Hayden Hurst

xlur8ed
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Most painful loss - tell us you worst loss

Postby xlur8ed » Fri May 18, 2018 1:25 pm

Back in 2012. I was up like man, 30? going into the last game of the weekend. Week 16, Championship week. I was done, he had Lynch. I remember it clearly. The difference (whatever it was) was enough for me to feel like it was pretty much wrapped up, barring something ridiculous. It was the most painful game I've watched from a fantasy perspective ever. I was confident, confident, confident, ..... is this possible for him, nah, confident...man, Lynch is going off, not as confident...and it was literally like the last play of the game and if I remember correctly, Lynch caught a pass, and lost like 4 yards on it, but as a full PPR, it was just enough for the other owner to pull ahead and win. It was insane. .3 points on a week where both championship rosters went OFF.

Team 1: 24 Team Superflex - RB/WR 1.0PPR - TE 1.5PPR - 2 Copy
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 1SF, 3Flex
QB: Wilson, Stafford, Blough, Keenum
RB: Zeke, Gordon, Carson, Mack, Michel, White, Trayveon Williams
WR: KAllen, Kupp, Kirk, ESanders, Jeffery, PWilliams, TWilliams, RRidley, Coutee, Boykin, KCole
TE: Hooper, Olsen, Jonnu Smith, Uzomah, Akins, Alie-Cox, JReed

Team 2: 10 Team - 0.5PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex
QB: Rodgers, Brady, Herbert
RB: CEH, Bell, Connor, Guice, Ingram, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, OBJ, Sutton, Higgins, Aiyuk, ESanders, PWilliams, Perriman, ABrown, VJefferson
TE: Kelce, Higbee

Team 3: 12 Team Superflex - 1.0PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 3Flex
QB: JAllen, Rodgers, Brady, Mullens
RB: Zeke, Bell, Henry, DJohnson, JWhite, JJackson, BLove
WR: Adams, Kupp, Edelman, DJohnson, Jeffery, PWilliams, AMiller, PCampbell, CBeasley, Hamler, TJohnson
TE: Kelce, Hooper, Olsen, Rudolph, Uzomah

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri May 18, 2018 1:35 pm

I had a championship win reversed by stat correction. It was redraft, but still. One of the pain points of IDP.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri May 18, 2018 3:06 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:35 pm I had a championship win reversed by stat correction. It was redraft, but still. One of the pain points of IDP.
Same and it was a tight game 2014. Think Tuesday I was up 1.5 or something...IDP scoring was really low compared to the full IDP's I play in today and still got the L...even the other owner said we should split the pot because it felt cheap to him

Me (244.54)
Him (245.28)
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Fri May 18, 2018 5:26 pm

Travis Kelces fumble call I think 2 yrs ago (I still call bullshit) lost by a couple of points. And more recently it was McCoy in a very snowy game, he'd put up nothing for 90% of the game only to put up close to 16 point I think either in the last 5 mins or it might have been over time.

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:00 pm

Someone is going to call me out on this one, but this isn't one I can make up...

It's 2014, week 11, and I'm clawing for a playoff spot despite being the top scoring team in the league. I am DOMINATING going into Monday Night Football. My opponent has but one player to go, and this person plays for the New England Patriots. This one player is someone who I had never really even considered owning or rostering. This one player at the time is being started in 0.1% of leagues, is owned in under 1% of leagues, and has zero career touchdowns. I quietly laugh to myself and tune into what I think is going to be a relaxing MNF game. How wrong I was...

This one player left to play was named...drumroll...

JONAS GRAY

I kid you not. Jonas Gray. And he GOES OFF for 37 carries, 201 yards, and not one, not two, not three, but a NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS FRANCHISE-RECORD FOUR TOUCHDOWNS. His final total in standard scoring is 44.1 points, and I lose 150.7 to 149.1.

I got Jonas Grayed.

Yes, in this league, Jonas Gray's name has been turned into a verb that describes an epic, unexpected, essentially impossible defeat, and no matter how many practice squads he anchors from here on out, he will always live on in infamy as the perpetrator of the most devastating loss of my fantasy football career.

DynastyBuilder515
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyBuilder515 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:30 pm

Last year in the championship I was down 1 point, he had no one going and I had Alshon and Crabtree. I was feeling great until about 10 mins left in the game when both were still healthy and still had 0 catches. Then stressed for the rest of the game and spent 20 mins cussing.

Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wizard » Fri May 18, 2018 7:31 pm

Oh, I remember one that was hilarious but I wasn't involved:

My friend and another owner were not getting along and some nasty, not so friendly trash talking was going on between the two for a few weeks. I'll call them Max (my friend) and Donald (his arch enemy, who also was a friend of mine).

Finally these two played each other and Max really wanted to win BADLEY, I'm sure Donald did too. Max was over at my place to watch football all day and all day Max talked about beating Donald. He screamed at the tv when something went wrong for hin or good for Donald and cheered when something good happened for him or bad for Donald. At the end of the day Max was winning but only by a few points with a minute or so left in the Sunday night game, and that was the last game that either of them had players in.

At the end of the game Max was going out of his mind because the team with the ball had a player owned by Donald on it and they were moving down the field in their 2 minute drill. He was screaming non-stop at the tv now going nuts (we may have been drinking a little). Well, with 5 seconds left on the clock Donald's player scored a TD. I was ready for a possible violent outbreak but Max just sat in silence stunned.

Max was just sitting in silence and drinking, it was one of those awkward times when you know no matter what you say it just going to set him off so I didn't say anything we just watched the final play, a squib kick in silence. They squibbed the ball down the middle of the field and the receiving team did the desperate lateral the ball back over and over to try keep the game going and praying someone would somehow run the ball in (does that ever work, they always go backwards) the last guy to lateral it basically threw the ball behind him without looking, it went to nobody and the kicking team jumped on it, game over.

Here's the great part for Max, that last player to lateral the ball was a RB was owned by Donald, minus 1 for the fumble and minus one for turning the ball over to the other team. We didn't even realize what happened until I thought about it a few seconds and said, isn't that a fumble, he threw the ball on the ground backwards, that's a fumble!!! Sure enough it counted as a fumble.
QB -Tom Brady, Nick Foles Deshaun Watson

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

TE - Zach Ertz, Harris Demetrius, Hayden Hurst

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Sat May 19, 2018 6:19 am

Last year in the Semi’s I lost by 2.2 points. That was the week Crabtree put up a goose egg.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat May 19, 2018 7:28 am

Week 15 many years ago I was up going into Monday night with Brian Westbrook (stud) and Trent Cole (high end DL) vs Asante Samuel (low floor, big play dependent). The game was dominated by the Eagles (no surprise since against the Browns)...but my guys weren’t getting much. Westbrook eventually gets pulled in the 3rd because it’s so out of hand. Final 2 minutes with nothing to play for, low and behold Asante gets a Pick-6...and I lose by 1 or 2 points in the semi final.

My team was dominant with maybe one loss on the season. You never know what can happen in playoffs...

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat May 19, 2018 10:41 am

In 2012, Marshawn Lynch had a big game on Sunday night week 16 - our championship game: 26-111-1 and 2-19-1. Hidden in that number was a carry for a loss of 3 yards with 7:50 left to play in the game. Without that carry, I had a very slim lead but that dropped me into a tie (we do score to the hundredths) and Lynch never touched the ball again. The outcome went to tie breakers and I lost the title game.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Sun May 20, 2018 8:10 pm

I have less than a TD lead over one of the worst owners in our league, he only has a tight end left on Monday night, and I have nobody. His tight end is Mitch Lyons of the Atlanta Falcons. In 1996 the Falcons under June Jones used the Run and Shoot offense, which typically does not even employ a tight end. Why would any owner even have Mitch Lyons rostered, much less started? As I'm sure you've already guessed Lyons caught a TD pass and I lost. Dude had 1 reception for 1 yard and a TD. He was only targeted FOUR times that entire season! And if you go look up Mitch Lyons on pro-football-reference.com you will see that he only has ONE career TD, and it was that f-cking game!

I will never, ever forget that loss.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

gratefulydead3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gratefulydead3 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:55 pm

:thumbdown:
Last edited by gratefulydead3 on Mon May 21, 2018 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

gratefulydead3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gratefulydead3 » Mon May 21, 2018 12:04 am

Lost the week 16 championship in 2015 on the Thursday (New Year's Eve) stat correction. Margin of victory went from 4.98 to -0.82 points

I've also lost in that league by 0.03, 0.19, and 0.51 but they weren't the championship

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Mon May 21, 2018 8:11 am

xlur8ed wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:25 pmif I remember correctly, Lynch caught a pass, and lost like 4 yards on it, but as a full PPR, it was just enough for the other owner to pull ahead and win.
One of the reasons I hate PPR. The catch was a negative in real life, but in a PPR league it's a positive play and cost you a game.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7