RJ infatuation

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
spotxc
Captain
Captain
Posts: 985
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:52 am

Re: RJ infatuation

Postby spotxc » Sun May 13, 2018 12:08 pm

None of those guys listed had significant draft capital invested into them either. All late round picks or udfa who fell into opportunity. This seems different to me

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10315
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: RJ infatuation

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun May 13, 2018 12:11 pm

spotxc wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 12:08 pm
None of those guys listed had significant draft capital invested into them either. All late round picks or udfa who fell into opportunity. This seems different to me
I'm not comparing them to Jones as much as I am Barber, but I don't think much of either RB regardless. If I was forced to, I'd probably pay the price for Barber than spend the draft capital on Jones.

User avatar
thebeast
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: RJ infatuation

Postby thebeast » Sun May 13, 2018 5:50 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 12:11 pm
spotxc wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 12:08 pm
None of those guys listed had significant draft capital invested into them either. All late round picks or udfa who fell into opportunity. This seems different to me
I'm not comparing them to Jones as much as I am Barber, but I don't think much of either RB regardless. If I was forced to, I'd probably pay the price for Barber than spend the draft capital on Jones.
Looking forward to revisiting this.
2017 Champion - DLF Hall of Fame League - 16 Team | 1 PPR | 1QB-2WR/2RB/1TE/2FL
2019 Reg. Season Champ & Runner Up - DLF Premium League - 16 Team | 1 PPR | 1QB-2WR/2RB/1TE/2FL

User avatar
Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Re: RJ infatuation

Postby Krypto_King » Sun May 13, 2018 7:04 pm

It's a catch-22. I don't think much of him but I value Barber as an early 4th because I think Jones is garbage. Jones owners are drafting him 1.03/1.04 because they think Barber is garbage.

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11968
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: RJ infatuation

Postby Phaded » Sun May 13, 2018 7:11 pm

...You don't draft a running back early because you think the current UDFA running back is garbage...
You draft a running back early because you believe he is good.

User avatar
Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Re: RJ infatuation

Postby Krypto_King » Sun May 13, 2018 7:32 pm

Phaded wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 7:11 pm
...You don't draft a running back early because you think the current UDFA running back is garbage...
You draft a running back early because you believe he is good.
tell that to Penny, Freeman and Jones owners. All took massive jumps in ADP due to situation. I think Chase Edmonds is good but I'm not going to draft him early in any league.

OhCruelestRanter
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2310
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: RJ infatuation

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun May 13, 2018 10:16 pm

thebeast wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 9:33 am
The time to sel Barber was before Rojo was drafted by the Bucs. Sure you can hold him and hope Rojo gets injured and you can sell him for more, or you can take a shot with another 5th round pick and hope they turn into more than a backup RB, which is Barbers long term future.
I disagree with this. Barber’s trade value has probably increased. I don’t think anybody genuinely believed that TB was going to avoid RB for the entire draft, and the few people who might have believed that are the guys who really believe in Barber already.

The most likely scenarios before the draft involved Tampa adding someone much less polarizing, like Guice, Chubb, Michel, Penny, or Johnson. Adding Jones, who has tons of haters, means there’s probably someone in your league who hates Jones enough to bet against him by paying for Barber.

If you’re looking to trade Barber now, the guy who spent an early pick on Jones and therefore proved he believes in Barber’s competition is the last place I’d look.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11968
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: RJ infatuation

Postby Phaded » Mon May 14, 2018 4:02 am

Krypto_King wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 7:32 pm
Phaded wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 7:11 pm
...You don't draft a running back early because you think the current UDFA running back is garbage...
You draft a running back early because you believe he is good.
tell that to Penny, Freeman and Jones owners. All took massive jumps in ADP due to situation. I think Chase Edmonds is good but I'm not going to draft him early in any league.
They were already 1st round rookie picks prior to the draft, now they have the draft capital to back it up. Not sure what you are trying to get at or that your point is even valid. Edmonds was never a first round rookie pick.

User avatar
WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 14722
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:02 am

Re: RJ infatuation

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon May 14, 2018 8:00 am

The only reason I'd hold consider holding onto Peyton Barber in dynasty is due to the hamstring injury Ronald Jones ACL. There are other instances where players were injured training for or while running drills for the combine, and these injuries flared up again during training camp and/or the preseason. I can't remember the exact info but this was per Stephania Bell.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

User avatar
Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Re: RJ infatuation

Postby Krypto_King » Mon May 14, 2018 10:32 am

Phaded wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 4:02 am
Krypto_King wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 7:32 pm
Phaded wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 7:11 pm
...You don't draft a running back early because you think the current UDFA running back is garbage...
You draft a running back early because you believe he is good.
tell that to Penny, Freeman and Jones owners. All took massive jumps in ADP due to situation. I think Chase Edmonds is good but I'm not going to draft him early in any league.
They were already 1st round rookie picks prior to the draft, now they have the draft capital to back it up. Not sure what you are trying to get at or that your point is even valid. Edmonds was never a first round rookie pick.
They were 1st round rookie picks because we expected them to have draft capital...
You said we draft running backs early because we think they are good, I proved you wrong. That was my point. We draft running backs early because we think they will score us fantasy points or provide trade value.

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11968
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: RJ infatuation

Postby Phaded » Mon May 14, 2018 1:52 pm

... You did not prove anything at all. You literally responded to my opinion with yours.

You are now contradicting your own argument. You said running backs get inflated due to opportunity yet in your same breath you mention that they were projected first round rookie picks because we were predicting high draft capital.. Which high draft capital directly translates to them being good. You are literally bordering idiotic with your argument..

ManhattanProject
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:09 am

Re: RJ infatuation

Postby ManhattanProject » Mon May 14, 2018 2:50 pm

Krypto_King wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 10:32 am
Phaded wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 4:02 am
Krypto_King wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 7:32 pm


tell that to Penny, Freeman and Jones owners. All took massive jumps in ADP due to situation. I think Chase Edmonds is good but I'm not going to draft him early in any league.
They were already 1st round rookie picks prior to the draft, now they have the draft capital to back it up. Not sure what you are trying to get at or that your point is even valid. Edmonds was never a first round rookie pick.
They were 1st round rookie picks because we expected them to have draft capital...
You said we draft running backs early because we think they are good, I proved you wrong. That was my point. We draft running backs early because we think they will score us fantasy points or provide trade value.
How did you prove him wrong? Are you saying you draft rb's you think are bad? Aren't fantasy points and trade value part of what makes us think of an rb as good?

User avatar
spotxc
Captain
Captain
Posts: 985
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:52 am

Re: RJ infatuation

Postby spotxc » Mon May 14, 2018 2:55 pm

We draft RBs to play tennis and eat cheeseburgers

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain
Posts: 779
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:44 pm

Re: RJ infatuation

Postby Chwf3rd » Mon May 14, 2018 3:36 pm

Can someone explain to me when RoJo became the most polarizing rookie RB? Was it during the pre-draft process? Regardless of what I think of him as a prospect, it seems like most of the draft guys were pretty high on him:

Daniel Jeremiah: RB4, #29 overall
Dane Brugler: RB3, #22 overall
Matt Miller: RB4, #43 overall
Lance Zierlein: RB3, #25 overall
Eric Galko: RB2, #8 overall
Jonah Tuls: RB2, #21 overall

During the draft season he was my clear cut RB3 with a top 25 grade overall and I really don't understand why the dynasty community seems to be so down on him and pushing an odd narrative.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, PRivers
RB: AKamara, JMixon, DHenderson, LMcCoy, RArmstead, TPollard
WR: ACooper, SDiggs, CSamuel, AJGreen, SWatkins, AMiller, DiJohnson, ZPascal
TE: MAndrews, ISmith, KWarring
Record: 4-6
Picks: 1, 1, 1

Team 2 - 12 team, PPR, superflex
QB: MStafford, SDarnold, DJones, BRoethlisberger, ALuck
RB: DCook, PLindsay, TColeman, DSingletary, JWhite, DFreeman, CHyde, MWalton, RMostert, MGaskin, QOllison
WR: DAdams, MEvans, SDiggs, DSamuel, SWatkins, MHardman, GAllison
TE: JDoyle, TBurton, DKnox, DFells, KWarring
Record: 6-4
Picks: 1, 2, 2

Team 3 - 12 team, PPR, 2QB, 2TE
QB: DWatson, CWentz, MStafford, DJones, ALuck
RB: NChubb, DMontgomery, SMichel, KDrake, CHyde, TJohnson, MWalton, KBallage, CThompson, JDMcKissic, QOllison
WR: THill, DAdams, SDiggs, DSamuel, PCampbell, DiJohnson, JCrowder, JWashington, ALazard, ATate
TE: GKittle, HHenry, TJHock, KWarring
Record: 8-2
Picks: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2

User avatar
dynastyninja
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3274
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: RJ infatuation

Postby dynastyninja » Mon May 14, 2018 4:11 pm

Chwf3rd wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 3:36 pm
Can someone explain to me when RoJo became the most polarizing rookie RB? Was it during the pre-draft process? Regardless of what I think of him as a prospect, it seems like most of the draft guys were pretty high on him:

Daniel Jeremiah: RB4, #29 overall
Dane Brugler: RB3, #22 overall
Matt Miller: RB4, #43 overall
Lance Zierlein: RB3, #25 overall
Eric Galko: RB2, #8 overall
Jonah Tuls: RB2, #21 overall

During the draft season he was my clear cut RB3 with a top 25 grade overall and I really don't understand why the dynasty community seems to be so down on him and pushing an odd narrative.
I'm sure his negative combine experience hurt his stock for a lot of people. His tape looks good, though, so other people are still going to defend what they see with their eyes.

I have RoJo as my #3, so the tape is more important to me, but I get it.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bjd5211, mgscott and 12 guests