2018 Running Back Report

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: 2018 Running Back Report

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:13 am

MEuRaH wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:39 am I am going to hijack the RB report from here on out. I've pretty much nailed it 3 years in a row. I even went as far as to say that Wilkins would have more value than Penny & Jones year 1 and should be flipped for a profit immediately before he disappears year 2 and beyond. You know how much flak and laughter I got for that call?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=153507&start=390#p1474664

Yes, the post was edited on Sept 30th, but it was due to a spelling error I found. If you read the next page you can see the rankings in quotes on May 30th several times that shows my ability to accurately project these guys 4 months before a snap was even played.

Again, I'm going to take over your report DD.

I suck at WR, TE, QB.... someone else can do that.
Did I miss something? What value does Wilkins have? Granted Penny and Jones were popular picks that didn't pan out (yet). But Wilkins has way less value than Penny in my book. Jones as well but it's closer...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:20 pm

Meurah, you are insufferable and your arrogance continues to be astounding.

You "nailed it" - but in the post you linked, you have Chubb beneath a guy like Kalen Ballage and even beneath Royce Freeman.
I was not high on Chubb, but at this point he is pretty clearly the second most valuable RB at this point in time - so in other words you were flat out wrong about him.
Wilkins has never had any value and let's not pretend he ever had more value than Penny or RoJo, despite the disappointments they were.

You really did not nail anything - you were half wrong and half right (and that is being generous).

DD at least has a formula - you are just throwing darts at a dart board and like to boast about some success but do not acknowledge your failures. But hey - you called Barkley as the clear cut #1, good job - because no one else did that.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:04 pm

jetsfan5757 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:13 amDid I miss something? What value does Wilkins have? Granted Penny and Jones were popular picks that didn't pan out (yet). But Wilkins has way less value than Penny in my book. Jones as well but it's closer...
I'll take it that you didn't read anything, you just looked at the rankings. I said Wilkins would have more of a fantasy impact than Penny or Jones, and would be "worth more" since he could be had as a 3rd or 4th rounder and sold for a 2nd, maybe a 1st.
Phaded wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:20 pmYou "nailed it" - but in the post you linked, you have Chubb beneath a guy like Kalen Ballage and even beneath Royce Freeman.
I was not high on Chubb, but at this point he is pretty clearly the second most valuable RB at this point in time - so in other words you were flat out wrong about him.
Wilkins has never had any value and let's not pretend he ever had more value than Penny or RoJo, despite the disappointments they were.

You really did not nail anything - you were half wrong and half right (and that is being generous).

DD at least has a formula - you are just throwing darts at a dart board and like to boast about some success but do not acknowledge your failures. But hey - you called Barkley as the clear cut #1, good job - because no one else did that.
Another guy who didn't read it. It clearly says at the top "YEAR 1 RANKINGS". In the following page I gave my actual dynasty values.

If you read further (you didn't, I'll do it here for you) I said that Wilkins doesn't have any real value, and that the only reason he's worth owning is because he can be drafted in the 4th and traded for a future 1st or 2nd when (not if, WHEN) he takes over #1 duties. I was dead right.

I don't have Wilkins above Penny or Jones. If you read it (you didn't, I'll do it for you again) they are all the same tier/color for year 1. Jones and Penny's value tanked to a 2nd... same as Wilkins early in the year if you flipped him like I did. I was right..... again.

Ballage the same value as Chubb because I didn't expect the Browns to ever make the right choice, plus they had Hyde & Duke. Ballage has great skills and I thought for sure Gore/Drake would get hurt. They didn't until towards the end of the year, and in the two games the Ballage was allowed to share the rock, he went 24-170-1. So I'm wrong on these two because the Browns wised up and shipped Hyde and the Dolphins RBs never got hurt? I'll take that.

Everyone was touting Penny as the guy to own behind Barkley & most were touting Jones as a 1st round pick at the very least, except for the very few of you (3?) who PMd me that you agreed but were afraid to say it outloud for fear of being retaliated on like I am. NP buds, I'll do it for you. Hell, I didn't even have him as a 2nd rounder. RIGHT AGAIN OMG?

I sang high praises for KJ as the #2 RB to own in this draft class. Was I right? You tell me.

And the thing I'm loving more is this up-coming rookie draft. The last few were easy (Zeke, Fournette, Barkley), but this year.... oh baby. Montgomery is a JOKE compared to the guy who should be considered a top 3 candidate. There's a guy I really want and by the looks of it early on, he's gonna be cheap. Not as good as Zeke or Barkley, but definitely better than Fournette, and easily a top 5 or top 10 RB down the road. Now the trick is...... do I disclose all this, or keep it for myself like I usually do every year and then tell you all your mistakes after the rookie drafts are over? Hmmm.....

PS: I'm being over-jerky on purpose. I like it.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:55 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:04 pm If you read further (you didn't, I'll do it here for you) I said that Wilkins doesn't have any real value, and that the only reason he's worth owning is because he can be drafted in the 4th and traded for a future 1st or 2nd when (not if, WHEN) he takes over #1 duties. I was dead right.
I don't intend on dissecting everything but I'm curious when this happened. I don't recall ever seeing Wilkins have any value this season or ever...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:12 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:04 pm
Obviously you disagree with the saying you attract more flies with honey than vinegar. ;)

I hadnt seen your RB rankings before, so while I will not comment on your style, I do thank you for taking the time to provide a link to them as I always like reading other peoples takes. 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:42 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:04 pm
In general I don't mind it and I understood you're just having some fun, but these threads breed so much toxicity for some reason I'd honestly rather you took a different approach. But it's up to you *shrugs*.

These past 2 draft classes for Rb's have been historically good, so nearly any set of rankings are going to look decent. This years draft class may be a better test, but we'll see.

As for your rankings in particular Meurah, I've said it many times nobody is going to be able to pick the complete optimal players in order, but what I really wanted to do was to avoid the major busts. So far I think my model has done a pretty good job of that. I've been really satisfied with the rankings over the past 4 or so years, and think it's pretty cool that it's strictly based on just numbers as well. Foreman still has to prove himself though. But back to your rankings, I think having Guice 7th overall is a critical mistake. Turd Sandwich has looked good though. That said, nitpicking any player in particular after only 1 year is kind of pointless. Just too small a sample size to pass any kind of real judgement.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:27 pm

skip wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:55 pm I don't intend on dissecting everything but I'm curious when this happened. I don't recall ever seeing Wilkins have any value this season or ever...
Marlon Mack went down with an injury early and then again later on. I think he was out 5-6 weeks total. Wilkins was the starter for a good 3-4 of those weeks. That was the time to sell. I'd been preaching that since May. Anytime you can buy a backup RB in the 4th round, you do it and wait for the chance to flip.
ArrylT wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:12 pmI hadnt seen your RB rankings before, so while I will not comment on your style, I do thank you for taking the time to provide a link to them as I always like reading other peoples takes. 8-)
You're one of the better users on these forum. Kudos, sir.
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:42 pmIn general I don't mind it and I understood you're just having some fun, but these threads breed so much toxicity for some reason I'd honestly rather you took a different approach. But it's up to you *shrugs*.
I don't think I'm being toxic. In my last post I praised myself like crazy. Patting myself on the back makes me laugh. It does annoy me when people don't read my post and reply with incorrect information, as you did as well (see below).
DD wrote:These past 2 draft classes for Rb's have been historically good, so nearly any set of rankings are going to look decent. This years draft class may be a better test, but we'll see.
That's like saying "anyone can do it". But if anyone could do it, it would have been done. I haven't seen any rankings out there similar to mine these past few years. I'd be willing to put up my rankings vs anyone else.
DD wrote:what I really wanted to do was to avoid the major busts. So far I think my model has done a pretty good job of that. I've been really satisfied with the rankings over the past 4 or so years, and think it's pretty cool that it's strictly based on just numbers as well. Foreman still has to prove himself though. But back to your rankings, I think having Guice 7th overall is a critical mistake. Turd Sandwich has looked good though. That said, nitpicking any player in particular after only 1 year is kind of pointless. Just too small a sample size to pass any kind of real judgement.
How many of you guys are going to gloss over what I'm saying?

I gave two rankings. I gave a 2018 ranking and a dynasty ranking. I nailed the 2018 ranking.

I don't have Guice ranked 7th. That's not a numerical rank. It's a tiered rank. BTW you originally said Guice was a "long term stud". Is this no longer what you believe? I think the Redskins had the best YBC (yards before contact) of any team in the league. It's why AP looked like a stud. If Guice gets the same situation, he might be pretty awesome year 1 on that alone.

I poo-poo'd all over Foreman. He might have done OK but that achilles is going to keep him from ever being what he could have been.

How many copies of Turd do you own? He's a great talent, I said that since the start. The problem is injuries. Freaks me out a tad. Maybe better conditioning can help.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:30 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:27 pm Marlon Mack went down with an injury early and then again later on. I think he was out 5-6 weeks total. Wilkins was the starter for a good 3-4 of those weeks. That was the time to sell. I'd been preaching that since May. Anytime you can buy a backup RB in the 4th round, you do it and wait for the chance to flip.
Hines was by far the more productive PPR RB in Mack's absence. Wilkins is garbage and nobody should have been buying.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:15 pm

Wow, this is actually a lot more nonsense than I was anticipating. I was actually trying to defend you Meurah as what you wrote came off as so toxic I just assumed you were joking. It seems I was mistaken.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:49 pm

I guess I missed the whole point as I thought meurah was doing a snarky DD imitation in a burst of sublime tongue in cheekery ?

oh well I think the coming class can separate the men from the boys as there is several very nice possibilities in the minefield
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:45 pm

Who the hell is Turd and why are there so many bowel movement references in this thread? :lol:
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:27 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:27 pm
skip wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:55 pm I don't intend on dissecting everything but I'm curious when this happened. I don't recall ever seeing Wilkins have any value this season or ever...
Marlon Mack went down with an injury early and then again later on. I think he was out 5-6 weeks total. Wilkins was the starter for a good 3-4 of those weeks. That was the time to sell. I'd been preaching that since May. Anytime you can buy a backup RB in the 4th round, you do it and wait for the chance to flip.
I can't find any evidence of trades involving Wilkins during that time frame. Perhaps you landed a one off opportunity, but given the rapid overreaction on this forum anytime someone sniffs even a few moments of playing time I would have expected a few threads discussing any value. None. Most threads involving him we're about whether or not he was a cut near the start of the season.

My intent wasn't to call you out, but I don't see any evidence of value in Wilkins at any point this season.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:33 am

MEuRaH wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:27 pm
Buying low and selling high is a fantasy football commandment, but what is or was Wilkins' high value? I can't imagine you could have netted a 1st. You're a premium member- use the trade finder to see what he was being traded for.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:16 am

btv802 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:30 pmHines was by far the more productive PPR RB in Mack's absence. Wilkins is garbage and nobody should have been buying.
I don't disagree, but it only takes 1.
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:15 pmI was actually trying to defend you Meurah
Why? Did I ask for it? Did it look like I needed it? Does it at all look like I am incapable of handling any negative feedback or arguments? I like debating, I like stirring, and I enjoy a good forum battle from time to time.

Also, I asked you legit questions and you avoided them. If you don't wanna answer them, that's fine, but I was genuinely curious. You can "help" me by answering them.
Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:45 pmWho the hell is Turd and why are there so many bowel movement references in this thread? :lol:
Kerryon Johnson. DD called him a turd in the original post. I think he ate his words by now.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:59 am

I wouldn't call the behavior as toxic, it is more like a 5 year old that got his ball taken away. Moving on
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts